Darren Moore “we showed resilience today”

I’d like to point out to Darren that true resilience starts from the first whistle. We were second best in every facet of the game in the first half. There is no excuse for being second best in attitude and effort, ever.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 4

I heard Spielberg is planning a sequel to the film 300.  Look no further than Cambridge vs Wednesday, at 90 minutes it's about the right length for a film too.

Stand aside Butler, Patterson is now Hollywood's darling.

• Haha 2

Guest Mcguigan
7 hours ago, Box_Man said:

We just don’t set up to create multiple chances and therefore goals, look at the teams at the top of the table we are being left behind on goals scored it’s not even close.

The football is painful to watch 5 defenders try to knock it around it’s making my eyes bleed.

Look how our goal came about tonight long ball, flick on and decent finish.

Moore OUT and the back room staff as well!

We had 20 shots last night with 7 on target. Only Plymouth out of every team that played last night had more and that was by just 1 shot, 21-7.

On Saturday we had more shots/shots on target than all but 2 of the top 10 clubs.

The weird thing is, the games where we have a low shots/shots on target return are the games we’ve won. When we create loads, we either draw or lose.

Guest FoxOwl12

"we showed resilience today". But no bottle. Cambridge set out from the off to get into our faces and rough us up. Our lot couldn't handle it. End of.

Guest Derby owl
8 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

It’s not going to get any better with Moore, there is nothing I’ve seen in 13 games so far that gives me hope of improving performances. There is even less I have heard from him that makes me think there’ll be improvement either 

Yet people said give him time to bring his own players and staff in and 10 games or more to let them players  gel.

Guest mrbluesky

I'm sure he's going to be negative on camera 🙄

Actions speak louder than words, and our actions are very muted.

Don't get angry mad with lip service 

He's a poor communicator in front of the media. Although important for the fans and I wish he was better, it doesn't really matter. However,  his ability to communicate with the players is critical.  Maybe it's the cameras/microphones and associated pressure (I know I'd struggle) when in front of then media, but I suspect it's more deep routed and he just doesnt have the skills to communicate clearly.

The umms and errs, repeating himself whilst going around in circles doesn't give any confidence that he has the ability to get his message across in a way that is easy for the players to understand.  They all seem to like him and he does come across as a good guy, but that doesn't make him a good manager.

• Like 2

Yes Cambridge came at us hard, but instead of talking of resilience Moore ought to be asked why we were unable to string more than two passes together in the opposition half. Cambridge were not that good, we made them look far better than they actually were.

The persistence in playing from the back, lets even such limited opposition get hold of the ball in advanced positions and makes them appear threatening. Our goal was actually scored from far more direct play, take note DM. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve seen this one before. 

We stumble along to Christmas picking up a few points here and there. 

“We’re only x points behind play offs ffs” starts being posted more frequently. 

We pick up injuries and form worsens. 

Manager is sacked. 

Caretaker manager until late Feb, early March. New guy comes in and we achieve a midtable finish. 

Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 2