Fans have turned against Moore

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

1) We literally genuinely and seriously could not get ANY other manager to come to our club to work for this chairman under the current conditions. Remember we went months and months with no manager as we toppled from one manager turning us down to the next and so on and so on

Lets be factual here Neil - we paid for him to come to the club, so its a case of how much we were willing to pay to get a manager

26 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Most of those wanting him to go now are expecting, wanting and demanding an instant return to Championship. 

Though we've signed a lot of players all of them have been loans and mostly cast offs other clubs don't want. 

Add this to all changes made defensively, some forced due to unforeseen injuries you can see why we're struggling to make the impact a lot fans expect. 

Saying all that I'm not convinced Moore can take us up, I hope he succeeds because I like him in general but some of his tactics are questionable. 

Do I want him to go right now? No but November is a big month for him with a large number of home games where we need to start turning draws into wins. 

I actually don’t think most of the fans are “demanding” an instant return. I think they feel we are capable of doing a hell of a lot better  we are (eg top 6 with this squad is definitely possible) and they want to see attacking football. That is not a lot to ask.

I don’t think we ought to be bossing this league but we ought to be doing a lot better then the frankly turgid performances Moore is getting out of this team. I also agree we need to remove the toxicity around managers and “give them time” but ONLY if they deserve it. Moore has done good things off the pitch re young players, loans and recruitment but how much was the recruitment him and how much was it our brand/wages? I know we take the p I s s about being massive but for League 1 we are an attractive proposition - wouldn’t you want to play in front of 20,000 every week rather than 2,000 (and it’s the wages isn’t it let’s face it)

I want Moore to succeed. But face it he is just not going to. Some things you just know. At the moment Moore doesn’t deserve time.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Advise to any NEW manager coming to Hillsborough:

DONT UNPACK YOUR SUIT CASE.

Unless you are half decent and you will walk the play offs with this squad. We are due one.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yeah fair

And influenced by the lack of managers willing to take the job here

I'm not discounting your second point but DM has now been given what seems like autonomy over the playing side of things and has also been backed (to a reasonable extent) in the transfer market, the inept performances are down to both the players and DM.  

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

SOME fans have turned against Moore

Doing a poll immediately after a poor result skews the results massively 

Its the following day and I can't imagine many people have changed their minds- if any.

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

I'm not discounting your second point but DM has now been given what seems like autonomy over the playing side of things and has also been backed (to a reasonable extent) in the transfer market, the inept performances are down to both the players and DM.  

That is 100% true

And I'd add there's an over-arching factor that we only have Darren Moore, we only have this squad of players, and we're only in this division due to the total mismanagement of the club by this chairman

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That is 100% true

And I'd add there's an over-arching factor that we only have Darren Moore, we only have this squad of players, and we're only in this division due to the total mismanagement of the club by this chairman

I'm not arguing against any of that - we are where we are and we need to improve 100% to get out of this division, which our squad is more than capable of doing. In order for us to do that IMHO DM is not capable of bringing the level of performances that will see us promoted (I hope I'm proved wrong).

Edited by soldierboyblue
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I'm not arguing against any of that - we are where we are and we need to improve 100% to get out of this division, which our squad is more than capable of doing. In order for us to do that IMHO DM is not capable of bringing the level of performances that will see us promoted (I hope I'm proved wrong).

Fully agree with you 

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Its the following day and I can't imagine many people have changed their minds- if any.

If Moore is to get the fans back onside he needs to pick a side with players in their correct positions and give them the authority to attack within the realms of his tactics. If he carries on like it has been and we lose to Sunderland then there will be open revolt in the stands and he will hear loud calls for him to go

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

This so true the fans have lost it.   Unrealistic expectations.   Its getting worse as well soon as they lose a game they will be out.

Lets have some rational thinking instead of shooting from the hip

Unrealistic expectations? We’re 5 points outside the play off places in League 1.. it’s not like people are complaining that we’re not top half of the premier league. The fans deserve better and it needs to be improved ASAP, and a new manager would give us the best chance of doing that.

Also people aren’t reacting to one bad game.. we’ve just failed to beat Wimbledon, Cambridge, Lincoln and Cheltenham. Not a single win against any of those mighty teams. 

He’s had 30 games now and so far he failed to get a run of results going when the opportunity was there to stay up with Derby/Rotherham imploding, then despite that he still had a one off cup final to stay up with a win at Derby which he failed, and then he’s been backed with 14 new players to challenge in League 1 where he’s managed 2 wins in 11 and cutting us adrift from promotion.

He’s had plenty of time and there’s just nothing there.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the appointment was purely based on two things:

1) We literally genuinely and seriously could not get ANY other manager to come to our club to work for this chairman under the current conditions. Remember we went months and months with no manager as we toppled from one manager turning us down to the next and so on and so on

2) The chairman's personal relationship with Darren Moore which I think is more important to him than any footballing credentials. This is the first manager since Carlos that Chansiri gets on with properly, and no doubt Moore's reputation for being nice, kind, honorable etc will have gone in his favour with this chairman. Obviously if Moore is the only manager who would come then this point is only relevant regarding how long Chansiri will give him and how much patience he will have before pulling the trigger

I agree that we were not attractive to come and manage last year. And it was hardly surprising we couldn’t get anyone  You had the Points deduction, high risk of a relegation, uncompetitive squad, lunatic chairman, Club a “basket case”  in utter free fall,  players not being paid possible future points deductionetc

I don’t think that applies quite so much now.

You have Club appears to be on more even keel (yes I know some of the finance is still a worry but we are at the moment avoiding EFL sanction) competitive squad, decent chance of  play offs,  lunatic chairman (but one who backs his manager re signings) Club now. “Sleeping giant” rather than “basket case” (we are probably both but just bear with me….) And most importantly realistic chance to be the Saviour.

I think we are on paper a more attractive proposition then when Pulis was bulleted. 

So in summary as we have progressed from utter s h i t show to just s h i t show I reckon we could get someone decent in

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

If Moore is to get the fans back onside he needs to pick a side with players in their correct positions and give them the authority to attack within the realms of his tactics. If he carries on like it has been and we lose to Sunderland then there will be open revolt in the stands and he will hear loud calls for him to go

Even more so if he keeps doing the interviews as though the sun is shining, everything's ok, and there's no problems

It's not doing him any favours to try and convince press and fans that it's all getting better

Fans are seeing things with their own eyes, seeing the results, seeing the performances and then the managers overview of it all is at odds with that. That's never good for any manager to do.

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Unrealistic expectations? We’re 5 points outside the play off places in League 1.. it’s not like people are complaining that we’re not top half of the premier league. The fans deserve better and it needs to be improved ASAP, and a new manager would give us the best chance of doing that.

Also people aren’t reacting to one bad game.. we’ve just failed to beat Wimbledon, Cambridge, Lincoln and Cheltenham. Not a single win against any of those mighty teams. 

He’s had 30 games now and so far he failed to get a run of results going when the opportunity was there to stay up with Derby/Rotherham imploding, then despite that he still had a one off cup final to stay up with a win at Derby which he failed, and then he’s been backed with 14 new players to challenge in League 1 where he’s managed 2 wins in 11 and cutting us adrift from promotion.

He’s had plenty of time and there’s just nothing there.

The next manager won't be even given 30 games it will be down to 20.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

You're being overemotional on this point and you're overdramatising something that just isn't happening

Fans dont influence a chairman's decision to sack a manager in 2021

Doesn't happen

It's way above our pay grade now

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Even more so if he keeps doing the interviews as though the sun is shining, everything's ok, and there's no problems

It's not doing him any favours to try and convince press and fans that it's all getting better

Fans are seeing things with their own eyes, seeing the results, seeing the performances and then the managers overview of it all is at odds with that. That's never good for any manager to do.

We would like an honest interview I couldn't agree Moore! Not this it ebbed and flowed etc, who actually takes that in and believes it. If we are crap and have played crap say it and say the players need to be better and haven't performed today. 

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Why? Pulis got 10 games and Moore’s had much more.

If the next manager comes in, goes back to basics like a 4-4-2, plays everyone in their correct positions and tries to attack teams we will more than likely get results at this level.

If the results on the pitch are good then the manager will stay its that simple.

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Why? Pulis got 10 games and Moore’s had much more.

If the next manager comes in, goes back to basics like a 4-4-2, plays everyone in their correct positions and tries to attack teams we will more than likely get results at this level.

If the results on the pitch are good then the manager will stay its that simple.

I agree with the details, its the bigger picture I'm looking at