Alex Hunt

2 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

Why? He's young, free, technically very gifted, and has now got senior minutes under his belt. Worth a punt for many teams.

I think for a player of his size to make it in the centre of midfield at that level you have to be exceptional and I don't think Alex Hunt is. Why do you understand championship and premier league teams are after him? What was your source? 

2 minutes ago, Nut said:

I think for a player of his size to make it in the centre of midfield at that level you have to be exceptional and I don't think Alex Hunt is. Why do you understand championship and premier league teams are after him? What was your source? 

Eh. There’s so many midfielders Hunt’s size who have had a decent career at Champ/Prem level. Still young and time for him to put some size on. 

2 hours ago, owlsruleok said:

In posts I have wrote in the past I have always stated Hunt should never have been sent out on loan. 
You can agree or disagree but we should have him back asap and get rid of Wing, Byers, Brown and Berahino and have some faith in our youngsters (even though Hunt is no kid anymore), FFS keep him.

Absolutely this.... 

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Probably another one - like Reach, Moses etc - who everyone says is guff and go on to get regular football in sides challenging for promotion to the Premier League.

Ironically the ones we get most upset about leaving - Shaw, Ozase, Hirst - do absolutely nothing.

that’s because Odubajo is ‘guff’.

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

that’s because Odubajo is ‘guff’.

He's playing pretty regularly for the team currently sat 3rd in the Championship and was a mainstay of the Hull side which beat us to promotion, too.

We may not have seen the best of him at Hillsborough, but there's no doubt he has it in him to be a very good player at Championship level.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

After last night it is pretty hard to believe that he can`t offer more than Byers, Wing and Dele-Bashiru

I offer more than the first two and I'm 35 years old and crap with a dodgy quad and biscuit ankle

wonder if he has the same agent as harris? heard all this garbage last summer , he was unemployed for 5-6 months and on trail at 2 clubs , ended up in ussr . alex hunt is not going to make it in the top 2 leagues he has found his level good luck to him though someone i know said he was getting dropped for last game replaces by giles bloody coke oh my

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Eh. There’s so many midfielders Hunt’s size who have had a decent career at Champ/Prem level. Still young and time for him to put some size on. 

Agreed. I'd be looking to offer him a new deal. Some players take longer to develop  physically.  The young bigger lads like Shaw often catch the eye more but don't necessarily progress as well. Many tales over the years of stars revealing their being released as kids as considered ' too small '.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Eh? I didn't say he wouldn't make it because of his size, I said for a player of his size to make it in the centre of midfield at that level you have to be exceptional and I don't think Alex Hunt is. The game nowadays is about pace, power and athleticism with the odd exception. Hunt's 21, do you think he will get taller? 

23 minutes ago, Nut said:

Eh? I didn't say he wouldn't make it because of his size, I said for a player of his size to make it in the centre of midfield at that level you have to be exceptional and I don't think Alex Hunt is. The game nowadays is about pace, power and athleticism with the odd exception. Hunt's 21, do you think he will get taller? 

What is he 5’7 or 5’8? 

Plenty of midfield players have made it at around that height including our best player and a certain Kieran Lee. Not saying he’s going to compete for Ballon D’Or but he’s got every chance of playing in the Championship consistently. And why not the Premier League - personally don’t see it but his build won’t be the reason why, it will be his ability. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What is he 5’7 or 5’8? 

Plenty of midfield players have made it at around that height including our best player and a certain Kieran Lee. Not saying he’s going to compete for Ballon D’Or but he’s got every chance of playing in the Championship consistently. And why not the Premier League - personally don’t see it but his build won’t be the reason why, it will be his ability. 

For me he spends to much time fighting for the ball due to his weight and size, in that time the opposition have had time reorganise.

Ability wise he's good, very good but unlike KL he doesn't have the power.

Would be surprised if he made a living in the Championship.

4 hours ago, Nut said:

I wouldn't be getting very far in this game if I went about revealing my sources in forums, mate 😅

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What is he 5’7 or 5’8? 

Bannan's exceptional and Keiran Lee is 6 foot tall 😄 apart from that you seem to be agreeing with me. Players with less ability than him who are big, strong and quick will go further.