Our fans on the pitch

It’s not acceptable behaviour in my book. Love away day atmospheres normally but there is no need to shout abuse at kids, throw stuff onto the pitch at officials and opposition players or run onto the pitch etc

Theres a good chance it could potentially have an impact on future away allocations which would then rile fans even more.

Comes across to me as an attitude of look at us we are massive you are tin pot we'll do what we want type of behaviour…classless and not very funny, embarrassing to the wider fan base.

• Like 6

I can see why it happened, release of tension, excitement and all that. I wish it hadn't cos it could have repercussions for the club in the form of fines. It could have repercussions for the fans in terms of reduced away allocations. Plus it looks a bit 'tinpot' as they say, which annoys some people. Personally I try not to care what other fans think of us, live and let live and all that. This thread is weird though, both sides calling each other snowflakes cos they don't agree. 

• Like 2

I'm firmly in the "look at those nóbheads" camp.

I get that it's a nice feeling when we score and people might get a bit excited but to either a) lose all control of your body and involuntarily end up on the pitch or b) think that your heightened level of excitement somehow negates 'the rules' is poor form either way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Didn't know we had so many idiots supporting our club. 

yep, some proper idiots who spend thousands of pounds and hours following the club. Im not saying it gives them the right to be thugs / vandalise things and in this occasion nobody has.

Stop with the self righteous bullsh*t. What are you actually upset about?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"It’s no longer appropriate to say so publicly but, done right, a good pitch invasion can be brilliant: a thrilling and liminal act of collective transgression. And whether it’s Manchester United fans at Old Trafford, the rainbow-clad protester at Germany v Hungary or drunk Birmingham students, it’s possible to see in the modern pitch invasion something else entirely: a reclamation, an act of peaceful resistance, a reimagining of the sporting arena as a people’s space in the face of a culture that demands it be fenced off at all costs"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2021/jun/29/sports-abhorrence-of-pitch-invaders-is-about-fan-control-not-player-safety

• Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Make sure you reserve its use only for really really REALLY sad cuntts though mate

You know the type 

The ones who use words like ‘woke’

Not forgetting, Gammons, Gimmers etc...lol

Chuffing Nora! Some proper Mr Sensibles on here. Let your hair down, it’s almost Christmas. 

We’ve all been to those away games where you’ve thought “lots going up if we score here”. This was one of those moments. 

People slating the dad with the kid. So what! Ring Childline and see if they care! That little lad will have loved it. 

A few fans ran of the grass. Big deal. Personally I’m happy that we’ve got something to get excited about after the last 3 years at club. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

It’s not acceptable behaviour in my book. Love away day atmospheres normally but there is no need to shout abuse at kids, throw stuff onto the pitch at officials and opposition players or run onto the pitch etc

Theres a good chance it could potentially have an impact on future away allocations which would then rile fans even more.

Comes across to me as an attitude of look at us we are massive you are tin pot we'll do what we want type of behaviour…classless and not very funny, embarrassing to the wider fan base.

They

Wouldnt do it at elland rd

• Haha 1

It’s great to see the passion of fans and celebrate with the players but as others have said they’re working tirelessly to try and prevent a covid outbreak at the club and then get hugged by random fans. 

Yesterdays mini pitch invasion went incident free but this would’ve been a different story if the fans who went on the pitch yesterday celebrated by doing the same at somewhere like The Lane or at Millwall

1 hour ago, Binky Griptite said:

I'm firmly in the "look at those nóbheads" camp.

I get that it's a nice feeling when we score and people might get a bit excited but to either a) lose all control of your body and involuntarily end up on the pitch or b) think that your heightened level of excitement somehow negates 'the rules' is poor form either way.

Nothing to do with the thread like but love the name Binky Griptite! Sounds like a Victorian muck star. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jim Wonk said:

Nothing to do with the thread like but love the name Binky Griptite! Sounds like a Victorian muck star. 

Just now, Jim Wonk said:

MUCK STAR!! I WROTE P O R N STAR!! For gods sake

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, S63 Owl said:

It’s great to see the passion of fans and celebrate with the players but as others have said they’re working tirelessly to try and prevent a covid outbreak at the club and then get hugged by random fans. 

Yesterdays mini pitch invasion went incident free but this would’ve been a different story if the fans who went on the pitch yesterday celebrated by doing the same at somewhere like The Lane or at Millwall

They wouldn't be able at the Lane or The Den, because both of those grounds have steward's who actually know how to handle decent away support.

This is just another sympton of just how poo L1 is, grounds can't hold bigger teams and stewarding is ineffective.

15 minutes ago, S63 Owl said:

Why turn it into a different story?  It wasn't BL or Millwall.   

• Like 2