Fans have turned against Moore

I get knee jerk reactions after a loss but 90% is a damming stat 

add to the the selections the formations and more frustratingly the results and the manor of how we are dropping points to very mediocre teams 

our run of last 4/5 games considering our opposition have been nothing short of a disaster 

there’s no signs of this changing whilst we continuously drop points in the last 10 minutes  falling further down the league 

out of interest where are we in the form table from the last 5 and 10 games I’m guessing staring towards relegation on promotion 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

hey - I just thought a nickname that we can use for our manager (it's not disrespectful or abusive or owt)

DARREN BORE

lol

Come on

Admit it - it's a good un

Darrerm Moore.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Says it all really. 

I can understand every decision DM has made this season, the positions, the tactics, even most of the mad substitutions.

Everything he's done has been toward a goal, whatever it took.

The only thing I don't understand is his loyalty to Lee Gregory. He's started every game, played in his best position, even had the formation changed to accommodate him.

Why?

Why ******** off all the wingers and strikers for him?

Why change the formation you've even slapped down the club captain and forced him to stick to?

He's the only player we have who doesn't fit the 4231, why is he playing?

He has had 3 games with no shots, 4 with less than 2, 3 shots in the last 3 games but still played 90 minutes v Cheltenham. Why?

I don't get it and it's doing my head in.

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

I get knee jerk reactions after a loss but 90% is a damming stat 

add to the the selections the formations and more frustratingly the results and the manor of how we are dropping points to very mediocre teams 

our run of last 4/5 games considering our opposition have been nothing short of a disaster 

there’s no signs of this changing whilst we continuously drop points in the last 10 minutes  falling further down the league 

out of interest where are we in the form table from the last 5 and 10 games I’m guessing staring towards relegation on promotion 

The polls don’t lie.

9 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

I can understand every decision DM has made this season, the positions, the tactics, even most of the mad substitutions.

The only thing I don't understand is his loyalty to Lee Gregory. He's started every game, played in his best position, even had the formation changed to accommodate him.

Why?

Why change the formation you've even slapped down the club captain and forced him to stick to?

He has had 3 games with no shots, 4 with less than 2, 3 shots in the last 3 games but still played 90 minutes v Cheltenham. Why?

We'd be better off playing 4-2-3-1 with Gregory as the only player it doesn't suit than 3-5-2 with half the team out of position. We could even play the 4-4-2 that has brought us two wins.

None of Moore's decisions in that respect make any sense, even if you can understand them.

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

He had a year left on his contract, they were at the end.

Completely different kettle of fish.

To let a player go at the end of their contract is one thing, but to let them go under contract with no fee?

They were basically saying that he wasn't worth keeping.

Ime not saying he was Harry Kane,but doesnt mean he is without merit either,Club may have wanted to bring on younger players as an example or maybe he just didnt feature  under the managers plans 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We'd be better off playing 4-2-3-1 with Gregory as the only player it doesn't suit than 3-5-2 with half the team out of position. We could even play the 4-4-2 that has brought us two wins.

None of Moore's decisions in that respect make any sense, even if you can understand them.

Thats my point.

He's supporting him to the point of harming the team.

We won't go 442 anymore, the middle is set.

DM tried every combination of players in the 4231 bar changing Gregory, even when it was obvious it wasn't working.

Kamberi can play it, may not score loads himself but the team will score more with him. Berahino played it v Oxford and we played the best half of the season.

Why not drop him for a couple of games? We can't be any worse.

In the 11 games he's started, we've scored 7 open play goals.

(2 corners, a pen and 2 OG)

Kamberi starts, we've scored 9 goals in 4. (2 pizza cup games)

How can you justify still playing him?

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Thats my point.

He's supporting him to the point of harming the team.

We won't go 442 anymore, the middle is set.

DM tried every combination of players in the 4231 bar changing Gregory, even when it was obvious it wasn't working.

Kamberi can play it, may not score loads himself but the team will score more with him. Berahino played it v Oxford and we played the best half of the season.

Why not drop him for a couple of games? We can't be any worse.

In the 11 games he's started, we've scored 7 open play goals.

(2 corners, a pen and 2 OG)

Kamberi starts, we've scored 9 goals in 4. (2 pizza cup games)

How can you justify still playing him?

I'm not. 

I'm not justifying any of Moore's decisions. He has lost the plot since the Oxford game. 

17 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Why?

why because he is the best of the rubbish ,  why are you sticking up for d moore? you must be the only 1 ive heard in weeks . our striking options are very poor and have been all season . why sign wasters and has beens  . cheltenham have a player budget just over 10% of ours . that defies belief . im preying chansiri has his chopping board out , if he wants to remain the club owner he needs to get on the 1st plane here ,who is in charge above moore? chansiri from a tv screen thousands of miles away? as it seems not 1 person is at the ground watching d moores performances . id put our coach in charge while we do everything to get alex neil a proper manager to come . the atmosphere tomorrow is going to be toxic ,every bad pass and boos will ring out ,go 2-0 down it will be horrific 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm not. 

I'm not justifying any of Moore's decisions. He has lost the plot since the Oxford game. 

before that , shrewsbury , 2nd bottom ,not won in 10 , and we drawing 1-1 and he fetches a striker on (kamberi)and plays him wing back and sticks with 1 up front . 

• Thanks 1

Just now, morganowl said:

before that , shrewsbury , 2nd bottom ,not won in 10 , and we drawing 1-1 and he fetches a striker on (kamberi)and plays him wing back and sticks with 1 up front . 

Fair point.

His substitutions in general have not worked the vast majority of the time too. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair point.

you dont say , could they have been any worse? i think not . is he the only man watching what dont see what the rest of us see. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm not. 

It was after Plymouth that it started.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair point.

A lot of his subs and tactical changes have usually been to add support to Gregory. 

Instead of just hooking him, he's doubled down every time and put someone else closer to him.

We finished Cheltenham with 4 strikers, 3 of them out of position but with Gregory still on the pitch, when he should have hooked him, put Pato in the middle, then put Corbeanu on the right, or just swapped him with Kamberi.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

hey - I just thought a nickname that we can use for our manager (it's not disrespectful or abusive or owt)

DARREN BORE

lol

Come on

Admit it - it's a good un

I like it, but let's spell it correctly:

Darren Boore.

14 minutes ago, morganowl said:

why because he is the best of the rubbish ,  why are you sticking up for d moore? you must be the only 1 ive heard in weeks . our striking options are very poor and have been all season . why sign wasters and has beens  . cheltenham have a player budget just over 10% of ours . that defies belief . im preying chansiri has his chopping board out , if he wants to remain the club owner he needs to get on the 1st plane here ,who is in charge above moore? chansiri from a tv screen thousands of miles away? as it seems not 1 person is at the ground watching d moores performances . id put our coach in charge while we do everything to get alex neil a proper manager to come . the atmosphere tomorrow is going to be toxic ,every bad pass and boos will ring out ,go 2-0 down it will be horrific 

Gregory is the main issue in tbe team at the minute.

You want wingers? You can't, Gregory needs strikers close to him.

You want direct play? You can't, Gregory can't win challenges and is too slow to get the ball unchallenged.

Long ball? Won 1 header in 3 games.

You want runners in the channels? Nope. For that you need the CF to make runs and make space for them to run into. 

This is why we play slow build up. While he's up front we don't have a choice.

We don't have space to pass in midfield because their defenders can push up as much as they want, as he's never going to run behind without being caught in 2 steps.

I was one of Moore's best supporters on here for a while, explaining the reasons why he did stuff.

But this Gregory thing has gone too far.

The only explanation I can think of is that he's been told to play him.

7 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

It was after Plymouth that it started.

A lot of his subs and tactical changes have usually been to add support to Gregory. 

Instead of just hooking him, he's doubled down every time and put someone else closer to him.

We finished Cheltenham with 4 strikers, 3 of them out of position but with Gregory still on the pitch, when he should have hooked him, put Pato in the middle, then put Corbeanu on the right, or just swapped him with Kamberi.

We get it, you don't like Gregory.

Why do you think everything revolves around him, why do you think Moore is doing this as you suggest?

He took Gregory off Vs Lincoln and we got worse.

The manager makes poor subs, poor choices from the start and poor tactical decisions.  

When we played 4-42 this season - twice - we won both games and scored 2 in both games, Gregory scored 2 and assisted 1.