Would you be happy if Mohammed Bin Salman was bankrolling our club?

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

It's incredible how our league attracts these rich peoples interest. The best league in the world, its fascinating 

The reach of the EPL is amazing.

The random foreign betting sites as sponsors are there to get around gambling and advertising laws in their own countries, as sponsoring an EPL team is as good as advertising at home.

44 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Your just demonstrating why the games gone.

Money from anywhere, dosn't matter how bloody, as long as it's money to feed the addiction.

Football is the biggest hyperbole going.

Same with anything though.

The weekend warriors getting mad into the beak don't care about the human cost about where it comes from.

People don't like to think about crap side of things with something they enjoy

We all still buy Nikes & buy the latest phones despite knowing what the human cost is of those items, why should football be any different.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, its just the same with a whole raft of things in modern society

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I mean, let’s look at it objectively. As soon as sky started and more games were televised across the world, this was always going to happen.

Football clubs are huge companies with worldwide appeal. Like any business with that size of market potential, investors are obviously going to want a piece of the pie 

Or we could go back to the 80s/90s with poor pitches, poor infrastructure and a generally poorer game overall 

I would go back to the '90s in a heartbeat.

• Like 9

Newcastle fans wanted rid of Ashley.

I remember Noel Gallagher in an interview  saying when Man City were sold, if he thought they’d “sold there soul” to the money men & he said “bring it on”

It’s sadly what happens to be able to compete so I understand both sides of the discussion.

Guest Andy W
1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Look at all the Newcastle fans and their celebrations following the takeover. Seems they're prepared to turn a blind eye to things as long as someone is chucking money at the club.

I'm not saying that's right but I suspect the same would happen with us.

Unfortunately, the way it works its all about money.

If a billionaire was to buy our club, pump 100's of millions in and we were suddenly top 6 PL, very few would question it. Man City were in the old div 3 late 90's I think..now look.

Does anyone really believe we wouldn't want the same, I think very few would complain

There’s a sad irony about the delirious celebrations by the Newcastle fans.

They’ve got rid of Ashley who is despised for running his businesses with workers on minimum wage and zero hours contracts and not spending enough cash on players. 

Replaced by business people who may or may not have connections with Saudi rulers. A country where lip service is paid to human rights and people who disagree with them run the risk of being snatched on foreign soil and butchered.

A country where women have only just been allowed to drive and where foreign workers live and work in absolutely inhumane conditions. 

Rejoice! Rejoice!

WTAF is football coming to in this country? 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Or we could go back to the 80s/90s with poor pitches, poor infrastructure and a generally poorer game overall 

What - all the way back in the mists of ancient history to the 1990s?!! Way to make me feel old pal 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1