Mike Ashley

Like Ashley or not, the club would be far better run in the short term, he would get the business in shape and it would be a far more attractive investment the next time it is sold on long term.

The longer Chansiri is here, the bigger the tangle we will end up in.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'd be in no rush to jump into bed with Mike Ashley........he's no more a football guy than DC. 

I don't think we need be concerned though as DC values us at more than Ashley sold Newcastle for........what a f@cking reality we live in. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, horny owl said:

I’d have almost anybody instead of chansiri right now but if we got bought out by Saudis like Newcastle that’d be me finished 

DC sells to Syrian consortium.......the Wednesday way. 

fizz me some people on here are ******** masochists!

Why are we keen on Mike Ashley?

The guy is universally loathed, he's not invested in the club at all (Steve McLaren called their training ground 'the squash club') and has reportedly taken millions OUT of the football club.

He's also admitted he doesn't understand the football business.

There are fans on here assuming he can get us PL mediocrity just because that's where Newcastle are. The difference is they've been there for years, had parachute payments to get back up and have got a bigger fan base than us. Theres no guarantee he can take us up there at all, and he can't just spend a load of money for FFP reasons, just like Chansiri can't.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vulture_squadron said:

fizz me some people on here are ******** masochists!

Why are we keen on Mike Ashley?

The guy is universally loathed, he's not invested in the club at all (Steve McLaren called their training ground 'the squash club') and has reportedly taken millions OUT of the football club.

He's also admitted he doesn't understand the football business.

There are fans on here assuming he can get us PL mediocrity just because that's where Newcastle are. The difference is they've been there for years, had parachute payments to get back up and have got a bigger fan base than us. Theres no guarantee he can take us up there at all, and he can't just spend a load of money for FFP reasons, just like Chansiri can't.

He also hasn’t had any issues with the powers to be leading to any points deducted. Hes never had a embargo, he’s never failed to pay his players. Don’t get me wrong he’s not a saint but I couldn’t give a fizz what anyone else thinks about him, he's kept Newcastle sustainable for years and years 

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

"Failed stint at Newcastle"

What was the aim? Win the premier league?

Probably to win something, or at least try to win something. Look at their average league position for the 14 years before Ashley compared to the last 14 years under him. Look at how they cast cup competitions aside in favour of PL survival. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he could take a struggling club to better things but Newcastle were worse under his ownership than they were before him.  

5 minutes ago, WendyOK said:

He also hasn’t had any issues with the powers to be leading to any points deducted. Hes never had a embargo, he’s never failed to pay his players. Don’t get me wrong he’s not a saint but I couldn’t give a fizz what anyone else thinks about him, he's kept Newcastle sustainable for years and years 

Look, I'd love us to be rid of Chansiri don't get me wrong, but I don't see anything in what Ashley's done at Newcastle to see him as an improvement.

Sustainable? He's used Newcastle's PL profile to advertise his business and not paid hardly anything in sponsorship to do so. He's lost thousands off the gate and probably millions in revenue. They would probably go down if the Saudis hadn't come in as a result.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WendyOK said:

With premiership money

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Probably to win something, or at least try to win something. Look at their average league position for the 14 years before Ashley compared to the last 14 years under him. Look at how they cast cup competitions aside in favour of PL survival. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he could take a struggling club to better things but Newcastle were worse under his ownership than they were before him.  

When he took over there everything about Newcastle was on par with Tottenham and probably alot better than Everton. But look at the direction of travel of them both in the last 14 years. Ok none of them have won a thing, but twice Ashley has got Newcastle relegated. Where as the other two haven't even really been close to going down. 

They should be an established top 10 premier league team by now like an Everton or Spurs.

• Like 1

Just been reading a few articles on Newcastle and the fans thoughts about Ashley’s time at the club, scary reading, would be a disaster if he came here.  Would soon turn fans against him, even more so than Chansiri has done. I would love us to be taken over, Chansiri is poison imo but don’t want us to be taken over by Ashley 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WendyOK said:

Think you need to look at how he financed Newcastle, or rather himself. Anyway he won't thankfully turn up here, DC wants too much and Ashley will be looking for a bargain.