Fans have turned against Moore

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I would use poorly to describe someone who has the sniffles and a head cold, not hospitalised with Covid and pneumonia and having lost an absolute buttload of weight.

... what?

Soz, next time I will consult the Thesaurus of Illness and find a more suitable response.

Anyway, he took us down and looks rubbish.

I would sack him.

24 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I hardly call 347 people out of 20k a majority of ALL the fan's.

That is true.

But MORI, yougov etc do polls on 1,000 people out of 60million on a regular basis to get results. A 10,000 sample is deemed to be large, so 347 out of 20,000 can be classed as a Massive result.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We've been through this before, endured years of poo, so our fans can sense quicker than most when it's not working. 

As a one time advocate for Moore, I understand the need to give managers time, but that time has to be earned. There is nothing I've seen on the pitch I could evidence to justify more time. I genuinely don't understand what he is trying to achieve. 

To be fair, done well off the pitch, recruitment,  development of some youth players out on loan. But, his primary role is the first team and nowhere near good enough. 

Too pragmatic, too reactive and  too overcomplicated for what is needed in this league. It's almost as if he has a small club mentality, awestruck by some very average opposition and thinking he can try to be clever adapting our squad to unfamiliar tactics. 

I'm genuinely sad and disappointed in how its turned out, I was very optimistic about his appointment, but it's just been awful and mostly baffling to watch and not picking up results either. There isnt one scintilla of optimism left that things will improve. We may win a game at some point, but this team wont 'click' under Moore, it cant because there isnt any consistency and the fundamental footballing philosophy flawed. 

With a third of the season gone, time to make a positive change, leave it longer than a few weeks, heading towards December and the season is done,  don't care how many points are technically available. 

Therein lies another problem,  do I trust Chansiri to appoint another manager within a reasonable timescale, not to mention the right manager?....about as much as I trust Moore's team selections.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Maybe its the players that are just not good enough.

When we signed all these players in pre-season everyone was creaming themselves with 'right signing' i can honestly say I hadn't heard of half of them. Take the Goalkeeper for a start most of our fans were wetting themselves about him, but how many had actually seen him play ?

I am not saying Moore is totally blameless his constant chopping and changing and playing players out of position isn’t helping.

I think the players are just not has good as what some of our fans think.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, heppers said:

We have a decent squad.

We need to play attacking football and let other teams try to accommodate us.

He is overly complicating things. 

So they'll just park the bus, everyone can see us coming

2 minutes ago, Marpals said:

Maybe its the players that are just not good enough.

When we signed all these players in pre-season everyone was creaming themselves with 'right signing' i can honestly say I hadn't heard of half of them. Take the Goalkeeper for a start most of our fans were wetting themselves about him, but how many had actually seen him play ?

I am not saying Moore is totally blameless his constant chopping and changing and playing players out of position isn’t helping.

I think the players are just not has good as what some of our fans think.

I think we have a good squad, probably the envy of most other managers in this league. 

Dont forget, we started the season confident, that was soon knocked out of them by bizarre team selections and tactics. They now look, confused, scared of the ball and pissed off.  

Many a good player has come to Wednesday and looked poo, some even gone to other clubs and looked good again. Sometimes it is, but maybe it's not the players but the manager. 

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

We look as pants as we did in the Championship - in a lower league - and we’d probably look as pants in league two. 

Can we have someone that can turn up and at least get the basic football requirements please.  

You could wrap a potato in the training kit and I'm not sure what difference it would make, once it lost a few games everyone would be asking for NEW POTATOES!

18 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

That is true.

But MORI, yougov etc do polls on 1,000 people out of 60million on a regular basis to get results. A 10,000 sample is deemed to be large, so 347 out of 20,000 can be classed as a Massive result.

Heppers Polls are statistically accurate.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Advise to any NEW manager coming to Hillsborough:

DONT UNPACK YOUR SUIT CASE.

I might give him slightly different advice, maybe don’t play wingers at centre half, don’t try to play out from the back with players that are totally incapable of doing so just because you’ve seen it on Match Of The Day, don’t play a totally different “ system “ every week, try and pick an unchanged team in order to build confidence and continuity , if you struggle with words and are unsure what you are doing don’t try try and placate the fans with mumbo jumbo that you can barely remember from a low level FA training course…. 

• Like 2

Just now, scilly owl said:

I might give him slightly different advice, maybe don’t play wingers at centre half, don’t try to play out from the back with players that are totally incapable of doing so just because you’ve seen it on Match Of The Day, don’t play a totally different “ system “ every week, try and pick an unchanged team in order to build confidence and continuity , if you struggle with words and are unsure what you are doing don’t try try and placate the fans with mumbo jumbo that you can barely remember from a low level FA training course…. 

Did you see Brighton try it yesterday?

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I know

I PM'd him to do it

lol

(THIS IS A JOKE HEPPERS BEFORE YOU START LAUNCHING INTO ONE OF YOUR PERSONAL ATTACK TIRADES) 🤣

Anyway - have a great Sunday everyone

Some great discussion on here today - some good points being well made

Moore out.

Just now, heppers said:

Moore out.

Don't disagree with you at this stage

Something's not right at the club

And more importantly - whatever it is never gets turned around with a spectacular upturn in results by the same manager

Only one way this is going to go and it's all down to WHEN Chansiri pulls the trigger now

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

I agree 100% here with @owlstalk.

During the last weeks of the Monk regime I disagreed with @owlstalk in a number of threads over whether he should stay or go..

That is all history now of course.

But what is key is trying to get DC to remove Moore and it is urgent because we are looking like a mid-table team at best and I even fear that it could get worse still under this manager.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I agree 100% here with @owlstalk.

During the last weeks of the Monk regime I disagreed with @owlstalk in a number of threads over whether he should stay or go..

That is all history now of course. 

That's fine - this is a forum for sharing thoughts, and disagreeing and discussing whatever the point is

It's ok to have differing opinions - that's normal and healthy

I was right though. 

If we'd kept Monk we wouldn't even be in League One right now - we'd be in the Championship competing

lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop