Football fans blast stadium food served at matches

Just now, 2soon said:

You can't be seriously suggesting that corporate meals aren't as good as pub food

Whilst not the best food ever of all time, the corporates I've experienced have all been better than pub food. Every time.

Besides this is stadium/concourse we're discussing - not the corporate stuff - that's for prawnsandwichbridgetalk.co.uk

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can't be seriously suggesting that corporate meals aren't as good as pub food

Whilst not the best food ever of all time, the corporates I've experienced have all been better than pub food. Every time.

Besides this is stadium/concourse we're discussing - not the corporate stuff - that's for prawnsandwichbridgetalk.co.uk

lol

maybe pick your pub better?

the grounds I've been to are in the top tier of hospitality and the food generally sucks. 

im sure this has a cross over.

going back can you provide examples?

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Just can't understand why the club can't work with Beres to have an outlet in every stand, it would be a reyt money spinner. 

No No no. That wouldn’t do
Everything else would be ignored and the queues for Beres would stretch back to the turnstiles forcing SAG to issue a closure notice on the grounds of crowd safety.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

No No no. That wouldn’t do
Everything else would be ignored and the queues for Beres would stretch back to the turnstiles forcing SAG to issue a closure notice on the grounds of crowd safety.

I had one delivered yesterday using the CityGrab app

Was alright

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

All in All a 2hr 15min time slot to get some nosh. Why not do a cafe or restaurant before or after ! 

Ssh thats what I do. Get parked up Parkside Road about 12ish tram into town stroll round ands find a nice place for a pre match meal. Ive found some really cracking out of the way places that do some great nosh. Back to Hillsborough on tram then generally have a pleasant day out ruined by watching the dross that they now con us into believing is football. Cant have everything tho eh !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I had one delivered yesterday using the CityGrab app

Was alright

Hot Pork with everything in. Been my choice of pre match fodder for many a year.

Always find it amusing that people queue round the block on Middlewood shops without a murmur of complaint. Then moan like hell if there’s a dozen people in a queue inside Hillsborough. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, morganowl said:

since they banned cash thats me done , dont like the idea of handing my card to some kid and it scans twice or even paying for someone elses order . i use my card only at sites i know or shops i trust . and it was only to buy a bovril or a hot pie to warm my hands. still might at an away ground but there mostly cashless too . i go to local businesses before the game they get my money. 

Wow, you need to get with times mate 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rodger Wylde said:

@FootyScran (Twitter)

A very interesting account. Even I looked at it!

The Lebanese chicken flatbread at Barnsley (yes, Barnsley!) looks outstanding.

Lebanese.jpg

The double cheeseburger at Hartley Wintney FC also looks splendid.

FFYei-TPXs-AUDgz-A.jpg

That looks great!

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Rodger Wylde said:

@FootyScran (Twitter)

A very interesting account. Even I looked at it!

The Lebanese chicken flatbread at Barnsley (yes, Barnsley!) looks outstanding.

Lebanese.jpg

FFYei-TPXs-AUDgz-A.jpg

I need this burger in my life. In fact I need 2 of them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

There are some clubs who do catering really well and get praise for it

Surely if you're a football club you'd nip along there, sort a contract with their suppliers and do the same as that club does with the same offerings / food etc as a starting point?

Pretty simple stuff find which of your peers does the job well and copy what they do

It's all down to a vicious cycle of grabbing as much profit as you can. 

So the staff are paid peanuts and treated like crap... They don't care because the bosses don't. 

. Treat your workers right, give them proper equipment to work a large crowd in a short space of time and they'll come up with the goods. 

• Like 5

Eating at Hillsborough is one in the arm against your health.

It's not just poor food, its a genuine health bummer.

It needs looking at. As it is, its not even a consideration when we go to games. 

I was partial to a chicken balti in my younger days, though.

I'd love to eat at the ground. That's the kicker. 

The whole swfc bar needs raising and bringing into alignment with modern trends.

We're naff in most areas.

• Like 2

Rarely buy owt at the ground.

Queued up all half time for a hot chocolate for the little un at the Wycombe match.

The hot water machines they used stopped working. 

Got served my hot chocolate just in time to miss our second goal.

Never again!

It is infuriating watching it, anyone who's run a service point and has an ounce of common sence,  could observe 1 half time and come up with 99 ways to improve.

If you're gonna charge the earth, at least have decent food on, if the food is decent (might be for all I know) do something radical like put up some electric pricing screens with pictures, few tweets on social media ect. (Half of the kiosks on South stand don't have a price list, you just get to the front and ask the staff who in turn guess).

• Like 1