Bolton Gaffer

7 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

He did get lucky at one point. His yellow was soft but hauled Lee down on the edge of our box which would’ve been a yellow in most games but the ref bottled giving him the red.

Not sure his yellow was soft, he over-ran the ball as he has a tendency to do when getting frustrated at our poor play and tries to bring it out from the back. He didn't have too many complaints when he received it.

Had the foul on Lee on the edge of the box been committed by a player without a yellow card to his name then the ref would have booked him for sure. 

I thought they looked pretty mediocre today (we weren’t much better) and they offered nothing in the final third.

If he says that him and his coaching staff are improving every player in their squad, then I think they need to work a bit harder with their attacking players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

I thought they looked pretty mediocre today (we weren’t much better) and they offered nothing in the final third.

If he says that him and his coaching staff are improving every player in their squad, then I think they need to work a bit harder with their attacking players.

Er, more than a bit harder with Kachunga. 

Perform bloody miracles if they want to make a striker out of him

• Haha 1

Embarrassing. Comical Ali gave more convincing press conferences. Bolton played some nice football in patches, but they had 1 shot on target all game.

"Dapo was about to shoot... and probably score....!" Clutching at straws.

Concerning for Bolton fans if he actually believes any of that. They should be asking him why against a team as bad at closing out games as us, they got less and less threatening for the last 15 minutes.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Wednesday were terrible but Wildsmith had one decent save to make in the whole match.

Bolton were nearly as bad as us and created very little.

Exactly this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Based on their performance today, Notlob have an overblown and unwarranted high opinion of their own game.

In fact, they looked even more uncomfortable than us, in trying to play the ball out from the back.

It was comical defending from both teams at times today!

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Absolute embarrassing assessment of the game, that first minute is absolute poo . We were average, but in no shape or form we’re they completely dominant for 90 minutes - couldn’t break us down after the goal and we absorbed the lot.

Unlucky son. 

What a clown salty as anything 

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Oxford were better than them first half last weekend. 

Us last week against Oxford first half was as bad as I can remember  . And I’m remembering from about 1967 onwards. We were truly awful against an extremely average Oxford side . Filled me with dread about what’s to come under the current regime.

We gifted them many chances with our suicidal playing from the back and woeful defending. But they over elaborated endlessly in the final third of the pitch. I’d have been pîssed off if I was Bolton manager and hadn’t won that game because Bolton didn’t take the gifts they were given! I’d be furious at my players for not putting us to the sword!

Defensively they weren’t great either. We were garbage but still scored and had two terrific chances to score- Gregory header and Berahino after their defensive error. No team collapses like we do and they didn’t pressure us at all in the last 10 mins or so. Even the two corners in injury time didn’t feel scary. 

Good on em for bringing 3000 fans though. 

8 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Us last week against Oxford first half was as bad as I can remember  . And I’m remembering from about 1967 onwards. We were truly awful against an extremely average Oxford side . Filled me with dread about what’s to come under the current regime.

Try remembering 2020 then. 24th - 31st October 2020 was three games in a row that were much, much worse than Oxford last week.

Sheffield Wednesday 0 - 1 Luton Town

Rotherham 3 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday

Wycombe 1 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday

• Like 1