Would you be happy if Mohammed Bin Salman was bankrolling our club?

No I would not be happy.

Did you see the Fever Pitch series on bbc? (It’s still on Iplayer)

It chronicles the early days of the premier league & is probably split 50/50 between football nostalgia & the cooperate side of things.

The business side of football has just become more & more cutthroat.

It spoils the game for me a bit.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Why are people getting so emotional about these guys buying clubs? 

it’s so overly dramatic, how does it take away the emotional attachment exactly? 

I don’t see any of that at kick off time when everyone’s cheering and supporting the team, in elation when we win? (Which is never in our case but doesn’t change the point) 

And again, most fans have absolutely no problem if it’s their club being taken over by a billionaire, signing great players and shooting up the table? 

this whole ‘the game has gone’ guff is getting boring.

Football has never been so popular across all leagues 

I guess for some it is because they have a connection to their club because they feel it represents their city and values. Probably in the same way that some wouldn't be happy if a player that had a dubious past signed, they would find it hard to get behind them etc. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Your just demonstrating why the games gone.

Money from anywhere, dosn't matter how bloody, as long as it's money to feed the addiction.

Football is the biggest hyperbole going.

I mean, let’s look at it objectively. As soon as sky started and more games were televised across the world, this was always going to happen.

Football clubs are huge companies with worldwide appeal. Like any business with that size of market potential, investors are obviously going to want a piece of the pie 

Or we could go back to the 80s/90s with poor pitches, poor infrastructure and a generally poorer game overall 

• Like 1

I would rather us be a progressive club with a plan and an owner that gets it

im not a fan of who’s got the most money wins the league because essentially that’s what it boils down to this day and age

Ideally I would like a level playing field for everyone but I accept those days are long gone and my post is a reflection of a old goat who doesn’t like the way most things are going these days.

• Like 3

I'm sure there's plenty of wise agents talking to their players, asking them to consider Newcastle United. 

They'll be no guilt on the players side receiving the money.

I'm fully expecting the creme dela creme to turn up at NUFC now.

It's incredible how our league attracts these rich peoples interest. The best league in the world, its fascinating