Football fans blast stadium food served at matches

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Or people who want to eat something and are hungry

And there are plenty of better options, with better grub at better prices outside the ground. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

But they're hungry and want to eat something so have to get what's on offer as there's nothing else to get

Nothing else on offer.? There are plenty of choices on the walk to the stadium. 

• Like 3

People need to realise if they order food and its not up to standard they can refuse to take it.

Stadium food outside of a few places it bobbar.  Although, tbh Wembley wasnt bad, neither is the spuds stadium!.

Wigan used to be pretty decent too as I recall, and FGR have some nice stuff (Though I rarely find vegan foods that filling)

Since I moved to Ireland I have been to the local Rugy ground a few times (Connacht for those curious) and the food there is actually really nice, theres a food truck outside run by a woman who used to work in the canteen at a place I worked and she makes some awesome stuff, but if you think Stadium food and booze is expensive in England, you aint seen nothing till you see prices here.  I went to Croke Park last year after the Wembley trip and was paying 9 Euro for a pint inside there....

Made the 4 pints for 22 quid at Wembley feel like a steal!

9 minutes ago, leftpeg said:

People need to realise if they order food and its not up to standard they can refuse to take it.

Stadium food outside of a few places it bobbar.  Although, tbh Wembley wasnt bad, neither is the spuds stadium!.

Wigan used to be pretty decent too as I recall, and FGR have some nice stuff (Though I rarely find vegan foods that filling)

Since I moved to Ireland I have been to the local Rugy ground a few times (Connacht for those curious) and the food there is actually really nice, theres a food truck outside run by a woman who used to work in the canteen at a place I worked and she makes some awesome stuff, but if you think Stadium food and booze is expensive in England, you aint seen nothing till you see prices here.  I went to Croke Park last year after the Wembley trip and was paying 9 Euro for a pint inside there....

Or go the one of the big arenas for a gig. Really pull your pants down. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Or go the one of the big arenas for a gig. Really pull your pants down. 

Yes but at least a stadium gig is something you do as an infrequent treat. Unlike 23 home games a year.

the solution to all this is simple the prices will fall if people stop buying.

Just buy your food and drink away from the stadium. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, londonowl said:

Cash the most expensive form of payment for businesses to handle. Cost of time, security and banking fees for it far outweigh that of card payments. Businesses want cash because they don't want to pay tax, not to save on card fees.

Absolutely, barclays used to charge to deposit cash in business accounts 

It’s woeful at professional clubs.

Beres is my go to before matches, woeful in the ground. Same goes for drinks. Never ever buy owt when in

That said, local non league sides have much better offerings. That and their bars are miles better and since most of them have standing stands you can watch the match with your pint…

• Like 4

Don't mind the pies at Hillsborough, if they have any left.

I usually get a fishcake butty on the way to the ground though, as not living in Sheffield I need my fishcake fix when I manage to get up for a game.

Went to Rhuthin v Cefn Druids the other year. Pint of Guinness for 3 quid, sat outside watching the football drinking a pint.  Quality.

Edited by BridportOwl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, leftpeg said:

I went to Croke Park last year after the Wembley trip and was paying 9 Euro for a pint inside there....

Good job you didn't go to Qatar then £22 a pint lol

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Still do, we pay 0.3% on debit card, 0.7% on credit card, 1.5% on cash deposits or withdrawals.

Wait so it's cheaper to take card than cash? (I already knew this)) but the tax dodgers tell us to pay cash to reduce costs for the small businesses. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 07/01/2024 at 13:40, Lime Tree Heros said:

I find footie food is better in non league, recent highlights include:

Hog Roast Brioche Bun at Burgess Hill Town

20230325_141648.thumb.jpg.0845a636b19df669db0a83043dbeadbc.jpg

And Curried Goat and Chips at Folkestone Invicta

20230815_193759.thumb.jpg.4c91576e4a88eaf77eda2c3b333c16ba.jpg

Bottom one would look better without the nettles growing through it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bakewell Owl said:

South stand grub is pretty decent and affordable. best i have had was an £8.00 hot dog at Reading, i don't normally eat hot dogs, but that one was epic

Bloody should be for £8

I don't know why anyone buys food inside grounds anymore. Bring food from home, or buy it on the way to the ground and bring in.

I haven't bought anything at any sports ground for years, including way overpriced drinks- just bring a hot drink in a flask. Especially at footy there is no need to buy anything, only at longer matches e.g cricket or NFL does it become a bit harder not to. But none of it is worth it, especially in todays crazily overpriced world, and most is of crap quality. 

Fans should boycott buying any food/drink at footy games across the country. It would cause a big shift in approach from clubs no doubt- currently they can all afford to get away with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1