Football fans blast stadium food served at matches

59 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Snap at Tottenham’s ground was decent. 

Needed to remortgage the house to pay for it, but couldn’t fault the quality 

I had some BBQ hot dog thing there for the NFL a few years back. 

Genuinely worh the entrance fee alone.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rodger Wylde said:

@FootyScran (Twitter)

A very interesting account. Even I looked at it!

The Lebanese chicken flatbread at Barnsley (yes, Barnsley!) looks outstanding.

Lebanese.jpg

The double cheeseburger at Hartley Wintney FC also looks splendid.

FFYei-TPXs-AUDgz-A.jpg

When you can buy a Lebanese chicken flatbread at Oakwell, it means the stars are about to fall out of the sky and the apocalypse is nigh....

• Haha 6

I’m always amazed at how backwards we are at stuff like this. It’s 2021 FFS. You can make loads of money on food if you do it right (or even just not badly wrong!). I can’t believe we don’t do virtual queueing and ordering on app where you just buy your stuff on the way or before half time and just collect it by showing the receipt. Just that would increase our sales capacity and get sales from all those people who are put off by queues. Pies/ pasties and chips are harder to get wrong that right. You cook them from frozen for the allotted time and then stick keep them in a warmer. If I could order a half time pie and bovril for collection I would. If people could pre-order and pay for pints and know they were waiting for them at half time I’d be amazed if sales didn’t increase. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m always amazed at how backwards we are at stuff like this. It’s 2021 FFS. You can make loads of money on food if you do it right (or even just not badly wrong!). I can’t believe we don’t do virtual queueing and ordering on app where you just buy your stuff on the way or before half time and just collect it by showing the receipt. Just that would increase our sales capacity and get sales from all those people who are put off by queues. Pies/ pasties and chips are harder to get wrong that right. You cook them from frozen for the allotted time and then stick keep them in a warmer. If I could order a half time pie and bovril for collection I would. If people could pre-order and pay for pints and know they were waiting for them at half time I’d be amazed if sales didn’t increase. 

Totally agree with this and of course it would help.

The  problem I think is that english football culture just does not lend itself to catering. Very few people are in the ground with an 45 mins to go before kick off, only 15 mins for half time is just not enough time to eat or drink anything sensible. The place is empty 30 mins after full time.

How on earth do you staff catering outlets for that?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rodger Wylde said:

@FootyScran (Twitter)

A very interesting account. Even I looked at it!

The Lebanese chicken flatbread at Barnsley (yes, Barnsley!) looks outstanding.

Lebanese.jpg

The double cheeseburger at Hartley Wintney FC also looks splendid.

FFYei-TPXs-AUDgz-A.jpg

Hartley Wintney is near me 

I might have to take in a game 😂

4 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Totally agree with this and of course it would help.

The  problem I think is that english football culture just does not lend itself to catering. Very few people are in the ground with an 45 mins to go before kick off, only 15 mins for half time is just not enough time to eat or drink anything sensible. The place is empty 30 mins after full time.

How on earth do you staff catering outlets for that?

It’s all true and that’s why the better use of IT and Automation would help. If a big amount was pre ordered you’d minimise the numbers of people needed to cook and serve. The day would then be mainly preparation and you wouldn’t need army’s of order takers stood around doing very little for half the time. If you knew you needed 125 pints of lager, 35 pies and 26 Bovrils you’d just get it ready and people could get it necked or in the case of food take it to their seat. Theatre bars have done pre ordered interval drinks and ice creams for donkeys years because there isn’t any time to queue.  

• Like 2

impossible to compare Tottenham's ground to ours but I've been there a couple of times for NFL and their food choices defies belief. One time I had loaded Nachos which cost about £7.50 but was restaurant standard and the 2nd time, I had a BBQ loaded Hotdog for similar price which was also fantastic. I always had a Chicken Balti pie when I was younger at Hillsborough so I've become a big nostalgic towards them. I had one against MK dons and it was absolutely dreadful. Wont be having one any time soon again.

• Love 1

17 hours ago, morganowl said:

since they banned cash thats me done , dont like the idea of handing my card to some kid and it scans twice or even paying for someone elses order . i use my card only at sites i know or shops i trust . and it was only to buy a bovril or a hot pie to warm my hands. still might at an away ground but there mostly cashless too . i go to local businesses before the game they get my money. 

You don't give hand your card mate, you just tap the little contactless payment thing. 

• Like 1