Alex Hunt

Banna isn't quite as small as you think.

I mean he's small, but not hobbit size.

Spoke to him last season up at Goodwins (his mate was playing 5 aside or something).

Nice enough bloke, but I was somewhat disappointed that he was taller than I assumed.

28 minutes ago, Nut said:

Bannan's exceptional and Keiran Lee is 6 foot tall 😄 apart from that you seem to be agreeing with me. Players with less ability than him who are big, strong and quick will go further. 

Lee is never 6ft not having it. Huge myth. 

You were saying you don’t think he’d make it at a Championship or Premier League club because he doesn’t have the athleticism? I was arguing that many players his size do make it at Champ and Prem level. I don’t think he’ll be a Premier League player, but the lad is 21. If Prem and Champ clubs are sniffing around him they clearly think he’s got the potential to do it. 

28 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Spoke to him last season up at Goodwins (his mate was playing 5 aside or something).

Nice enough bloke, but I was somewhat disappointed that he was taller than I assumed.

This is relative.

Did his combover come up to your bellybutton or your nipples?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The coach said:

So premier and champ teams are supposed to be looking at a player deemed not good enough for a bang average 3rd division team...ok

Happened with Everton and Calvert-Lewin. He was hardly playing for the pigs when they bought him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YesWeCrann said:

I wouldn't be getting very far in this game if I went about revealing my sources in forums, mate 😅

I understand that mate but if a journo doesn't quote a direct source I never believe the story.  

34 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Lee is never 6ft not having it. Huge myth. 

You were saying you don’t think he’d make it at a Championship or Premier League club because he doesn’t have the athleticism? I was arguing that many players his size do make it at Champ and Prem level. I don’t think he’ll be a Premier League player, but the lad is 21. If Prem and Champ clubs are sniffing around him they clearly think he’s got the potential to do it. 

You're confusing yourself. I said that because of his size he would need to be exceptional and I don't think he is. He's got some talent and I hope he makes it, but he's another player who has got better as a result of not being in the team. 

10 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Hirst has got going now, scored his first league goal in English football last week after 51 games.

Who do Portsmouth play next? 🙄

So on that ratio after Saturday he will have 50 games before  his next goal😉

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

get him back, much better than Brown or Byers

9 hours ago, owlsruleok said:

In posts I have wrote in the past I have always stated Hunt should never have been sent out on loan. 
You can agree or disagree but we should have him back asap and get rid of Wing, Byers, Brown and Berahino and have some faith in our youngsters (even though Hunt is no kid anymore), FFS keep him.

Brown is a left back, not really a relevant comparison.

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah - just like Shaw, Hirst, Urhoghide, he’s a free agent and has some ability so it’s a no brainer low risk gamble for bigger clubs. If it doesn’t work out, really no harm done for them. Won’t cost them a fortune. But if it works out, it’s a very astute signing.

Not sure how the lad has done at Grimsby, but always quite liked the look of him. He can play a bit and has a good eye for a pass. With experience could become a very good player at this level or higher.

I hope we offer him and Brennan extensions. And I hope they both look at how Shaw and Urhoghide at Celtic and realise that, remarkably, the grass isn’t always greener. Unless you’re motivated by your bank balance that is! 

Spot on. I'd just add that after what we witnessed yesterday its difficult to imagine that he couldn't be doing a job for us.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Nut said:

Gotta be agent talk. I don't believe there would be genuine interest at premier or championship level. 

Clubs these days buy potential and Alex Hunt has massive potential it all depends on who and how he nurtured , upto now I’d put Hunt in front of Byers and Wing any day 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SiJ said:

Or are you shorter than you like to think?

19 hours ago, owlsruleok said:

In posts I have wrote in the past I have always stated Hunt should never have been sent out on loan. 
You can agree or disagree

I’ll disagree with that bit, nowt inherently wrong with loaning him at the time we did IMO considering his age, squad place and experience level.

But you *loan* a player to keep them and improve them, presumably with a view to retaining their services longer term or to making them a more saleable asset - either way, it’s an investment of sorts. We’re probably the only business in the world that routinely ‘invests’ quite heavily in assets it later ends up giving away for free. Bonkers.

Agree he’d probably be able to do a job in the current squad. Certainly rather have him on the bench than Wing, Byers etc.

11 hours ago, Nut said:

I understand that mate but if a journo doesn't quote a direct source I never believe the story.  

That's fine, that's your choice.

But when I reported on all the incomings and outgoings before, that proved to be correct, that was all without a direct source as well. Same thing as when I reported on the potential walkout over unpaid wages.

Completely your decision whether to believe me or not.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

That's fine, that's your choice.

But when I reported on all the incomings and outgoings before, that proved to be correct, that was all without a direct source as well. Same thing as when I reported on the potential walkout over unpaid wages.

Completely your decision whether to believe me or not.

Ignore them pal you're doing a good job and I love reading your posts and pieces in the Star

Asking a journo to quote their source is like asking a chef for their recipes it isn't going to happen

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nut said:

You're confusing yourself. I said that because of his size he would need to be exceptional and I don't think he is. He's got some talent and I hope he makes it, but he's another player who has got better as a result of not being in the team. 

He has to be exceptional to make it at Championship level? Despite having interest from Championship and Premier League clubs?!