Football fans blast stadium food served at matches

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or people who want to eat something and are hungry

First World country, people only think they’re hungry for a period of 2 hours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OzOwl said:

First World country, people only think they’re hungry for a period of 2 hours.

I eat fairly often at grounds.

Generally because I've either gone out the night before and I'm in a rush to meet up with mates before the game and the realisation that I've not had to eat. 

Or

It's an evening match and I'm rushing straight from work.

Or

It's an away game that due to time constraints /cost I'm driving. I tend to get to the ground as soon as possible which inevitably is near kick off time anyway but don't like to stop if I can help it. You're then left with burger vans around the ground or inside it.

I know the quality isn't going to be spectacular and the cost quite high. 

2 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

I eat fairly often at grounds.

Generally because I've either gone out the night before and I'm in a rush to meet up with mates before the game and the realisation that I've not had to eat. 

Or

It's an evening match and I'm rushing straight from work.

Or

It's an away game that due to time constraints /cost I'm driving. I tend to get to the ground as soon as possible which inevitably is near kick off time anyway but don't like to stop if I can help it. You're then left with burger vans around the ground or inside it.

I know the quality isn't going to be spectacular and the cost quite high. 

I refer to my original statement.

if you are prepared to eat the disgusting food that is served at most Football  grounds, fair do’s but the quality will never change while you support it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Eat before is the answer..

Yup, the answer is so obvious, it’s unbelievable.

I’ve had a hot drink before kick off at Hillsborough -  tea or coffee - on a cold day, but I swerve the food.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, s73owl said:

I try that with my youngest lad, he's not hungry till he gets in the ground

Here’s a tip from a Father and Grand Father, “Here’s you lunch/dinner/whatever,  Son/Daughter, if you don’t eat it now there will be no food until you get home” it really isn’t complicated. 😂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Yup, the answer is so obvious, it’s unbelievable.

I’ve had a hot drink before kick off at Hillsborough -  tea or coffee - on a cold day, but I swerve the food.

You avoid the food at Hillsborough, but by your own admission, you’ve only tried the tea and coffee.WTF!

5 hours ago, SHUowl said:

Our fan base (a small but vocal amount albeit) has a weird disposition to enjoying a football match. You're day out must include the following:

Lager

Lager

Lager

Lager

Lager

Lager

Lager

Argue 

Lager

Lager

Boo

Slag ref

Footballs dying comments

Lager

Lager

Fall out with the missus

Lager

Pass out

Works for me lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

See loads of people winghing about food at football grounds 

But still buy it 

Stupid people...

Personally wouldn't but it if it was poo. Food on south is very decent. 

5 hours ago, Miffed said:

There is clearly a market for it, I dont think its unreasonable for people to be asking for a better product.

There obviously is , but while mugs keep buying a poor product at double or treble its actual value why are they going to change ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

More like time to ban card transactions. Was talking to a landlady of a pub and her weekend card transactions bill was £380. 

I always try and pay with cash especially at small businesses and pubs.

Only one person making money out of card payments and that the fat cat banker's 

Cash the most expensive form of payment for businesses to handle. Cost of time, security and banking fees for it far outweigh that of card payments. Businesses want cash because they don't want to pay tax, not to save on card fees.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Or people who want to eat something and are hungry

If only these people could eat before or after , bet during the week they never eat between 3 and 4.00 

A different slant ,when we went to watch Bilbao v Real a good few years ago we was surprised by the lack of kiosks 

Half time arrives and all you could hear was the rustling of tin foil as everyone to a man opened there sandwiches 

41 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Cash the most expensive form of payment for businesses to handle. Cost of time, security and banking fees for it far outweigh that of card payments. Businesses want cash because they don't want to pay tax, not to save on card fees.

The landlady I was speaking to didn't think that. 

Only reason I would buy food at the ground is because I arrived too late to queue at Beres😂 and to be honest if that was the case then it would be chips and curry sauce from a burger over the road from Beres🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

I once bought chips outside the ground at Southend (at game as a neutral) and they wouldn’t let me in at the turnstile with chips on “health and safety grounds”🤷‍♂️ not sure if it was the potential slip hazard or risk of me stabbing someone with a soggy chip😝 I ended up missing the kick off as I was more interested in the chips than either of the teams playing😂😂😂

• Haha 2

We usually eat somewhere else before we enter the ground. However, occasionally we have been a little late for night matches and have ended up having to go straight to the ground. I've usually made do with a pie but my friend is vegetarian and although they have some veggie pies/pasties on the board, they never actually have them so he ends up with a bag of crisps. The choices really are bad. I don't mind paying a bit more if the quality and choice are there.