Bolton Gaffer

I must've been spiked, the guy is spot on. Clearly the better side and should've been out of sight.m 

That said, their lack of urgency when they went 1 down was bizarre. They seemed happy to lose. 

This chap has built a team that plays out from the back that cut us open again and again. 

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So Iorfa should have been off the pitch ? What was that about, ******* !

Iorfa was on a yellow when he stopped a guy getting into the box at the end of the first half. Blatant yellow, which would've been his second. 

Very lucky indeed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Django said:

Tbh they should have been out of site before we scored 

They had one glorious chance when Gibson dropped a ball and then 3 further clear cut chances in the 2nd half 

Rode our luck big time 

I thought we had the better of the chances. Obviously the goal, the strike that hit the post and the strike from Gregory that was well turned over the bar by their keeper. Wildsmith made one good save, and one good punch clear the only other noteworthy happening was the scramble that Wildsmith blocked with his legs, not a clear cut chance IMHO.

7 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Absolute embarrassing assessment of the game, that first minute is absolute poo . We were average, but in no shape or form we’re they completely dominant for 90 minutes - couldn’t break us down after the goal and we absorbed the lot.

Unlucky son. 

I thought they were extremely poor going forward but they were the better side. 

8 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Try remembering 2020 then. 24th - 31st October 2020 was three games in a row that were much, much worse than Oxford last week.

Sheffield Wednesday 0 - 1 Luton Town

Rotherham 3 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday

Wycombe 1 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday

I’m surprised that a united fan hasn’t got that tattooed on his arm. 😀😀😀

Talking to a few Bolton fans before the game they said that pretty much like us they have no plan B. 

I told them the best thing that could happen is for us to score first, and if they pushed and pressed after that they would equalise and more than likely go in to get a winner. 

after we scored we did sit deeper and invited them in. They just didn’t press hard enough. 

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Plymouth by some distance for me. Others like Oxford have looked good in periods but you’d expect that to be fair. 

to be fair we made Plymouth look good. We were absolutely dire. 

Fan's and poster's were predicting a severe beating for us yesterday, 0-4,0-5 .

But they never looked really dangerous, our defence dealt well with what is, allegedly, the most potent attacking force in the division.

We won, that's all you can do, how is irelevent.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ANDY said:

to be fair we made Plymouth look good. We were absolutely dire. 

To be fair you could apply that to every team we’ve played 😂 We’ve been so poor with the exception of the odd period here and there.

Plymouth are decent though, I feel it would be doing them a disservice to say that result and performance was solely down to us being sh!te.

Bolton are the same as us. Trying to play out from the back, passing it around the back four but with players who aren't good enough to do it!

So the end result was the crap that was served up yesterday; two poor teams.

Whoever is brave enough to play all out attack and not be afraid of the opposition will romp this league.

10 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Try remembering 2020 then. 24th - 31st October 2020 was three games in a row that were much, much worse than Oxford last week.

Sheffield Wednesday 0 - 1 Luton Town

Rotherham 3 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday

Wycombe 1 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday

I didn’t see any of those. I can only judge games I’ve seen. Thankfully I didn’t do I follow at all.

a decent side would have hammered us ,bolton aint as good as they think . this is 1 of the worst teams to ever play for us , seriously we would struggle in the national league with darren moore as manager . we beat mansfield reserves with a last min goal and could have lost the game who aint won in 11 they would certainly struggle at that level. if we get drawn in fa cup away at national league north i can see us getting humiliated we are that bad with as bad a manager as the club has had in its recent history. anyone who thinks different is delusional 

1 hour ago, Stripes or die said:

Bolton are the same as us. Trying to play out from the back, passing it around the back four but with players who aren't good enough to do it!

So the end result was the crap that was served up yesterday; two poor teams.

Whoever is brave enough to play all out attack and not be afraid of the opposition will romp this league.

bolton didnt have a final ball or cutting edge yesterday but they are scoring twice as many this season and are entertaining there supporters , when are we going to win 5-2 away at ipswich and 4-1 away at charlton? in those games i think we had 2 shots on goal combined 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Fan's and poster's were predicting a severe beating for us yesterday, 0-4,0-5 .

But they never looked really dangerous, our defence dealt well with what is, allegedly, the most potent attacking force in the division.

We won, that's all you can do, how is irelevent.

play that game 10 times and we would win the 1 by 1-0 thats what happened yesterday ,we are awful and everybody sees it 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, morganowl said:

bolton didnt have a final ball or cutting edge yesterday but they are scoring twice as many this season and are entertaining there supporters , when are we going to win 5-2 away at ipswich and 4-1 away at charlton? in those games i think we had 2 shots on goal combined 

Yeah, I spoke to a few Bolton fans in fairness ,   All really entertained with a 1-0 defeat !  They couldn’t have been happier