Hunt                                                Johnson

Denis, Bannan, Dele

Paterson, Gregory

Not sure whey Denis was missing today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Django said:

If Moore wants to keep his job then he needs to play 2 wingers and 2 up front 

Name your team then with two wingers and two up front. You’ll soon see the problems in central midfield. I believe the squad was assembled 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 in mind but Moore has no idea how to play it. However if we ever get Luongo, Windass and Gibson fit we might have a chance.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I’ve literally no idea now. 

Ive been wanting to see this team for a few weeks but we’ve changed formation now and looked slightly better

4D7086D6-F6ED-4CD8-89B2-4A94CF1ED7EB.jpeg

Aye, that seems like a good line up barring the sick, lame and lazy. I’m beginning to think Luongo and Windass have disappeared down the shower drain or summat. Hutch and Dennis both out today, so I’m not sure they’ll be fit enough for a midweek game.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter while ever Moore is manager. I'm not having any manager who signs a load of wingers and doesn't play wingers, just screams you don't know what you're doing. 

Brown is awful, but I'm not giving up on the other wingers just yet as it could be a case of miss management.

• Thanks 1

He needs to drop this ‘horses for courses’ mentality before it’s too late. I don’t think it works with L1 footballers. We’re coming to the end of October with zero idea of what our best side is, and players know it’s an absolute lottery what the next games side will be no matter how they play.   He needs to pick his best team, and a formation, with the next 3/4 games in mind, and go with it.

Assuming there is zero chance he’ll go 442, I’d gamble on this:

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Dunkley

Palmer 

Bannan

Adeniran

Berahino (we’ve got to roll the dice now we’ve got him and get him on the pitch using his pace)

Paterson

Shodipo (pace either side up top third)

Gregory 

Obviously if Luongo, Windass, Hutch are fit, they’re back in 

• Thanks 1

I am past the point of caring, we don't play the strongest team, we don't play the correct formation and too many under performing players are guaranteed starters.

Bannan you get 1 good game in 3 or 4, Paterson comes in plays well the first game and has been a passenger for the last 3. Brown will never be a left winger, he not much better at left back, we don't play wingers but have 4 on the bench, we have 2 fit centre backs, so some prat decide to play a 3-5-2.

The list of stupid decisions and players playing is endless.

4-4-2 is out best formation

BPF, Palmer, Iorfa, Dunkley, Hunt, Shodipo, FDB, Adeniran, Corbeanu, Berahino, Gregory.

Bench, Wildsmith, Brown, Bannan, Sow, Kamberi, Johnson, Adedoyin

It will of course never happen and we will continue dropping points that ultimately will mean is not making the top 6. Any half decent manage would have had this group of player a lot high and a lot more points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Name your team then with two wingers and two up front. You’ll soon see the problems in central midfield. I believe the squad was assembled 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 in mind but Moore has no idea how to play it. However if we ever get Luongo, Windass and Gibson fit we might have a chance.

That's how it feels to me. 

4-4-2 is only going to work if we play 1 proper winger and Bannan from the left with at least one of FDB, Luongo or Adeniran in the middle. 4-4-2 with 2 proper wingers and a central midfield with no holders/tacklers will get played through too easily.

3-5-2 worked today for around an hour but again falls down if we don't have a proper holder like Hutchinson or Luongo or the box to box of Adeniran/FDB. 

When we have played 4-3-3 it hasn't worked because we are too deep trying to play from the back and the wingers are easily nullified as they are too deep and we become more 4-5-1 with the striker isolated. 

4-2-3-1 should work with what we have, providing the wide attackers stay forward and the 2 sitting midfielders includes a tackler, unfortunately our midfield tacklers are injury prone. 

3-4-3 has been largely dismal and I'd quite happily bin that for the foreseeable future.