Fans have turned against Moore

We keep sacking managers and expect the new one to transform the team, despite the two absolutely glaring faults that all opposition managers know about remaining in the squad.

1.  We have bad goalkeepers

2.  We have no pace in our strike force.

every single game for 3 long years we have had the exact same issues, it ruins the rest of the team especially the second of those two.  Every opposition manager tells their teams to play in the exact same way against us and have done for 3 years because it usually works.  Every single manager we have had has in that period failed as they simply cannot overcome that deficiency.  We have tried long ball, playing from the back, 442, 352, strikers at left back, centre backs in midfield, wingers in defence and everything in between.  It is all because we get pushed up the park, sending Bannan backwards to find space, and that’s it. We fail to create chances.  Combined with nervy and poor goalies it’s a disaster.

By all means fire Moore but I guarantee whoever comes in next , without any pace up front and with bad goalies , will also fail like the many that have gone before them . 

• Like 2

this sums it up the entire cheltenham player budget is 1.75 million ours will be 8-10 times that at least . darren moore has been backed in the summer with 15 signings and to what we are led to believe he signed them all with david downes , can you imagine if he was left with 6 players plus our bottom of the table u23 set up where we would be? almost certainly at the foot of the table . time to go darren 

2 minutes ago, morganowl said:

this sums it up the entire cheltenham player budget is 1.75 million ours will be 8-10 times that at least . darren moore has been backed in the summer with 15 signings and to what we are led to believe he signed them all with david downes , can you imagine if he was left with 6 players plus our bottom of the table u23 set up where we would be? almost certainly at the foot of the table . time to go darren 

Ten times where did you get that from? That's 17 million really?  Gobsmacked, you've convinced me now...

Moore out!!!!! Cha cha cha

53 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

The entire change from 4231 to 352 was to give Gregory a strike partner as he couldn't play alone up front.

Then why not try 442? The defence wasn’t conceding? Admit systems need to change in games because op managers change things to make our life difficult? Gregory has lost his turn of pace but still scores and his overall link up game is ok? Moore trying to find his best system but he keeps trying this one over and over which isn’t working 

• Like 2

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Ten times where did you get that from? That's 17 million really?  Gobsmacked, you've convinced me now...

Moore out!!!!! Cha cha cha

our wage bill has certainly dropped massively but i doubt it be much under 17million thats 10x that of cheltenham . cheltenham will be proud of there hard working team we can say the total opposite 

Just now, Mick70 said:

Then why not try 442? The defence wasn’t conceding? Admit systems need to change in games because op managers change things to make our life difficult? Gregory has lost his turn of pace but still scores and his overall link up game is ok? Moore trying to find his best system but he keeps trying this one over and over which isn’t working 

Midfield 3.

Everything is based on 2 holding with 1 in front.

Same as England.

3 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

I guess we are at least in a stable position, just not setting the league on fire as we'd hoped.

Maybe we need a bit more patience in the hope that DM has a bit of an epiphany and starts doing the things we're all screaming for.

Things like playing players in positions they're comfortable in, keeping the bones of a settled team, stopping monkeying around at the back and playing with a bit more cut and thrust.

I honestly didn’t think we would smash this league. What gives us the right to think so? We got relegated because we’re not good enough for that league and this is now our standard. I hope DM learns quick because I genuinely like him. 

Guest Derby owl
4 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

The most frustrating thing is, it’s clear to see it’s the tactics, formations , line ups that aren’t working - not necessarily the players

they have no idea what there roles are 

you can’t even see patterns of play , where we’ve been working on things on the training ground 

it’s just awful awful football

Its almost  like the players our on the pitch and in the pre-kick off huddle there saying to eachother... ' where you playing today, oh i was there last week!

Just give it go he'll  swap you with the keeper later !

4 hours ago, Shadowl said:

Maybe it's the tiny grounds and minnow teams we are playing that don't help me think we look like a Sunday league, no wait that's to much praise, school team. But, I don't see the point sacking him, who we gonna get who's better? We can't keep changing manager like last season, that doesn't work. Give him to the end of the season. If it's not worked, he can go then and a new manager can bring in players they want in a new window. Rather than try and work with Moore's leftovers.

The good thing is that DM has done a decent job getting players in who are better than League 1 level.  He's over achieved, helped I'm sure by us being decent wage payers, comparatively.

But he's got no idea how to use these players- we've set up for being a really direct team, but he's trying to force them into playing some kind of horrendous passing game that we?xre never going to get results from.

- Our defenders can't play out from the back

- We've got wingers but they're all sat on the bench 

Get someone in to take away the complexity and jargon and play these players in a system they're comfortable in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the appointment was purely based on two things:

1) We literally genuinely and seriously could not get ANY other manager to come to our club to work for this chairman under the current conditions. Remember we went months and months with no manager as we toppled from one manager turning us down to the next and so on and so on

2) The chairman's personal relationship with Darren Moore which I think is more important to him than any footballing credentials. This is the first manager since Carlos that Chansiri gets on with properly, and no doubt Moore's reputation for being nice, kind, honorable etc will have gone in his favour with this chairman. Obviously if Moore is the only manager who would come then this point is only relevant regarding how long Chansiri will give him and how much patience he will have before pulling the trigger

Spot on!

4 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

347 people out of 20k fan's, how is that 90%?.

How else do you do a poll among fans? Even for electoral polls they only sample a few voters.

It may be that Owlstalk members aren't representative of the fan base generally, I'm not convinced we are that far out from the fanbase average.

Maybe a poll done in the middle of an international break when the last result is as far away from peoples thoughts would be more indicative.

1 hour ago, davey_wells said:

The good thing is that DM has done a decent job getting players in who are better than League 1 level.  He's over achieved, helped I'm sure by us being decent wage payers, comparatively.

But he's got no idea how to use these players- we've set up for being a really direct team, but he's trying to force them into playing some kind of horrendous passing game that we?xre never going to get results from.

- Our defenders can't play out from the back

- We've got wingers but they're all sat on the bench 

Get someone in to take away the complexity and jargon and play these players in a system they're comfortable in.

I'm sure money was the key factor here TBF 

5 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I didn't want change we've had too many changes over the last 12 months which cost us relegation but I've no faith results or performances will improve now. Time to make a change whilst top 6 is still achievable. 

Change didnt cost us relegation an EFL sanction did,....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mosborough-owl said:

I honestly didn’t think we would smash this league. What gives us the right to think so? We got relegated because we’re not good enough for that league and this is now our standard. I hope DM learns quick because I genuinely like him. 

Errrr we get relegated because of an EFL sanction,as poor as we were even with all the things we had going against us,we still had enough points on merit to stay up.....

• Thanks 1