Pre-Match Press Conference

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

We should scrap these press conferences and just send a written update on injury status for players.  There is nothing the manager can say now without howling protests at every word he utters.  He would be better off spending the time he wastes doing these on something else.

You mean like teach the players how to shoot on target.

21 shots on target, in 7 league games with only 6 goals is poor by any teams standard.

When you have the squad of players we have it is even worse.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I have never said settle for crap. I said a manager needs time to completely rebuild this club. Alarm bells are ringing in a small but vocal minority fans who think they know all about football based on press conferences and football manager. Same who expect us to be winning games 4-0 playing like Man City in league one, Then of course those of us that live in the real world. It’s obvious there’s a plan didn’t you listen to what the players who have signed said about Moore and his plans for the future. 

What’s the plan then ?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

21 shots on target, in 7 league games with only 6 goals is poor by any teams standard.

A goal for every 3.5 shots on target is very good. In fact we are in the top 3 for converting chances.

We just don't make enough chances...is that what you meant?

6 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

A goal for every 3.5 shots on target is very good. In fact we are in the top 3 for converting chances.

We're 14th for goals to shots this season, same with goals to shots on target, we score 0.09 goals per shot. 10 from 110. We have 36 shots on target. Morcambe have scored 19 from 36 on target.

3 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

We're 14th for goals to shots this season, same with goals to shots on target, we score 0.09 goals per shot. 10 from 110. We have 36 shots on target. Morcambe have scored 19 from 36 on target.

We score a goal every 90 mins with 3 attempts on target on average per game.

9 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

We have failed to win 5 of the 6 games we have conceded a goal in, we dropped points against Shrewsbury, Ipswich because of errors but if the team were producing more chance and having more shot at goal we would be scoring more goals in this league, the amount of scuffed goals or keeper mistakes is very high but we are in the third division. But if the shots are not even on target we have no chance.

Most play-off teams in league one score around the 70 goals mark, to finish top 2 it's normally around the 80+ mark.

The last time we got promoted from league one we scored 81 goals conceding 48. If we don't start scoring more goals we are going to drop a lot more points and every player error will cost us points.

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

We score a goal every 90 mins with 3 attempts on target on average per game.

Bit less, we've played 11, scored 10.

Either way, we're near the bottom for every attacking stat, bar crosses, in which we're 10th, 19 crosses per game.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

We have failed to win 5 of the 6 games we have conceded a goal in, we dropped points against Shrewsbury, Ipswich because of errors but if the team were producing more chance and having more shot at goal we would be scoring more goals in this league, the amount of scuffed goals or keeper mistakes is very high but we are in the third division. But if the shots are not even on target we have no chance.

Most play-off teams in league one score around the 70 goals mark, to finish top 2 it's normally around the 80+ mark.

The last time we got promoted from league one we scored 81 goals conceding 48. If we don't start scoring more goals we are going to drop a lot more points and every player error will cost us points.

Agreed

We need to create more chances. Then the goals will follow. As i said we do convert chances on a decent scale.

But (btw i'm not a fan of Moore's game plan) we are 1pt out of the play offs with a game in hand over the team above us.

And I agree we are playing boring negative football at the mo.

8 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Well given the reaction on social media to a post from the club, in the last 24 hours.  It wouldn't be unfair to suggest such a thing, given the evidence.

There are some sadly predictable comments regarding what I viewed as a very good club post in relation to black history month.

However, I think most fans on here and the majority of Wednesday fans in general have simply voiced some justifiable concerns with the way the manager is approaching games and the teams he is picking/formation he is playing. These concerns are absolutely football related. 

It really unfair to label MOST PEOPLE as having a problem with the manager that is not football related. 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There are some sadly predictable comments regarding what I viewed as a very good club post in relation to black history month.

However, I think most fans on here and the majority of Wednesday fans in general have simply voiced some justifiable concerns with the way the manager is approaching games and the teams he is picking/formation he is playing. These concerns are absolutely football related. 

It really unfair to label MOST PEOPLE as having a problem with the manager that is not football related. 

Agreed. There is a huge problem with racism in this country and in football specifically. But I honestly don’t think anyone is helping by trying to imply the majority of people are critical of the way Sheffield Wednesday are playing football because our manager is black. People are critical because we play a bafflingly slow pace of super dull football. No more than that. 

11 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

9th in the League,  5 points off top spot,  1 point off the play offs, joint second best defensive record, 45% win rate…..

Oh the garbage that is being served up

FFS. 

It is garbage that is being served up. Have you seen us play!?

We are awful to watch and even in the matches that we’ve won we’ve been second best in plenty of them.

The manager chops and changes his side on a weekly basis, there is no sign of a plan, no sign of week on week progress and no sign of this side gelling…. Which is frustrating given the fact that we’ve been told so many times that the minute this side gels we’ll start hammering teams.

This group of players will not make the top 6 in May under this manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Agreed. There is a huge problem with racism in this country and in football specifically. But I honestly don’t think anyone is helping by trying to imply the majority of people are critical of the way Sheffield Wednesday are playing football because our manager is black. People are critical because we play a bafflingly slow pace of super dull football. No more than that. 

I think there is a huge problem with a very small minority. A tiny minority that have a huge voice because of social media. 

• Love 2

13 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

It is garbage that is being served up. Have you seen us play!?

We are awful to watch and even in the matches that we’ve won we’ve been second best in plenty of them.

The manager chops and changes his side on a weekly basis, there is no sign of a plan, no sign of week on week progress and no sign of this side gelling…. Which is frustrating given the fact that we’ve been told so many times that the minute this side gels we’ll start hammering teams.

This group of players will not make the top 6 in May under this manager.

Yes Ive seen us play, thanks for asking. 

We’re 9th in the League,  5 points off top spot,  1 point off the play offs, joint second best defensive record, 45% win rate….Explain how that is garbage

• Like 1