Pre-Match Press Conference

DM: Hutchinson, Gibson, Byers and Mass won't be available this weekend #swfc

DM: Bailey Peacock-Farrell returned today, we'll assess him over the next 24 hours and see how he is. We're glad to have him back in the building #swfc

DM: We have two excellent goalkeepers battling for the spot, I know about Joe and what he is capable of. I wasn't surprised by the way he has performed this last week. He has done really well #swfc

DM: We were really pleased with the three points last week and now have another exciting encounter this weekend. We keep working and striving to perform and perform well. Every week is a different challenge and we are looking forward to the next #swfc

DM: There is a lot of football to be played, we focus on one game at a time and put all our energies into the next game. They are playing some wonderful football, it will be a good footballing match on Saturday and we're looking forward to it #swfc

DM: We have got to concentrate on our approach and consistently do the right things. We will have to perform well. We want to kick on, we want to keep moving #swfc

Disappointing players missing with injury, but may be a blessing in disguise. Less opportunity to mess with the team and keep a settled side. 

I'm not sure a team in Wimbledon's position have really been playing "wonderful' football. Hope yes just being kind and don't set up scared of them. This starts a run of games this month we need to be winning. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

The thing is we don’t concentrate on our approach, we should be going out to attack teams, instead we sit back and worry about what some of these lesser teams are going to do. 

Agreed.  We should be taking control of the game and get at them.  Let them worry about us as opposed to the other way around.  

What I find baffling sometimes is why we set ourselves up to counter attack against an inferior team, makes no sense whatsoever.  

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Agreed.  We should be taking control of the game and get at them.  Let them worry about us as opposed to the other way around.  

What I find baffling sometimes is why we set ourselves up to counter attack against an inferior team, makes no sense whatsoever.  

Absolutely.... can't understand what DM is doing here, we need an attacking method of play developing which can be tailored for certain matches eg. Wigan, not constantly changing to meet the opposition tactics

Take the game to them.....

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Absolutely.... can't understand what DM is doing here, we need an attacking method of play developing which can be tailored for certain matches eg. Wigan, not constantly changing to meet the opposition tactics

Take the game to them.....

For once, I would like to see us go after teams, with brute force if necessary.  

Players hunting in packs, closing them down high up the pitch.  The last game against Bolton, countless times I saw Pato trying to encourage the other attackers to close their players down, it was like they were in two minds.

This weekend I would like to see us take the game by the balls and attack.  Dominate the game from start to finish.  Put the fear into the opposition.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Box_Man said:

Wimbledon playing wonderful football...they are 15th and have lost 3 of the last 4.

Whatever Darren...usual load of incoherent rubbish. 

What do you want him to say. Wimbledon are sh*t and we should win this in our sleep.  What effect do you think that would have on the opposition?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Box_Man said:

Wimbledon playing wonderful football...they are 15th and have lost 3 of the last 4.

Whatever Darren...usual load of incoherent rubbish. 

He’s got to be winding us up with that comment yet Saturday will show he’s not when we line up like we are playing Real Madrid.