Bolton Gaffer

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Yeah, I spoke to a few Bolton fans in fairness ,   All really entertained with a 1-0 defeat !  They couldn’t have been happier 

thats cause they know these things in football happen but if they play as they have this season they will continue to be entertained score goals etc. while we play awful football and will try and scrap a few 1-0 wins 

Just now, morganowl said:

thats cause they know these things in football happen but if they play as they have this season they will continue to be entertained score goals etc. while we play awful football and will try and scrap a few 1-0 wins 

If they play like they did yesterday they’ll carry on losing games though won’t they,  remind me again how many goals they scored ??   For all there possession and ‘entertaining’ football they lost, once we scored they never looked like breaking us down 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If they play like they did yesterday they’ll carry on losing games though won’t they,  remind me again how many goals they scored ??   For all there possession and ‘entertaining’ football they lost, once we scored they never looked like breaking us down 

If they had Gregory up front instead of Doyle it probably would have been a different story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

this season twice as many goals , there stats for creating are in top few in division while we are something like 21st for creating chances , we were lucky that when in good areas they made a poor crosses when it was easier to find there man for a tap in . we cant play this type of football week in week out and get success , they will very likely be in the playoffs while we might scrap 12th . 

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

If they had Gregory up front instead of Doyle it probably would have been a different story.

Every chance,  I’m a huge fan of Gregory , thought he put a reyt shift in yesterday 

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

this season twice as many goals , there stats for creating are in top few in division while we are something like 21st for creating chances , we were lucky that when in good areas they made a poor crosses when it was easier to find there man for a tap in . we cant play this type of football week in week out and get success , they will very likely be in the playoffs while we might scrap 12th . 

Scraping 12th now are we ?  Thought you said earlier we would get pumped in northern premier ?? 

Bolton play from the back..as bad as us at fooookin about.

In fact same points as us but we have a game in hand on them.

For all their 'marvelous' football they had one shot on target yesterday.

Their manager is a foooking knobhead...though he talks a good game, so that's worth at least 10pts...according to some.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stripes or die said:

Bolton are the same as us. Trying to play out from the back, passing it around the back four but with players who aren't good enough to do it!

So the end result was the crap that was served up yesterday; two poor teams.

Whoever is brave enough to play all out attack and not be afraid of the opposition will romp this league.

Spot on! Two very poor teams, IMO.

4 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Scraping 12th now are we ?  Thought you said earlier we would get pumped in northern premier ?? 

We scrapped a last min goal against no win in 11 mansfield with 9 players out they would struggle in the national league. We scrapped a 1-0 win at chester at nat league north level and similar with alfreton . We would struggle to score at that level ,im hoping for a york or chester in fa cup but we could get turned over. 

This is how he constantly speaks to the media. I started following Bolton when Lee signed and this is his rhetoric every single week. Literally every game this season they should have won according to him. I'm not saying they didn't play the more progressive, attractive football but he gives these media interviews all the time.

• Haha 1

On 09/10/2021 at 22:05, NeonLeon said:

He did get lucky at one point. His yellow was soft but hauled Lee down on the edge of our box which would’ve been a yellow in most games but the ref bottled giving him the red.

He never hauled Lee down, it was a collision, unintentional foul but not a booking. 

• Like 1

On 09/10/2021 at 21:02, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So Iorfa should have been off the pitch ? What was that about, ******* !

What about the tackle by Eoin wotisface on a wed's defender while he was in midair, that is a sending off in both Rugby codes, never mind Football.

• Like 1

He also claimed that Lee felt "letdown" by us when he was released. 

Lee actually said that wasn't true in his post-match interview. 

Mr Evatt seems like your atypical lower league, nobody gobsh*te with a chip on his shoulder. 

A poundland Steve Evans before he discovered Greggs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Talksport 2 had neutral commentators and their end of match summary was 

Bolton were more fluid and looked the better side up to the goal.

Wednesday have some excellent individual players so they always have a chance of scoring even when not playing well

Once Bolton went 0-1 down you expected a reaction but for some reason Bolton became disjointed 

In the last 20 minutes the Wednesday defence wasn’t put under enough pressure and ended the match quite comfortable.

Ultimately these 2 teams were quite evenly matches and I expect both to be up there 

Neither are good enough for top 2 but both have a chance of pinching the final play-off spot.

21 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

Talksport 2 had neutral commentators and their end of match summary was 

Bolton were more fluid and looked the better side up to the goal.

Wednesday have some excellent individual players so they always have a chance of scoring even when not playing well

Once Bolton went 0-1 down you expected a reaction but for some reason Bolton became disjointed 

In the last 20 minutes the Wednesday defence wasn’t put under enough pressure and ended the match quite comfortable.

Ultimately these 2 teams were quite evenly matches and I expect both to be up there 

Neither are good enough for top 2 but both have a chance of pinching the final play-off spot.

I knew there was a reason not to listen to talksport😉

• Haha 1