Pre-Match Press Conference

53 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

9th in the League,  5 points off top spot,  1 point off the play offs, joint second best defensive record, 45% win rate…..

Oh the garbage that is being served up

FFS. 

Interesting 

You think things are going well then ?

21 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Yes Ive seen us play, thanks for asking. 

We’re 9th in the League,  5 points off top spot,  1 point off the play offs, joint second best defensive record, 45% win rate….Explain how that is garbage

Next 3 games should be a breeze then 

8 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Interesting 

You think things are going well then ?

We finished bottom of the Championship with zero fight. We weren’t paying wages on time. We didn’t post our accounts on time. We’re playing under the shadow of a suspended points deduction. We lost 15 players that we replaced with 14 free transfer cast-offs and loanees. Most of which I’d never heard of. We are still hampered with some over paid, under performing veterans. Given all that I’m fine being a point off the play-offs and 5 points off too spot. 
What did you expect ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There are some sadly predictable comments regarding what I viewed as a very good club post in relation to black history month.

However, I think most fans on here and the majority of Wednesday fans in general have simply voiced some justifiable concerns with the way the manager is approaching games and the teams he is picking/formation he is playing. These concerns are absolutely football related. 

It really unfair to label MOST PEOPLE as having a problem with the manager that is not football related. 

Most people would be a stretch, I'd totally agree. 

Edited by Maddogbob

On 14/10/2021 at 20:33, Southie_Owl said:

I always think this is an interesting point. If a club like Tottenham or Everton had been relegated from the PL with a sh*te team in 2000, and had the managers/players/performances/results we’ve had for the past 21 years,  how would their fans be feeling now? Largely positive about life?  And would they be getting more than 23k attendance for home games in league 1? 

Last sentence, NO they would not. We are the best fans in the country, bar none.

I try to be positive, and will go to Hillsborough for ever,  but I can understand the outrage felt by fans who have been woefully let down for 25 years.

12 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

You can’t blame the current manager for decades of decline though. At some stage you have to give a manager a chance to completely rebuild the club and 11 games isn’t giving someone a chance,  Let alone using press conferences as a stick to beat him with. 
Never get this “rich history” We haven’t won the 1st division / Premier league for 90 years, the FA cup for 85 years. We have 1 major trophy since the war. 
Ive been watching Wednesday since 74 and apart from a period in the early 90’s, when we dined with the big boys. We have been up and down more times than a tarts knickers. 

My point wasn't necessarily about Moore, it was more about most fans having been through the mill since the good times in the early 90s. It is understandable, that many fans, myself included, see things rather negatively! It's safer! 

Guest Willow Owl
10 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

My point wasn't necessarily about Moore, it was more about most fans having been through the mill since the good times in the early 90s. It is understandable, that many fans, myself included, see things rather negatively! It's safer! 

Fair enough 👍

40 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

We finished bottom of the Championship with zero fight. We weren’t paying wages on time. We didn’t post our accounts on time. We’re playing under the shadow of a suspended points deduction. We lost 15 players that we replaced with 14 free transfer cast-offs and loanees. Most of which I’d never heard of. We are still hampered with some over paid, under performing veterans. Given all that I’m fine being a point off the play-offs and 5 points off too spot. 
What did you expect ?

At the minimum I would expect our manager to know his best team after 11 games and had some idea on a settled formation and some tactical nous and maybe be able to affect games in a positive when using his substitutions .

not much sign of that at the moment 

20 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Moore doesn’t help himself with his press conferences and post match “insights”.

They have only a tenuous link with reality, are often contradictory from sentence to sentence, and the delivery is as dull as.

One can only imagine what his delivery is like in the dressing room.

12 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Yes Ive seen us play, thanks for asking. 

We’re 9th in the League,  5 points off top spot,  1 point off the play offs, joint second best defensive record, 45% win rate….Explain how that is garbage

I already have.

If you have seen us play and you are happy with the football you are watching then you are either very easily pleased or you don’t understand football.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

At the minimum I would expect our manager to know his best team after 11 games and had some idea on a settled formation and some tactical nous and maybe be able to affect games in a positive when using his substitutions .

not much sign of that at the moment 

So the 8 games out of 11 where we have picked up points were gifted to us by the tooth fairy? You don’t believe the manager had any positive input in those games? 

24 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I already have.

If you have seen us play and you are happy with the football you are watching then you are either very easily pleased or you don’t understand football.

Aah. The last resort of the keyboard warrior.  “If you don’t agree with my point of view, you don’t understand” 

Bless you. 

10 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Aah. The last resort of the keyboard warrior.  “If you don’t agree with my point of view, you don’t understand” 

Bless you. 

In fairness I said either you didn’t understand football OR you were very easily pleased.lol