Alex Hunt

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Probably another one - like Reach, Moses etc - who everyone says is guff and go on to get regular football in sides challenging for promotion to the Premier League.

Ironically the ones we get most upset about leaving - Shaw, Ozase, Hirst - do absolutely nothing.

Reach and Moses both subs and bit part players 

There's no way of spinning up Moses time here as anything but a car crash - he was dreadful for us 

Reach, will be a good player in a good team, but as EVERYBODY knew - was never up for a battle in a poo side. 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Nut said:

Gotta be agent talk. I don't believe there would be genuine interest at premier or championship level. 

Why? He's young, free, technically very gifted, and has now got senior minutes under his belt. Worth a punt for many teams.

• Haha 3

I don't buy it. 

He's a 21-year-old doing well for a team 4th in what used to be called the Conference. 

That's not to say there won't be clubs higher up interested, but teams in the Premier League? 

Really? 

Smacks of agent talk that. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Any youngish player that is available for free or next to nothing will be snapped up by a higher placed team than us because it is literally no risk to them if it doesn’t work out. Hence why Celtic took our two most promising youngsters. 

our contract management continues to be bonkers at all levels and is costing this club a small fortune

tbis is nothing new though. Remember the season we dropped out the prem and we had all those players on long contracts which plunged us into debt as we couldn’t shift them on.

it’s the Wednesday way!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

Why? He's young, free, technically very gifted, and has now got senior minutes under his belt. Worth a punt for many teams.

Yeah - just like Shaw, Hirst, Urhoghide, he’s a free agent and has some ability so it’s a no brainer low risk gamble for bigger clubs. If it doesn’t work out, really no harm done for them. Won’t cost them a fortune. But if it works out, it’s a very astute signing.

Not sure how the lad has done at Grimsby, but always quite liked the look of him. He can play a bit and has a good eye for a pass. With experience could become a very good player at this level or higher.

I hope we offer him and Brennan extensions. And I hope they both look at how Shaw and Urhoghide at Celtic and realise that, remarkably, the grass isn’t always greener. Unless you’re motivated by your bank balance that is! 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I don't buy it. 

He's a 21-year-old doing well for a team 4th in what used to be called the Conference. 

That's not to say there won't be clubs higher up interested, but teams in the Premier League? 

Really? 

Disagree. Low risk for big clubs. We saw exactly the same with Shaw, Urhoghide and Hirst. Doesn’t matter if they don’t make it, the big clubs don’t care. They can afford to take the gamble.

We still need to change our policy on this. Promising young players should be tied down to contracts for me to avoid losing them for nothing. Even if said players don’t go on to have glittering careers in the game. It’s just poor financial management and screams poorly run club. And one day might well absolutely bite you in the arse.

Brennan is the priority right now. He needs a contract sorting ASAP.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I don't buy it. 

Really? 

It's low risk. They could get him on board, bring him into the U23 setup and then see how he does. Wages will be nothing compared to other players, and they can just see how things pan out. Keeping an eye on him as a free agent isn't crazy.

PL clubs have players older than him in their U23s with less minutes part of a senior setup than he's got.

• Like 1

In posts I have wrote in the past I have always stated Hunt should never have been sent out on loan. 
You can agree or disagree but we should have him back asap and get rid of Wing, Byers, Brown and Berahino and have some faith in our youngsters (even though Hunt is no kid anymore), FFS keep him.

• Like 9