Fans have turned against Moore

Guest DoesJackHunt
24 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I’m now in the out camp!! I think there are options available that would improve us. 

Interested to know who you would like to see come in to replace DM. 
That’s the bit I’m struggling with. Who do you think is available and who would be your preferred choice / choices. 

His line ups and team set ups leave him exposed to the team repeating the same issues week after week.

His reluctance to change this, is his own doing and fault - any manager will rightly be judged by success or failure. IMO DM is really not helping himself with his stubborn reluctance to change. To be fair to him, he has set a path, and it will ultimately go one of two ways, and I suspect quickly.

• Like 1

Shadowl talks as if keeping Moore to the end of the season is simple and that we will finish midtable.

Well, if you take away the honeymoon first four games of the season make no mistake our form is Relegation Form not Mid-table Form.

I was at Cheltenham yetsterday and in the first half in particular we were absolutely mullered.

We were out- hought, out fought and out played.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, heppers said:

He was poorly

Actually it was because despite our utter shitstate last season, people could see we were generally improving and we nearly, oh so nearly stayed up.

Nowt to do with his health, and this post of yours makes you seem an utter classless berk.

Unfortunately this season, after building a bloated squad with a lot of Championship experience, anything other than play-offs I think has to be deemed as a failure. 

If these were the results we were having with only a few players signed and youngsters on the bench in a clear cost-cutting and stabilising season, I would be right behind him... as it is it's clear he's absolutely lost it and needs to go. 

• Like 3

Next manager needs to have the full package. 😳

Seriously, we want someone who can deliver coaching on the grass and also develop these players as people, too.

Someone who is respected and loved.

Calling for people to lose jobs hasn't felt comfortable to me of late. But if we do part ways with Moore, then we've got to get the next one spot on.

I think our recent managers have felt distant, for whatever reason. Feeling there's something we're not privy to as fans, imo. 

We hardly get truth.

We get spin and avoidance when it inevitably gets hot.

It's a high pressure environment, I get it, but there's got to be someone out there who is a brilliant fit for Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

SOME fans have turned against Moore

Doing a poll immediately after a poor result skews the results massively 

It's only fair that we do a poll after the next win then, due some time around the next eclipse. 

Edited by Owls2k
  • Haha 2

Even the football vidiprinter gave up on us yesterday,  it couldn’t be bothered to report the goals in our game.  When that happens you know it’s time to pack up and go home.  

Moore out for me.  There’s no sign the team are improving as he keeps saying we will do after each poor performance, which means he’s talking rounduns.  
And I can’t name a single player who is playing well under his management.  
To be 5 points outside the playoffs in league 1 and drifting further away due to current form, is not good enough for this football club. 

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

I'm really not a fan of changing managers but I strongly believe he should be doing much better with the squad he has, and certainly in this league.

The problem I have is who would replace him, and who would want to.

It’s pointless sacking him. This league is a nightmare to get out off. Just look at other teams that come down. They all struggle for a few seasons while they adjust to it. We’ve stopped the free fall. We are been competitive. It’s gunna take time unfortunately. I’m not saying Moore is the man to take us forward. But I don’t think sacking him will make us better. 

2 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

It’s pointless sacking him. This league is a nightmare to get out off. Just look at other teams that come down. They all struggle for a few seasons while they adjust to it. We’ve stopped the free fall. We are been competitive. It’s gunna take time unfortunately. I’m not saying Moore is the man to take us forward. But I don’t think sacking him will make us better. 

Drawing matches gets you relegated, we are still falling, he has slowed it down from free fall to just falling, but we are still falling

• Like 3

All these people saying if we sack him who would you bring in...?!

It's not my job to do that. It's Chansiri's job to come up with names of potential candidates. I haven't got a clue who we'd bring in all I know is this bloke isn't the right man for this sort of job. It's too big for him. Let him go to a team that doesn't have this level of demand and he can tinker all he wants. 

I have seen some complacency in my time but Mosborough-owl is factually incorrect:

He says "We’ve stopped the free fall. We are been competitive."

Well the stats show clearly a downward trend and the end point is RELEGATION to League Two for the first time in the club's history.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Interested to know who you would like to see come in to replace DM. 
That’s the bit I’m struggling with. Who do you think is available and who would be your preferred choice / choices. 

for me I’d like to see someone like Alex Neil. Did well with Norwich (promotion to PL) and turned Preston into a solid side with minimal resources. 

I’m not saying he’d turn us into Brazil but he’d certainly improve the current situation. 

38 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Unfortunately, I think most people are of the view he isn't going to turn it around.

Align that with these ridiculous line ups/selections and it is hardly a shock that we are seeing most people turn.

And this is the real crux of it. If you felt we were transitioning toward a team with a clear identity, way of playing and a settled line up, which gave each game a good go.. then you'd give him time...

But it's mad. Every team is random. The players look like they don't know what what should be doing. They're played in incorrect positions.

It's frankly a shambles.

• Like 2

Guest mrbluesky
56 minutes ago, heppers said:

A few weeks ago the poll for Moore to stay or go was roughly 50:50

A poll from yesterday shows 90% want him gone.

Goodbye Darren.

Doesn't matter one jot if he stays or goes, sadly.