Our fans on the pitch

17 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Don't allow away fans at all, don't allow fans at all, don't allow football at all, lets wrap everyone up in cotton wool.

That's hardly what I was saying, was it?

Are you saying it is acceptable to run on to the pitch?

14 hours ago, Manwë said:

And I've walked down aisles of supermarkets and staff have been stacking shelves,.

There's segregation in football because it's 2021 and people, authorities and the police think the average fan is just one step away from becoming a violent criminal.  It's why the police may not attend your house if you get burgled, but why dozens may stand outside an away pub to watch people drink a regulated, taxed, legal substance.

Your post, well meaning I'm sure, is in the line of thinking that a football fan is basically a coiled spring ready to kick off in to violence at any moment.  What if?  What if?

No, not at all. In fact the opposite. 99.99% of fans are decent and well behaved. They may like a bit of banter - I certainly do - but even with a few pints of stupid juice inside won't over step the mark. I'm not, and wasn't, suggesting any of our fans who went on the pitch would strike a player. My point was that if you don't go on the pitch in the first place, it won't happen at all. 

Look at that moron from L**ds who ran on at Hillsborough and smacked Kirkland. A Birmingham fan did the same to Enckelman and Grealish got a clout too. I just don't condone running on to the pitch during a game, that's all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

That's hardly what I was saying, was it?

Are you saying it is acceptable to run on to the pitch?

Where did I come even close to saying that?  I have stated at least twice that fans should not go on the pitch.

For me it's a question of degree if its passive then let it go, if its violent then throw the book at them.  But my overriding advice for what it's worth is to keep off the pitch.

Would you have approved of all the fans who went on against Wycombe to banned?

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Why the over celebration when we could just celebrate in the stands 

why was everyone overexcited for Crewe? 

Maybe we all realised the second goal sealed the deal..hence why no pitch invasion for the first goal...im really struggling why anybody got upset about this none incident

• Like 1

Just now, The coach said:

Maybe we all realised the second goal sealed the deal..hence why no pitch invasion for the first goal...im really struggling why anybody got upset about this none incident

Ain’t upset, just tryna make sense of it lol 

37 goals scored so far, but it’s the one at Crewe which sent the crowd into raptures lol 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Where did I come even close to saying that?  I have stated at least twice that fans should not go on the pitch.

For me it's a question of degree if its passive then let it go, if its violent then throw the book at them.  But my overriding advice for what it's worth is to keep off the pitch.

Would you have approved of all the fans who went on against Wycombe to banned?

I didn't say you had said, or were saying, it's okay. I was just asking the question to which you have clarified your position. To be fair to you, it's what I thought you would say. I've never suggested anyone gets banned though either. That's a line that is coming from the club - in a round about way. 

It's against the law to go on to the pitch, and whilst none of our fans did anything wrong, the fact they were there is technically illegal. Would I ban them? No, but I think the club have to make the statement they have. Would I have banned the fans who went on the pitch against Wycombe? See my last comment. 

Like you, my overriding advice is to stay off the pitch. My comments yesterday were based on an absolute extreme that has, in the past, happened at football grounds including our own. It's not what I would want any of our fans to be involved in. Yesterdays pitch invasion was well mannered but nonetheless, a stupid thing to do. It could incite trouble with the opposite supporters and lead to either fines and/or reduced allocation. 

That was the gist of what I was saying. 

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

I didn't say you had said, or were saying, it's okay. I was just asking the question to which you have clarified your position. To be fair to you, it's what I thought you would say. I've never suggested anyone gets banned though either. That's a line that is coming from the club - in a round about way. 

It's against the law to go on to the pitch, and whilst none of our fans did anything wrong, the fact they were there is technically illegal. Would I ban them? No, but I think the club have to make the statement they have. Would I have banned the fans who went on the pitch against Wycombe? See my last comment. 

Like you, my overriding advice is to stay off the pitch. My comments yesterday were based on an absolute extreme that has, in the past, happened at football grounds including our own. It's not what I would want any of our fans to be involved in. Yesterdays pitch invasion was well mannered but nonetheless, a stupid thing to do. It could incite trouble with the opposite supporters and lead to either fines and/or reduced allocation. 

That was the gist of what I was saying. 

Fair enough, we seem to be on the same or near enough on the same page.  Thank you for answering my question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Fair enough, we seem to be on the same or near enough on the same page.  Thank you for answering my question.

I'd say so, and you're welcome. It's maybe just the way I put it across yesterday that was confusing.