Your team v Cambridge

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

4-2-3-1 should work with what we have, providing the wide attackers stay forward and the 2 sitting midfielders includes a tackler,

Agree with most of that but we still lack a left footed left back and left footed centre back . Gibson seems injury prone and Brown apparently not trusted at left back. Until all this can be put right I fear we’ll continue to ship goals down the left. 
Truth is we need a proper left back plus Luongo Hutchinson Gibson and Windass fit and firing to have a chance of making  4-2-3-1 workable. 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313

Hall

Hunt      Iorfa    Hutchinson Gibson

Shodipo Adeniran Bannan Johnson

Paterson  Gregory

3 hours ago, Blatter said:

Agree with most of that but we still lack a left footed left back and left footed centre back . Gibson seems injury prone and Brown apparently not trusted at left back. Until all this can be put right I fear we’ll continue to ship goals down the left. 
Truth is we need a proper left back plus Luongo Hutchinson Gibson and Windass fit and firing to have a chance of making  4-2-3-1 workable. 

True, although I think Palmer has been as good at left-back as he has at right-back in the last couple of seasons. He'd be no good at left-wing back with the need to contribute more in an attacking sense but he has been reliable enough as a left-back. 

Interesting that Ipswich were 2-0 up away at Cambridge today and ended up drawing 2-2 giving away the equaliser in the 88th minute.

Paul Cook made comments about the size of the Cambridge players and the fact that once they got some corners towards the end of the game he was concerned.  they scored from an 88th minute corner.

speaking to an Ipswich supporting mate who went to the game he says Cambridge just kept pressuring their players into making errors and then getting the ball into the box as quickly as possible.

Could be another difficult away trip for us 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Farrell 

Hunt 

Big Dom 

Dunkley 

Johnson 

Shopido 

Aderanin 

Dele 

Corbeanou 

Gregory 

Berahino 

How I long for the day that our central midfield is made up of two athletic, energetic, mobile all round players capable of passing, tackling, running, heading, shooting…… and letting our creativity come from two out and out wide men given licence to just attack rather than covering the gaps left by our powderpuff midfield. 

• Like 3

Wildsmith

Iorfa Dunkley Palmer

Hunt Fizz Bannan Adeniran Johnson

Paterson Gregory

In the absence of Hutch and Gibson this is our best line-up. Brown and Berahino must not start. If Fizz is injured then Wing. 

Looks like Moore has no faith in his Summer wingers. Therefore we need to go 352 and find two WBs, and I think Hunt and Johnson are most suited to that role. I also believe our squad is best served by 352; it bolsters the middle, allows a strike partnership, and hides our lack of a LB.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Wildsmith

Iorfa Dunkley Palmer

Paterson Gregory

In the absence of Hutch and Gibson this is our best line-up. Brown and Berahino must not start. If Fizz is injured then Wing. 

Looks like Moore has no faith in his Summer wingers. Therefore we need to go 352 and find two WBs, and I think Hunt and Johnson are most suited to that role. I also believe our squad is best served by 352; it bolsters the middle, allows a strike partnership, and hides our lack of a LB.

Ye, I would go with that if Dennis is fit. Moore has recruited for a 433 but maybe we could be more efficient as a 3-5-2 unit as we have 2 up front and more importantly our wide players in the 3 are not playing well enough. 

I also think that getting Hutch and Luongo fit and staying fit is crucial to any success we have this season. 

BPF back in, but apart from that, the same team.

Ordinarily I'd want Adeniran back in, but Dele Bashiru did nothing wrong and deserves to keep his place. 

Despite the hysteria over the result, we started to look like a semi coherent team. Need to build on that, not make a raft of changes and start again. 

42 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Wildsmith

Iorfa Dunkley Palmer

Paterson Gregory

Totally agree with that line up and formation 

The back 3 all look comfortable 

Gives us bodies in midfield where we have been overrun all season 

and 2 up front that put themselves about

Our problem yesterday was at 2-0 up instead of holding our shape we had players like Iorfa bombing forward, he was like a right winger at times 

then the crackpot substitution 

Stick with 3 5 2 

and play your best players available 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Can we all now agree that brown is no good?

Fizz me last game everyone had brown in their teams and hated Johnson, now everyone’s slating brown after 1 bad game as if Johnson is the new messiah🤣

some Swfc fans 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WendyOK said:

Fizz me last game everyone had brown in their teams and hated Johnson, now everyone’s slating brown after 1 bad game as if Johnson is the new messiah🤣

some Swfc fans 

Tbf Brown had a bad game against Wimbledon, but he's still young and not sure he's suited to a wing-back role.

We could have the same issue with Johnson tbf if we stay with wing-backs, but it's probably worth taking Brown out of the firing line after a poor game. Plus Johnson hasn't been bad this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Owl247 said:

Interesting that Ipswich were 2-0 up away at Cambridge today and ended up drawing 2-2 giving away the equaliser in the 88th minute.

Paul Cook made comments about the size of the Cambridge players and the fact that once they got some corners towards the end of the game he was concerned.  they scored from an 88th minute corner.

speaking to an Ipswich supporting mate who went to the game he says Cambridge just kept pressuring their players into making errors and then getting the ball into the box as quickly as possible.

Could be another difficult away trip for us 

It sound's like an "Oh Bugger" game.

We have not done well against any team the pressures our midfield since 2015-16 season.

• Like 1