Wages issue rearing it’s ugly head again

43 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm not sure we are much of a club these days.

We are an empty vessel. Most who go to Hillsborough these days do so out of habit, not because they enjoy it. The ground is largely lifeless. It's like the zombies in Dawn of the Dead going back to the shopping mall. 

my young un said to me 2 days ago dad is it normal i didnt get excited when we scored i said its funny that ive been same all season . there is no excitement no build up to a goal whats threatening . going to a game now home or away is about the banter ,meeting people you know , drinks ,travel ,food etc etc not football is now almost hardly anything to do with it . its a very sad state of affairs 

It's not out of the realms of possibilities put there.

If he's got the money it's a daft thing to do. Just another dummy chucking exercise. If he hasn't, then the end game starts band a stint in league 2 beckons.

I'll wait for confirmation first.

• Like 2

I cannot believe that can be right.

This season is very different to last season.  We have a much lower wage bill, and also have cash flow from fans being at matches.  As has been said we are on one strike and you are out

this season for late payments.  It would seem a hugely naive thing to do

I do recall Bannan tweeting that he had been on hold to the bank the other day though .

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

I cannot believe that can be right.

This season is very different to last season.  We have a much lower wage bill, and also have cash flow from fans being at matches.  As has been said we are on one strike and you are out

this season for late payments.  It would seem a hugely naive thing to do

I do recall Bannan tweeting that he had been on hold to the bank the other day though .

That Bannan tweet sounded very very strange at the time, almost a cryptic tweet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

name a club in this league apart from ipswich what has been able to fetch 15 players in with many from the championship . this isnt me sticking up for chansiri its stating a fact that darren moore has been well backed , and no club at this level is chucking cash about for transfer fees either . most of us thought half  the team this season would have been made up of our struggling u23 team . if chansiri ever leaves someone else will need a big cheque book and there aint too many around. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do doubt it. 

To be fair to the club, I know from friends and family that they are rattling through season ticket refunds. The megastore is very busy and matchday attendance has been between 20-24,000 this season.

With all these factors, I find it hard to believe we'd struggle to pay the wages.

Not impossible, just unlikely. Imo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tony Pulis said:

I do doubt it. 

To be fair to the club, I know from friends and family that they are rattling through season ticket refunds. The megastore is very busy and matchday attendance has been between 20-24,000 this season.

With all these factors, I find it hard to believe we'd struggle to pay the wages.

Not impossible, just unlikely. Imo

What if the season ticket money was spent before renewal?

That could mean virtually no Matchday income.

• Like 2