Fans have turned against Moore

I guess we will never know if Monk would have kept us up. But we do know that Moore took us down.

In common with many I did not hold that against him in the circumstances.

But this season is turning into a car crash.  The first half yestyerday at Cheltenham was a true nightmare.

We need to do everything possiible to influence DC to get Moore out of the club.

It is an over-used term but Moore was a genuine legend at West Brom but they got rid of him sharpish when they realised he was clueless.

• Like 2

Got to give him till xmas,seriously.

We have no style,look lost at times and clueless BUT, cant keep chopping managers.

His pre-post match interviews are gash and bewildering,his team selections baffling.

He knows the pressure is on now since last week,when asked a few tricky questions after game.

He made subs at half time and then 10 mins later,he had too,he knew that,he aint done that before.we ended up with alot of attacking players on the pitch at the end.I think he knows he has to change now quick I can see the signs.We are 8th playing for only 20 mins a game,not bad for a team at sorts at the min.

Windass back,Luongo back,Iorfa back.In next 2 weeks.

Come on DM sort it dont be cautious now as its ya job on line,take it to em like we started yesterday but for a full half at least....

UTO....

• Like 2

Guest mrbluesky
29 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

Why do say that? What do see as the bigger picture?

sacré bleu!!! regarde mes derniers posts, tout est expliqué!!! 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

SOME fans have turned against Moore

Doing a poll immediately after a poor result skews the results massively 

it's been a while since it was possible to do a poll after a good result.

I know what you mean but even during the week last week, well after the last game the majority of threads were against him. The away fans singing how bad we are, the team being booed off at half-time most home games, the tide has turned against him. 

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

I hardly call 347 people out of 20k a majority of ALL the fan's.

Do you think the 20K at Hillsborough are happy with what they are watching? 

At the start of the season we had a flat back 4 hunt iorfa hitch and palmer? Now I would have like to see brown there because of his natural position but…palmer was steady enough. The keeper looked confident and that because the whole defence knew and were comfortable in wot they were doing. We were scoring enough at the time and looked like we could improve in that area with shodipo and windass to come back into the side at some point. Moore then changed the structure of the side for not much apparent reason? Hutch wasn’t injured when he picked him to play midfield? We all know hutch should never play that position again he charges around over stretching over committing and getting himself injured? At cb he calm collected and brings a pa passing range moore desires when playing out from the back! At the moment not just one but several players are being played out of position and we look totally out of sorts which you’d expect with that level of uncertainty within the side? We have one fit cb he still wants to play 3? It’s unrealistic to ask players to keep performing to their best when not playing in their natural positions and until he goes and picks square pegs in square hole then disaster will continue? Will he change ? No unfortunately I don’t think he will do we’ll continue to trundle along because we still have players that on their day will conjure something up to get a result or two !! Sad sad times that moore has broken the optimism that for the first time in a few years was flowing the the fan base 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If we carry on like this it is only a matter of time before Kate Adie suddenly appears in the Hillsborough car park as a sports commentator.

There is obviously something wrong,,, talk about untapped potential!!!

I understand why we change our line up for each team but why pay them the complement,,,, let's get our own style of play sorted out that the team are happy with and let the opposition worry about how they are going to handle us.

I really did think Moore was going to get us going in the right direction but the last 4 games have been pretty DIRE. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mick70 said:

At the start of the season we had a flat back 4 hunt iorfa hitch and palmer? Now I would have like to see brown there because of his natural position but…palmer was steady enough. The keeper looked confident and that because the whole defence knew and were comfortable in wot they were doing. We were scoring enough at the time and looked like we could improve in that area with shodipo and windass to come back into the side at some point. Moore then changed the structure of the side for not much apparent reason? Hutch wasn’t injured when he picked him to play midfield? We all know hutch should never play that position again he charges around over stretching over committing and getting himself injured? At cb he calm collected and brings a pa passing range moore desires when playing out from the back! At the moment not just one but several players are being played out of position and we look totally out of sorts which you’d expect with that level of uncertainty within the side? We have one fit cb he still wants to play 3? It’s unrealistic to ask players to keep performing to their best when not playing in their natural positions and until he goes and picks square pegs in square hole then disaster will continue? Will he change ? No unfortunately I don’t think he will do we’ll continue to trundle along because we still have players that on their day will conjure something up to get a result or two !! Sad sad times that moore has broken the optimism that for the first time in a few years was flowing the the fan base 

Great Post. Think Moore is trying to be clever and thinks he knows best. We are not in the PL with players who can adapt quickly and instinctively react to developing situations.

We have lg1 / championship players, so play to their strengths, put them in the correct positions and keep it simple. We have some decent players who can create a chance but they are stiffled by Moore and his confusing tactics.

We have seen many managers over the years try things out for 1 or 2 games but if it's not working they don't bloody keep going month after month. 

I watch wek in week out and just don't have a clue what he is trying to do tactically, just a absolute shambles.

If anyone could explain what the tactics are would be grateful.

We may win occasionally but a stopped clock is right twice a day.

DC or his Advisor needs to be ending his contract on Monday morning.

The longer we leave it, the more difficult it will become to claw it back. This isn't about being realistic or unrealistic in expectation, but if we fail to go up first time of asking, are the likes of Iorfa and Bannan, and Luongo and Hunt going to want to be sticking around another year in L1? 

• Like 1

Most of those wanting him to go now are expecting, wanting and demanding an instant return to Championship. 

Though we've signed a lot of players all of them have been loans and mostly cast offs other clubs don't want. 

Add this to all changes made defensively, some forced due to unforeseen injuries you can see why we're struggling to make the impact a lot fans expect. 

Saying all that I'm not convinced Moore can take us up, I hope he succeeds because I like him in general but some of his tactics are questionable. 

Do I want him to go right now? No but November is a big month for him with a large number of home games where we need to start turning draws into wins. 

• Like 1

Just now, bradowl said:

Most of those wanting him to go now are expecting, wanting and demanding an instant return to Championship. 

Though we've signed a lot of players all of them have been loans and mostly cast offs other clubs don't want. 

Add this to all changes made defensively, some forced due to unforeseen injuries you can see why we're struggling to make the impact a lot fans expect. 

Saying all that I'm not convinced Moore can take us up, I hope he succeeds because I like him in general but some of his tactics are questionable. 

Do I want him to go right now? No but November is a big month for him with a large number of home games where we need to start turning draws into wins. 

Lost me at your first sentence 

that doesn’t appear to be the case 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't

I just want to see common sense, attacking football, players in their natural position and signs of improvement and development

Completely agree. 

The teams at the top aren't that much better than us, they just do the basics right. Everything else builds on that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What annoys me is that again he talks like his methods will click eventually and is oblivious to what fans see.. Again a team pressures us and forces mistakes which we get punished for and will continue to be the case but is too pig headed to change. 

2 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

What annoys me is that again he talks like his methods will click eventually and is oblivious to what fans see.. Again a team pressures us and forces mistakes which we get punished for and will continue to be the case but is too pig headed to change. 

The only managers who should be stubborn and pigheaded are the ones who are winning games and in the top 6

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

If many of the fans have lost confidence in Moore then surely the players have too, so for me we have to change. 
Also agree with other posters that a change at the very top is what we ultimately need and do we trust the chairman on his next appointment?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

The entire change from 4231 to 352 was to give Gregory a strike partner as he couldn't play alone up front.

• Like 1