Fans have turned against Moore

1 hour ago, Shadowl said:

I don't see the point sacking him, who we gonna get who's better? We can't keep changing manager like last season, that doesn't work. Give him to the end of the season. If it's not worked, he can go then and a new manager can bring in players they want in a new window. 

That's pretty much my view.

I'm as frustrated as anyone else at the moment, and I'm getting fed up of our inability to hold onto leading positions. I've never been convinced that DM is the long term answer. However, I'm reluctant to simply push him overboard for a number of reasons.

Despite the constant disappointment, we're not actually in a bad place relatively speaking. 8th place, one defeat in the last eight league games, only 3 defeats in total.

The constant managerial changes haven't exactly worked for us, have they? 5 different managers plus caretakers in as many seasons. There's no guarantee that any replacement is going to do any better, they may even turn out worse.

Unless we go totally left field in our selection, there's not exactly an abundance of attractive / realistic candidates. Lets not bang on about Paul Warne or Ryan Lowe, they would be mad to take us on considering how well they're doing elsewhere. Plenty of managers out of work, of course, but they're either old-school managers with outdated methods or are out of work for a reason.

All things considered, persisting with Moore might be the least worst option for now. If he can fix our nailed on ability to concede late goals we still might be a force to be reckoned with.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

This so true the fans have lost it.   Unrealistic expectations.   Its getting worse as well soon as they lose a game they will be out.

Lets have some rational thinking instead of shooting from the hip

OK Grasshopper, share your rationale thoughts.

1 minute ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

All things considered, persisting with Moore might be the least worst option for now. If he can fix our nailed on ability to concede late goals we still might be a force to be reckoned with.

He's been trying to do that for mooooooonths

And failed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

That's pretty much my view.

I'm as frustrated as anyone else at the moment, and I'm getting fed up of our inability to hold onto leading positions. I've never been convinced that DM is the long term answer. However, I'm reluctant to simply push him overboard for a number of reasons.

Despite the constant disappointment, we're not actually in a bad place relatively speaking. 8th place, one defeat in the last eight league games, only 3 defeats in total.

The constant managerial changes haven't exactly worked for us, have they? 5 different managers plus caretakers in as many seasons. There's no guarantee that any replacement is going to do any better, they may even turn out worse.

Unless we go totally left field in our selection, there's not exactly an abundance of attractive / realistic candidates. Lets not bang on about Paul Warne or Ryan Lowe, they would be mad to take us on considering how well they're doing elsewhere. Plenty of managers out of work, of course, but they're either old-school managers with outdated methods or are out of work for a reason.

garymegson

2 hours ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Seriously, we want someone who can deliver coaching on the grass and also develop these players as people, too.

If you listen to all the people in the know 'ex players, pundits and people from around the game' no Head Coach/Manager now does this on a day to day basis. This is not the modern way

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

If you listen to all the people in the know 'ex players, pundits and people from around the game' no Head Coach/Manager now does this on a day to day basis. This is not the modern way

So what does DM view as his role?

14 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

The entire change from 4231 to 352 was to give Gregory a strike partner as he couldn't play alone up front.

How do you think Kamberi performed yesterday? 

30 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I guess we will never know if Monk would have kept us up. But we do know that Moore took us down.

In common with many I did not hold that against him in the circumstances.

But this season is turning into a car crash.  The first half yestyerday at Cheltenham was a true nightmare.

We need to do everything possiible to influence DC to get Moore out of the club.

It is an over-used term but Moore was a genuine legend at West Brom but they got rid of him sharpish when they realised he was clueless.

There are a few i speak to that say "He was doing well at WBA"

But as you say he was a legend there and he was sacked because it was clear he wasn't up to it 

My son and I gave a resigned laugh when he was appointed , I mean what was on his CV that made DC or whoever advised him think he could do a job ?

How did the interview go -

"What was your last couple of jobs?

"Despite having the best squad in the league  at WBA i wasn't getting the best out of them and I was sacked"

"What about your last job"?

"I started ok but have just lost  FIVE on the trot in the 3rd division"

"Thats brilliant, when can you start"?

As some posters have said I wonder if DC had ever heard of DM and if he hadn't who was it that recommended him ?

And more importantly is he still at the club and will he be making another recommendation?

Who do we get to replace him ?

I hate it when people reply "anybody", but I'm at the anybody stage because I don't think "anybody " could get us playing worse

Just now, Orlando_Trustful said:

Once you lose the fans that’s it. He won’t turn this around now and a defeat on Tuesday could lead to a toxic atmosphere after the game. 

The poll has spoken. 

Get that blokes sign  - The End is Nigh

Just now, the monk said:

But as you say he was a legend there and he was sacked because it was clear he wasn't up to it 

My son and I gave a resigned laugh when he was appointed , I mean what was on his CV that made DC or whoever advised him think he could do a job ?

"Despite having the best squad in the league  at WBA i wasn't getting the best out of them and I was sacked"

As some posters have said I wonder if DC had ever heard of DM and if he hadn't who was it that recommended him ?

And more importantly is he still at the club and will he be making another recommendation?

I hate it when people reply "anybody", but I'm at the anybody stage because I don't think "anybody " could get us playing worse

Cometh the hour, cometh the man

garymegson

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

I'm uncertain you will have to ask him, he thinks his Sport Psychologist is doing a good job and that playing Johnson at CB gives balance to the team, so you tell me

I asked you. You told me to ask someone else and then answer my own question. 😂

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Most of those wanting him to go now are expecting, wanting and demanding an instant return to Championship. 

Though we've signed a lot of players all of them have been loans and mostly cast offs other clubs don't want. 

Add this to all changes made defensively, some forced due to unforeseen injuries you can see why we're struggling to make the impact a lot fans expect. 

Saying all that I'm not convinced Moore can take us up, I hope he succeeds because I like him in general but some of his tactics are questionable. 

Do I want him to go right now? No but November is a big month for him with a large number of home games where we need to start turning draws into wins. 

Some of his tactics are questionable?

Which ones aren't questionable and are working?

Every month should be a big month for us. October should have been a big month in terms of points. 4 points from the last 4 games is pretty dire and Wimbledon was the only one we actually looked like winning. 

I am not demanding an instant Championship return. I just want to see and try and be the best we can. Playing a winger at CB so we can pass it around the back and stifling wing-forwards at wing-back does not do that. We have regressed this seasons as a direct result of Moore's change of approach. 

Just now, heppers said:

I asked you. You told me to ask someone else and then answer my own question. 😂

Lets look at this in a sensible way - he's obviously coaching to some extent and having a day to day involvement, but how does he see that Johnson is a CB and that we don't need a left footed LB is beyond me. Lets not even go into how he sets up with the formations. I honestly don't think that Moore knows his role but he should definitely know what his best team and formation is by now. 

3 minutes ago, the monk said:

I think the appointment was purely based on two things:

1) We literally genuinely and seriously could not get ANY other manager to come to our club to work for this chairman under the current conditions. Remember we went months and months with no manager as we toppled from one manager turning us down to the next and so on and so on

2) The chairman's personal relationship with Darren Moore which I think is more important to him than any footballing credentials. This is the first manager since Carlos that Chansiri gets on with properly, and no doubt Moore's reputation for being nice, kind, honorable etc will have gone in his favour with this chairman. Obviously if Moore is the only manager who would come then this point is only relevant regarding how long Chansiri will give him and how much patience he will have before pulling the trigger

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

Lets look at this in a sensible way - he's obviously coaching to some extent and having a day to day involvement, but how does he see that Johnson is a CB and that we don't need a left footed LB is beyond me. Lets not even go into how he sets up with the formations. I honestly don't think that Moore knows his role but he should definitely know what his best team and formation is by now. 

He is guff

• Like 1