Alex Hunt

11 hours ago, Nut said:

You're confusing yourself. I said that because of his size he would need to be exceptional and I don't think he is. He's got some talent and I hope he makes it, but he's another player who has got better as a result of not being in the team. 

Indications are that he has got better with a bit of time and also as a result of regular first team football, albeit elsewhere. Not uncommon with younger players.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

That's fine, that's your choice.

But when I reported on all the incomings and outgoings before, that proved to be correct, that was all without a direct source as well. Same thing as when I reported on the potential walkout over unpaid wages.

Completely your decision whether to believe me or not.

I don't deny you have good sources or that you get some things right. I'm sure there are also times when a story doesn't pan out even though it was correct at the time you wrote it because a player or a club has changed their mind. I just think this story has been made up by someone close to the player to try and generate a new contract offer, or by someone at our own club so that the club looks good if we 'fight off attention from premier league clubs' and 'learn from our past mistakes'. I hope he does sign and he does well for us. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Ignore them pal you're doing a good job and I love reading your posts and pieces in the Star

Asking a journo to quote their source is like asking a chef for their recipes it isn't going to happen

If a chef cooks you a meal, you can see it and know it exists. If a journo writes a story and quotes 'as insider' or 'a source close to', you know it's made up and that if challenged, the journo will say he can't reveal his sources. Totally different. 

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He has to be exceptional to make it at Championship level? Despite having interest from Championship and Premier League clubs?!

You do realise that even if there really is interest, that doesn’t mean he's made it at that level don't you? 

I think he's the most naturally gifted youth player we've produced tin about 15 years and the fact that we haven't given him more game time will ultimately cost us. Admittedly there's not a lot of competition for that title but there you go

How we are once again 6 months from contract end for a promising young player is beyond me.

48 minutes ago, Nut said:

You do realise that even if there really is interest, that doesn’t mean he's made it at that level don't you? 

But he has to be exceptional? I don’t think he does. Plenty of crap players have made a name for themselves in the Championship without being anything but exceptional! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But he has to be exceptional? I don’t think he does. Plenty of crap players have made a name for themselves in the Championship without being anything but exceptional! 

🤦‍♂️ Is this like the Two Ronnies sketch where you answer the post before last but quote the most recent one? 

3 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

I think he's the most naturally gifted youth player we've produced tin about 15 years and the fact that we haven't given him more game time will ultimately cost us. Admittedly there's not a lot of competition for that title but there you go

How we are once again 6 months from contract end for a promising young player is beyond me.

I've never really seen him play but looking on the only Grimsby forum I could find he doesn't really get a mention. Couldn't find anything on Twitter either. 

21 hours ago, McRightSide said:

He can play in the Premier League with Matt Penney

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/penney-on-his-itfc-ambitions-8404090

Best not mention Ipswich fans think he’s awful and he’s been bombed out for an U23 rookie already

Said he was crap.

Has a bit of ability but he has no set position and is a lazy sod to boot.

Can`t comment on how he has been playing obviously , but I would have thought the whole point of this loan was to give him competitive football so he comes back in January "battle hardened" and at his best so we can judge if he is worth a place in the squad / new contract.

And as I have already said , if he can`t offer more than some of our current central midfielders then he isn`t worth a new contract.