Our fans on the pitch

2 hours ago, WendyOK said:

The state of this thread. You can really tell who doesn’t attend any away games🤣 Who cares if people go on the pitch 🤣

You can tell who doesn’t go to home games nevermind away ffs! Reyt joke, everyone celebrating with the players who were joining in. No trouble in those scenes with opposition support or players. Can’t we celebrate without snowflake brigade crying about running onto some grass!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

Reight funny if all them players that got mobbed had to miss the next 2 games for coming into contact with folks wi Covid... 

I’m sure we’ll survive. It’s not like we’ve gone a six hour operation to remove a tumour or decided not to wear a mask in Meadowhall ffs. Get a f.ucking grip. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

I’m sure we’ll survive. It’s not like we’ve gone a six hour operation to remove a tumour or decided not to wear a mask in Meadowhall ffs. Get a f.ucking grip. 

Eh? I said it would be funny if the players had to miss a games coz they'd come I to contact...

Didn't say owt about folks on an operating table wi a rumour.

Get a grip?

Try reading me post properly.

Bleedin hell.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

17 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

Eh? I said it would be funny if the players had to miss a games coz they'd come I to contact...

Didn't say owt about folks on an operating table wi a rumour.

Get a grip?

Try reading me post properly.

Bleedin hell.

That’s oreyt then lad!!

4 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

It takes just one moron to go one step further and think (or is it fink) "I'll smack an opposition player"....a man who is just going out to work, supporting his family like everyone else does, just in a very emotive industry.

We've all seen these morons. They are at every club. This is why fans should not go on the pitch. Footballers are just doing a job, and most of them for a different company to the one we like. Fortunately that didn't happen today - and may never have happened. 

But it just takes one moron. Which club will make their mark first?

Stay off the pitch and it will never happen. 

Don't allow away fans at all, don't allow fans at all, don't allow football at all, lets wrap everyone up in cotton wool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What a day. Wednesday away is a way of life. 

Was in home end today with a few old mates. 

Away support was a pleasure to watch and hear. 

Fans on pitch celebrating is passion and just that release of pure joy. 

I remember Ipswich away 91 . We were on pitch before kick off cos that many owls at the game. 

Be it man utd Barcelona or Crewe. An away win is priceless .

Jingle bells jingle bells...

• Like 6

7 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

It takes just one moron to go one step further and think (or is it fink) "I'll smack an opposition player"....a man who is just going out to work, supporting his family like everyone else does, just in a very emotive industry.

We've all seen these morons. They are at every club. This is why fans should not go on the pitch. Footballers are just doing a job, and most of them for a different company to the one we like. Fortunately that didn't happen today - and may never have happened. 

But it just takes one moron. Which club will make their mark first?

Stay off the pitch and it will never happen. 

And I've walked down aisles of supermarkets and staff have been stacking shelves,.

There's segregation in football because it's 2021 and people, authorities and the police think the average fan is just one step away from becoming a violent criminal.  It's why the police may not attend your house if you get burgled, but why dozens may stand outside an away pub to watch people drink a regulated, taxed, legal substance.

Your post, well meaning I'm sure, is in the line of thinking that a football fan is basically a coiled spring ready to kick off in to violence at any moment.  What if?  What if?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WendyOK said:

The state of this thread. You can really tell who doesn’t attend any away games🤣 Who cares if people go on the pitch 🤣

I attend a lot of away games. Didn’t go yesterday as I was on a course. 

if yesterdays antics result in a reduced allocation for future matches then I’ll be seriously piśšed off. 

Guest mrbluesky

Tbh, the celebrating on the pitch pales into insignificance for me, we had a corner, lots of shirt pulling, ref has a word, then from the crowd someone chucked a full cup of (hot brew) at the lino, hitting him from the face down, he said something on his comms about it, I'm no snowflake, but this was a really sh1tty thing to do.