Football fans blast stadium food served at matches

Y’know what would be cheap and easy is massive tureens of proper stew and dumplings or Yorkshires, dead easy to make in advance and keep warm, cheap and hearty to serve in solid portions and shovel down on a cold afternoon. Be cracking. Part of the problem is everyone thinks they’ve got to do all kinds of fried American-style finger foods now, which are a PITA to do fresh and at scale unless you’re set up specifically for the purpose, you need a whole production line.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

it’s absolutely to do with numbers, but maybe not in the most obvious sense - if you’re only getting a couple of thousand through the gates, there’s little incentive to provide in-house catering for (typically a small minority of) that number once you factor the buy-in, supplier and staffing costs you’d incur getting it properly set up.

Not my experience, nor others in this thread.

Best food experiences have been in non-league, rarely in crowds of over a thousand.

Regarding the 'incentive' - kids ability to attempt to eat their own body weight in cheesy chips in 2 hrs on a Saturday afternoon never ceases to amaze me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Not my experience, nor others in this thread.

Best food experiences have been in non-league, rarely in crowds of over a thousand.

Regarding the 'incentive' - kids ability to attempt to eat their own body weight in cheesy chips in 2 hrs on a Saturday afternoon never ceases to amaze me.

that was exactly my point - read the rest, I’m saying lower crowds = better food because of reasons

Edited by Mr. Tom

17 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Y’know what would be cheap and easy is massive tureens of proper stew and dumplings or Yorkshires, dead easy to make in advance and keep warm, cheap and hearty to serve in solid portions and shovel down on a cold afternoon. Be cracking. Part of the problem is everyone thinks they’ve got to do all kinds of fried American-style finger foods now, which are a PITA to do fresh and at scale unless you’re set up specifically for the purpose, you need a whole production line.

Add curry and chilli served with naan bread to that list, peice of píss to do for the masses 

• Like 1