Pre-Match Press Conference

Guest Willow Owl
8 minutes ago, vulva said:

When Wednesday fans get their teeth into a manager it’s game over. The most negative fanbase in British football. Moore hasn’t got a chance. 

Mate, they are absolutely embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Managers probably hate doing these endless press conferences, I’m sure he’s not telling the players the same behind closed doors. 

Last thing you want to do is motivate the opposition by saying they’re rubbish, in poor form, and we should steam roller them. 

If we play sh!t and lose on Saturday, pan him then; not a day or 2 before the kick off. 

The evidence we have from the way we approach games tells me he absolutely is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

When Wednesday fans get their teeth into a manager it’s game over. The most negative fanbase in British football. Moore hasn’t got a chance. 

Inevitable given that we have watched a very slow death for a quarter of a century, with only rare moments where there was any cause for optimism.

I can't think of many other clubs with a history as rich as ours who have had half as much to moan about for such a prolonged period! If we weren't negative now when might we ever be allowed to be! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vulva said:

Or maybe they are experts in shytemanagers and can spot them a mile off 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

That's what watching twenty years of failure does to a fanbase. 

I always think this is an interesting point. If a club like Tottenham or Everton had been relegated from the PL with a sh*te team in 2000, and had the managers/players/performances/results we’ve had for the past 21 years,  how would their fans be feeling now? Largely positive about life?  And would they be getting more than 23k attendance for home games in league 1? 

• Thanks 2

There's still a long way to go in Moore's story whether "we" like it or not. It's a weird dynamic at the moment, from my own pov I can't recall ever being quite so frustrated at what I'm seeing (or not seeing), likewise being flat even when we manage a win, all quite odd.

I maintain he can still win over the most vocal of detractors, it just needs the fundamentals to fall into place. (That won't happen unless he makes some tactical and selection adjustments though).

I keep saying, he brings so many positives to the job outside of the apparent blackhole that is his tactical approach.......It really would be a shame if everything he managed to achieve in the most demanding of closed seasons went down the sh!tter because of this.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I’ve got a feeling that most people’s problems with the manager are nothing to do with football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I’ve got a feeling that most people’s problems with the manager are nothing to do with football.

Moore isn’t beyond criticism. It’s not great at the minute, but with so many new players it was always going to take time. And I do think the standard of this league is a lot higher than what it was when we were here last time.

But Wednesday fans do love sacking a manager. 

As for the point I think you are making, with respect, I think that’s ballacks. Nothing to do with it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ronio said:

For once, I would like to see us go after teams, with brute force if necessary.  

Players hunting in packs, closing them down high up the pitch.  The last game against Bolton, countless times I saw Pato trying to encourage the other attackers to close their players down, it was like they were in two minds.

This weekend I would like to see us take the game by the balls and attack.  Dominate the game from start to finish.  Put the fear into the opposition.  

We've had one manager in 20 or so years that managed to get us playing like that though.

1 manager in 20 years, for 1 season.

And half the fan base, looking back, don't like him and blame him for all sorts. 

We have a new, young manager trying to build something now. But half have written him off already.

It's amazing. Good luck Darren. Or whoever replaces you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Box_Man said:

I want him to say...Wimbledon have won just once in the last 5 so they will be fighting for their lives it will be a tough away game so we have to meet that challenge head on, if we play our football, play to our strengths and dictate the game, create chances we should get a positive result. The fans expect us to deliver a perfomance on the pitch and thats exactly what we are going to do and hopefully go home with the 3 points... something like that would be a start!!

My retort would be who is the ventriloquist and who is the dummy lol 

1 minute ago, Otley Owl said:

We've had one manager in 20 or so years that managed to get us playing like that though.

1 manager in 20 years, for 1 season.

And half the fan base, looking back, don't like him and blame him for all sorts. 

We have a new, young manager trying to build something now. But half have written him off already.

It's amazing. Good luck Darren. Or whoever replaces you.

Fair points you make, maybe I am looking at it in an ideal sense that is detached from actual reality, but I do believe we have the players to do that.  

It is something that we should be building towards.  After all, we are now playing  in the third division, against weaker opposition, so it is achievable imo.  

I do like Moore, and I fully back the manager for the season ahead.  

Having said that, there is a proportion of the fan base who want him out, I simply look at areas where we could and can improve on, something that would get more fans back on side.

Watching the last game nearly sent me to sleep, I would like to see a more proactive approach to how we set up, to how we break teams down, we need to make it more enjoyable and exciting  to watch us again.  If we do that, then I can't see many fans being too unhappy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Box_Man said:

I want him to say...Wimbledon have won just once in the last 5 so they will be fighting for their lives it will be a tough away game so we have to meet that challenge head on, if we play our football, play to our strengths and dictate the game, create chances we should get a positive result. The fans expect us to deliver a perfomance on the pitch and thats exactly what we are going to do and hopefully go home with the 3 points... something like that would be a start!!

Yep that's more like it, the more I listen to him the worse it gets.

4 hours ago, Sham67 said:

What do you want him to say. Wimbledon are sh*t and we should win this in our sleep.  What effect do you think that would have on the opposition?

Err no 

But he doesn't need to be saying they are playing wonderful football either , stop arse licking the opposition Darren and being so bloody nice , no wonder we aren't winning enough games with this nicey nicey approach !