Mike Ashley

10 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I wonder how Newcastle fans would react to 21 years outside the Premier League, with 3 separate stints in League One during that time and an appearance at the High Court with an hour on the clock to be wound up by the HMRC.

There's a lot of context to football "suffering", but nobody could ever convince me Mike Ashley's tenure at Newcastle is anything other than a huge upgrade to what we have now in every single way. Personally I'm not looking up at Newcastle, with their consistent Premier League appearances since we dropped out - aside from two seasons when they won the Championship at a canter - and thinking "that looks awful, don't want Ashley here".

We would all have swapped places with them but I suspect it is all relative mate. Their opinion on him is pretty low, and based I suspect around his managerial decisions, renaming the ground and (perceived) underfunding of the playing staff.

Would he do a better job than Chansiri, it would probably be hard not to, but would he want to come here?  

Guest Andy W
10 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Obviously a double promotion is imminent, anybody can see that.

:Chansiri:

Well of course.. is that including the one in 2023 back to L1?

7 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

We would all have swapped places with them but I suspect it is all relative mate. Their opinion on him is pretty low, and based I suspect around his managerial decisions, renaming the ground and (perceived) underfunding of the playing staff.

Would he do a better job than Chansiri, it would probably be hard not to, but would he want to come here?  

Well the stance on Ashley is the contempt he holds the fans in (as well as the way he runs his other businesses - I'm not defending the man here at all), but I would refer anyone to look at Chansiri's history of communicating (and not communicating) with us. Fobbed off with rambling statements, some of the stuff he's come out with around telling us how our money pays for sod all, trying to tell us who the real fans are, the emotional blackmail, changing the badge and kits at his whim..

I genuinely think if Newcastle had gone through the 21 years we have (that are ongoing/actually still getting worse with no end in sight) they'd have smashed St James Park to pieces by now. If it's a straight shoot out between where we are now with Chansiri and how Ashley has handled them, I'd pick Ashley 100% of the time without a shred of hesitation. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I would take him in a flash. My money is on him getting Derby. 

I wouldn't be over the moon Mike Ashley taking over.

Some of his business dealings don't show him in a good light.

But then again you don't own big massive companies if you are a Saint.

Would I prefer Mike Ashley or Chansiri? Mike Ashley comfortably.

Yes he has his faults but you get the impression Mike Ashley would know what he is doing.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I wouldn't be over the moon Mike Ashley taking over.

Some of his business dealings don't show him in a good light.

But then again you don't own big massive companies if you are a Saint.

Would I prefer Mike Ashley or Chansiri? Mike Ashley comfortably.

Yes he has his faults but you get the impression Mike Ashley would know what he is doing.

What makes you think DC doesn’t?

• Haha 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Would make sense if it was us. What other club will come pre-packed with an already successful sportswear brand? :Chansiri:

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

No no no no. He would be just as big a disaster as Chansiri. Would put an even bigger divide between the club and the fans.

There will always be a divide between this club and the fans. Haven’t you worked that out yet 🤣🤣😀

3 hours ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Mike Ashley is already planning to buy an EFL club once a £300m takeover at Newcastle United goes through.

A ‘source close to Ashley’ has informed them that he’s NOT been put off from football despite his failed stint at St James’ Park, stating he’d “love” to invest in a Football League club with a ‘sound fanbase and potential to grow’.

£300m

:Chansiri:

Sure someone else will have commented but I hope it’s not Derby

Yeh there'd be nowt to moan about with ashley in charge, grass always being greener, devil you know etc.

If such thing as a perfect owner ever took over, half of people on here would either creatively find new moans or moan that there'd be nowt to moan about anymore 😄

Edited by Ash77