Football fans blast stadium food served at matches

Just now, s73owl said:

There's a difference between the pictures oakwell put out and the ones the fans have posted on footy scran, still a Lebanese chicken flat bread and looks a damn sight better than anything dished up at our place 

FFx7JTaWUAgrNr7.jpeg

Could easily roll that up and make it look like the original photo too!

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, Daavies; said:

I think this is the way a lot of the world is going in relation to a lot of things. Another example of this is the price of a male hair cut. When I was growing up, used to be £4 at local barbers but it was always a simpler style. I'm 27 now and I go to a barbers near mine and the price is £17 per hair cut. Might seem crazy to alot of people but this place is rammed 7 days a week and you have to book 2/3 weeks in advance. their quality is fantastic though and you get served a beer while you wait.

I just think people are more than happy to pay a premium if the thing you are paying for is top quality. People are not accepting ******** poor quality anymore.

Haircut at S36 OWL towers 

FREE 

Get the clippers out and do it thi'sen. 

I would happy by food in the ground if there was anything even remotely edible for an even half sensible price!

I have a pint of The Wednesday in the north before every game because it’s a decent pint and £4 is an ok price for it and I would have a second if I could take it to my seat. 

Food wise it’s beres every time unless the queue risks missing kick off and then it’s a stop at a burger van on Herries Road. 

Food offers in the North stand are a million miles off at the moment. A packet of chocolate buttons on the north is almost the same price as a Beres! 

12 hours ago, musingowl said:

I had some BBQ hot dog thing there for the NFL a few years back. 

Genuinely worh the entrance fee alone.

10 hours ago, Daavies; said:

impossible to compare Tottenham's ground to ours but I've been there a couple of times for NFL and their food choices defies belief. One time I had loaded Nachos which cost about £7.50 but was restaurant standard and the 2nd time, I had a BBQ loaded Hotdog for similar price which was also fantastic. I always had a Chicken Balti pie when I was younger at Hillsborough so I've become a big nostalgic towards them. I had one against MK dons and it was absolutely dreadful. Wont be having one any time soon again.

Few spurs mates. All used to go drinking and eating outside of the stadium before their move. Now they say it's unbelievable there and they'll often arrive early / stay after the match for beer and food. Beavertown even have their own in stadium micro brewery there.

• Like 3

On 05/12/2021 at 18:09, morganowl said:

since they banned cash thats me done , dont like the idea of handing my card to some kid and it scans twice or even paying for someone elses order . i use my card only at sites i know or shops i trust . and it was only to buy a bovril or a hot pie to warm my hands. still might at an away ground but there mostly cashless too . i go to local businesses before the game they get my money. 

I can’t remember the last time I used cash for anything and I’ve never known that happen to anyone? 

12 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m always amazed at how backwards we are at stuff like this. It’s 2021 FFS. You can make loads of money on food if you do it right (or even just not badly wrong!). I can’t believe we don’t do virtual queueing and ordering on app where you just buy your stuff on the way or before half time and just collect it by showing the receipt. Just that would increase our sales capacity and get sales from all those people who are put off by queues. Pies/ pasties and chips are harder to get wrong that right. You cook them from frozen for the allotted time and then stick keep them in a warmer. If I could order a half time pie and bovril for collection I would. If people could pre-order and pay for pints and know they were waiting for them at half time I’d be amazed if sales didn’t increase. 

Part of me wants this. 

But part of me wants to continue to be overcharged for poo food so I can moan about it. Then get blown away by the rare pure joy of buying a Hendersons steak pie and it literally being the most amazing pie ever. 

I would never buy a burger in a ground. It's guaranteed to be rubbish. But pies are different. It's like a lottery, and when you win, you win. Admittedly you usually lose. 

It's really confusing. 

https://www.mlb.com/padres/ballpark/food

UK Football fans are generally ripped off. In addition to this smorgasbord of eating choices there are also 11 local craft breweries that have concessions.

https://www.petcoparkinsider.com/petco-park-concessions

Edited by Señor Sam

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

23 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Remember Harry Gration on look l**ds when Sheffield was flooded..he was in a small boat down Brightside.

He was talking to two girls stuck in an office...one shouted to him 'it's been 2hrs now with nothing to eat' 🤣

On swfc food...don't know why they don't just franchise it out. Lose a bit. But a lot easier, no hassle..and if shyte they would lose the franchise.

Let him have a crack at it, that big mouthy swearing fooooker.

We did franchise it out a few years ago, (under MM?).

The moaning about quality, choice, service was on a different level to what it currently is. I think the contract terms weren’t too good so we had to see it out before bringing catering back in house.