Our fans on the pitch

not an excuse but we have played at similar grounds this season scored and nobody on the pitch , was a little incident at cheltenham in corner not seen owt else. compare that to other clubs this season which have been far far worse , even ipswich supporters fighting with there own players at charlton on tues .  what happened yesterday and at a lot of grounds is built up frustration of all these lockdown crap it didnt happen anywhere near as much pre 2020 , there has been full scale fighting at loads of grounds this season inc lots of premier league grounds .  what happened yesterday is 200 14-17 kids were giving it large when they got a pen , they missed our lot took the mick out of them ,they tried to come over barriers towards us(which was proper funny as they were kids) cops were jumping on them it was something out of a comedy scene . then we told them they have school in the morning . at other end of pitch when we got 2nd a few were on pitch celebrating (which i dont agree with) your are on that side incredibly close to players probably unlike nearly every other ground.  but lets not make our some riot happened as it didnt . if we get comebacks for this then i expect 50% of grounds will be played behind closed doors . 

Edited by morganowl
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, morganowl said:

not an excuse but we have played at similar grounds this season scored and nobody on the pitch , was a little incident at cheltenham in corner not seen owt else. compare that to other clubs this season which have been far far worse , even ipswich supporters fighting with there own players at charlton on tues .  what happened yesterday and at a lot of grounds is built up frustration of all these lockdown crap it didnt happen anywhere near as much pre 2020 , there has been full scale fighting at loads of grounds this season inc lots of premier league grounds .  what happened yesterday is 200 14-17 kids were giving it large when they got a pen , they missed our lot took the mick out of them ,they tried to come over barriers towards us(which was proper funny as they were kids) cops were jumping on them it was something out of a comedy scene . then we told them they have school in the morning . at other end of pitch when we got 2nd a few were on pitch celebrating (which i dont agree with) your are on that side incredibly close to players probably unlike nearly every other ground.  but lets not make our some riot happened as it didnt . if we get comebacks for this then i expect 50% of grounds will be played behind closed doors . 

Trust you to make a dig at lockdown.

Obsessed🤣🤣🤣

11 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

That looks like a grown man on the right right of the photo.  Now, that is an embarrassment. 

It's football. The entire thing is childish if you're going to go all high brow on us.

Bloody embarrassing a grown man running onto the pitch. He should have stayed in the stands to chant 'who are ya' at the home end like a respectable person. That's the adult way to celebrate someone kicking a ball between some posts.

Like others have said. If the photo was from three decades ago everyone would be fawning over the 'good ol days', 'memories' and how 'football was so much better back then'.

So miserable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Later on the same day, there was a photo doing the rounds of loads of Norwich fans with their camera phones out, taking snaps of Ronaldo - a bloke who’d just scored the winner against them as they’re on their way to relegation.

I know whose fans I’d rather be with.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Later on the same day, there was a photo doing the rounds of loads of Norwich fans with their camera phones out, taking snaps of Ronaldo - a bloke who’d just scored the winner against them as they’re on their way to relegation.

Here's an idea

Let everyone and anyone just do what they want to do that makes em happy

If Norwich fans wanna take photos of Ronaldo let em 

There's a photo of Pele at Hillsborough that always does the rounds for example

If people wanna celebrate a goal let em

There's too much of 'everyone's gotta be exactly like ME' in this life - let people be their own self is my opinion

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

My.big fear is what happens when the opposition fans run on as well then we have major problems

As we saw yesterday in the bottom corner after the penalty save

Some proper coked up pi ssed up aggressive t ossers at the game yesterday who can't seem to enjoy a Wednesday win without baiting home supporters. Saddest thing to see is that it's either under 20s or over 40s at it the most

9 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

True but Norwich fans getting pictures with Ronaldo. Proper tinpot. 

Live and let live

They now have a photo with the greatest footballer on the planet to keep for the rest of their lives

If Pele and Maradona played on the SWFC pitch I'd not NOT take a photo of them just so I could claim to be cool amongst the cool kids

I'd want a photo of Pele and Maradona and I'd get one 

Then - in years to come - I'd post a photo of Pele and Maradona at Hillsborough and even the cool kids would be like 'yeah that's cool'

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Live and let live

They now have a photo with the greatest footballer on the planet to keep for the rest of their lives

If Pele and Maradona played on the SWFC pitch I'd not NOT take a photo of them just so I could claim to be cool amongst the cool kids

I'd want a photo of Pele and Maradona and I'd get one 

Then - in years to come - I'd post a photo of Pele and Maradona at Hillsborough and even the cool kids would be like 'yeah that's cool'

Oh yeah, I'd be doing it no doubt. Its still tinpot. 

17 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

We have some proper wet flannels in our fanbase. Bet some wear a seatbelt in the stadium. 

No.  But those buttheads who invaded the pitch should have. Maybe the lack of Pitchside stewards, who block reasonavle people's view could have prevented it.

FFS anyone would think that we'd never scored for weeks.

Round them up. Identify them and bAN them.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mate it's nearly 2022 and you're still using 'tinpot'?

lol

Come on now

You'll be posting 'cringeworthy' next 🤣

Point taken lol

Unlike the French language Guardia I prefer to allow language to evolve rather than banning it. How else would words like wazzock still exist. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

No.  But those buttheads who invaded the pitch should have. Maybe the lack of Pitchside stewards, who block reasonavle people's view could have prevented it.

FFS anyone would think that we'd never scored for weeks.

Round them up. Identify them and bAN them.

Your reaction is completely over the top. In fact, again, it's embarrasing. 

• Like 1

I was there (not on the pitch!) and it was a bit cringey tbh. It does seem to have been blown out of all proportion though. A couple of dozen blokes who ought to be old enough to know better, it was hardly Millwall at Luton.

I do think the invasion for the second goal was exacerbated by Bannan getting a yellow for celebrating the first goal though for "leaving the pitch", which was ridiculous, there was a lengthy delay to the restart with all the players having words with the ref about it. The reaction to the second goal seemed to have an air of "we'll come onto the pitch then, try booking him for that" 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Off you pop :duntmatter: