Wages issue rearing it’s ugly head again

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I think the agenda that we’re a basket case behind the scenes and don’t pay players 

While that may have happened before, it seems since the summer that things have improved a little off the field, and the players have been paid on time 

Only time and facts will tell, I'm sure. Thanks for replying. All we know is that the club still owes fans money, that alone is a disgrace. 

• Like 3

Guest hirstysfags
1 hour ago, hirstysfags said:

There's an agenda about the identity of the club. Be careful what you wish for.

It was a catchphrase mickey take.

5 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Interesting though that people are hearing that Moore may be on borowed time.

Indeed.  And when you put that in the context that Moore is making more and more of a deal about the injuries at the moment (opening investigations etc), then is he laying the groundwork for his mitigating circumstances if he's sacked?

2 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

Indeed.  And when you put that in the context that Moore is making more and more of a deal about the injuries at the moment (opening investigations etc), then is he laying the groundwork for his mitigating circumstances if he's sacked?

For what though?
If he's sacked then saying there were loads of injuries changes nothing at all

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

For what though?
If he's sacked then saying there were loads of injuries changes nothing at all

Doesn't change a thing.  Football is largely self-preservation though, and if its enough for a prospective future chairman to think 'oh you had a bad hand dealt there' then it might get him a better job than he would have otherwise.

Although I suspect his largest mitigating factor will be the working environment here if recent history is anything to go by!

I'm being very much speculative too, but it does seem funny timing that they're really ramping up the injury chat at the moment as rumours are starting to come out that his position might be under threat.

35 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

Doesn't change a thing.  Football is largely self-preservation though, and if its enough for a prospective future chairman to think 'oh you had a bad hand dealt there' then it might get him a better job than he would have otherwise.

Although I suspect his largest mitigating factor will be the working environment here if recent history is anything to go by!

I'm being very much speculative too, but it does seem funny timing that they're really ramping up the injury chat at the moment as rumours are starting to come out that his position might be under threat.

Aren't they just 'ramping up the injury chat' at the moment because we've got loads of injuries at the moment?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Aren't they just 'ramping up the injury chat' at the moment because we've got loads of injuries at the moment?

Probably.  But all this talk in the media of 'launching investigations'... seems a bit OTT.  Sure our injuries are bad, but this isn't anything new, and in the context of other clubs... I don't know, are we that bad?  Surely the point of putting a squad together is to minimise impact of injuries?  Did we do that properly, in hindsight?  We didn't bother signing a proper left back, and went into the season with our centre backs containing someone just coming back from a serious injury, another a long history of injury issues, another having had a double leg break in the not too distant past , and another clearly signed injured as we didn't see him for months until he proceeded to get injured again.  Can you really protest about injuries when you go in with that sort of squad? 

Anyway I'm derailing the thread with injury talk and managerial speculation when its one about the wages.  2+2 together and probably getting 7.

3 hours ago, Simon1984 said:

Well DC is on his way……

64EBC435-A38A-405F-948E-2B2E255BC0BA.png

DC coming back to instigate some economy measures. Combining the jobs of DOF, COO, Chairman, Owner, Coach and Manager into one role. Wait for the post match excuse interview for DC to explain why he also played CF.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Triple O said:

DC coming back to instigate some economy measures. Combining the jobs of DOF, COO, Chairman, Owner, Coach and Manager into one role. Wait for the post match excuse interview for DC to explain why he also played CF.

At least he can pick the side from the comfort of Hillsborough, rather than email it Darren on a Friday.

😛

• Haha 1