Pre-Match Press Conference

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

2 excellent keepers 🤔

We've got one excellent keeper but he's only 17 and is a long way from ready.

We've got one good keeper who has a habit of making bad mistakes

We've got another who isn't consistent.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Disappointing players missing with injury, but may be a blessing in disguise. Less opportunity to mess with the team and keep a settled side. 

I'm not sure a team in Wimbledon's position have really been playing "wonderful' football. Hope yes just being kind and don't set up scared of them. This starts a run of games this month we need to be winning. 

It will look wonderful next to ours

37 minutes ago, Ronio said:

For once, I would like to see us go after teams, with brute force if necessary.  

Players hunting in packs, closing them down high up the pitch.  The last game against Bolton, countless times I saw Pato trying to encourage the other attackers to close their players down, it was like they were in two minds.

This weekend I would like to see us take the game by the balls and attack.  Dominate the game from start to finish.  Put the fear into the opposition.  

Dream on

9 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

Waffle

Aren't the vast majority of press conferences up and down the football league, though?

When was the last time a manager said something particularly insightful or noteworthy in one of these things? 

Most of the time they give an injury update, respectfully mention what a challenge the opponents pose without going into any specifics, and try to get out of there without giving away anything in terms of tactics, formations, or selections.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Aren't the vast majority of press conferences up and down the football league, though?

When was the last time a manager said something particularly insightful or noteworthy in one of these things? 

Most of the time they give an injury update, respectfully mention what a challenge the opponents pose without going into any specifics, and try to get out of there without giving away anything in terms of tactics, formations, or selections.

Of course they are.

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

If this was football manager, I'd be saying.

"I expect a win from this game boys"

"A team such as ours should be easily beating teams like this"

Instead we get words of fragility.

It’s a manger’s job to motivate his own team in private, not the opposition in public.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If I were Moore I would have said...

We will defend in numbers,  play out patiently and cautiously from the back...play one up front so their goalie has someone to talk to.

If subs are needed, will be like for like.

Their manager would think..he's bluffing no team plays like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Managers probably hate doing these endless press conferences, I’m sure he’s not telling the players the same behind closed doors. 

Last thing you want to do is motivate the opposition by saying they’re rubbish, in poor form, and we should steam roller them. 

If we play sh!t and lose on Saturday, pan him then; not a day or 2 before the kick off. 

• Like 3