Mike Ashley

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Newcastle fans may not like Ashley but he has kept them in the premier league, when they did get relegated he bought promotion with silly levels of investment.

I would be more than happy to have a bottom half premier league team as Sheffield Wednesday, we would also have a club shop that had stuff in we wanted to buy and made money.

DC approach to running a football club is a complete joke, a his latest idea which is to not run the club that why we keep falling and falling down the leagues with DC in charge we will still fall further this club is but no way bottomed out yet.

This for me. Don't really understand what Newcastle fans expected with him. Hes overall done well and not able to afford/compete the level of investment to take them to the European spots. 

I would happily take Newcastle's position with Ashley in charge. Newcastle fans just think their bigger than mid-table. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Derby allegedly owe £15m to MSD, £25m to HMRC, £6m to Arsenal, £6m to ex players and coaches

Even if he bought Derby for a low transaction fee, he’d be picking a big tab up 

Derby have gone into administration if the use the correct rules of administration those monies owed now will be a lot less with a CVA the debts could be a low as just 10%.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

This for me. Don't really understand what Newcastle fans expected with him. Hes overall done well and not able to afford/compete the level of investment to take them to the European spots. 

I would happily take Newcastle's position with Ashley in charge. Newcastle fans just think their bigger than mid-table. 

I don't think they forgave him for getting rid of Raffa, another one of this buy success managers, without money they are no better than the rest with money everyone thinks they are the best managers in the world.

I don't like Wilder but what he did at Sheff Utd is a mark of a good manager, got lower league players, made them better, got promotions and got a style of play that got the best out of his players, did not try and force a style on players unable to play it and at the same time made the club millions from promotion to the premier league and player sales, without spending a great deal until he got to the premier league and unfortunately for him believe the hype of rubbish British players who have one good season in the championship on loan and suddenly they are worth £20m.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Newcastle fans may not like Ashley but he has kept them in the premier league, when they did get relegated he bought promotion with silly levels of investment.

I would be more than happy to have a bottom half premier league team as Sheffield Wednesday, we would also have a club shop that had stuff in we wanted to buy and made money.

DC approach to running a football club is a complete joke, a his latest idea which is to not run the club that why we keep falling and falling down the leagues with DC in charge we will still fall further this club is but no way bottomed out yet.

Has tha been in sports direct? 

• Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat
54 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

You couldnt buy a better sleeping giant than us right now. Ashely would surely be interested

We're not a sleeping giant. We're in a coma.

from afar he strikes me as a dave allen type on speed and considerably more dosh

again from what I've read, he isn't liked up there due to relative lack of investment, at least DC has invested a considerable % of his known wealth 

however if I were his dad or very able elder bro, I'd say just ask for your cash back learn from it and get the heck out 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nero said:

What's the point? Mike Ashley couldn't bring more money in - nobody can because of the EFL rules - and they are worse in L1. What positives is he bringing to the party?

So a club shop shop that currently is losing money and still has merchandise in from 2 to 3 season ago. A man who has built a sports empire will not make it profitable and give funding to the club.

You don't think the Sport Direct Hillsborough stadium will not bring in millions in sponsorship.

NUFC fans don't like Mike Ashley but as a business man there are very few in this country that have achieved more. 

Compare Mike Ashley business acumen to D Chansiri then if you can stop laughing realise that Doris the tea lady taking over at Hillsborough would be an improvement on DC. A guy with the business ability of Mike Ashley would be a massive improvement. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Has tha been in sports direct? 

I think I have been there more often that the Owls club shop mainly because the club shops gear is out of date, the shop is never open late nights or week ends and to be charge £60 for a football shirt you will wear maybe 20-30 times is a ******** take.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think I have been there more often that the Owls club shop mainly because the club shops gear is out of date, the shop is never open late nights or week ends and to be charge £60 for a football shirt you will wear maybe 20-30 times is a ******** take.

Are you seriously claiming that the club shop is never open on weekends? 

I mean...just think about that: 

The club shop is never open on weekends...so all those times I walked in to get a ticket etc., and walked past all that club merchandise (you know, like the play off final 2016 shirt) that wasn't the club shop? 

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You don't think the Sport Direct Hillsborough stadium will not bring in millions in sponsorship.

NUFC fans don't like Mike Ashley but as a business man there are very few in this country that have achieved more. 

You realise he charges Newcastle a massive premium for the Sports Direct sponsorship?

And takes a massive portion of the profits out of the club from all merch sales into his Sports Direct Brand?

If I recall correctly most of the money made in merchandising goes to Sports Direct and not the club

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

New in at our brilliant online shop is slippers for £26, you can buy them elsewhere for a £11 but stick a club badge on them and change 250% more.

Gets what tha pays for.... No badge= w@nk.....Owls badge =w@nk with badge

Are they Lonsdale?? 😁

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Are you seriously claiming that the club shop is never open on weekends? 

on a match day it shuts 45 minutes after the game, not open on a Sunday.

Monday to Saturday 10am to 4pm so if you work an office job the only time you can go is on a Saturday, only have late night opening on match days and then it shuts at 7.45pm

Most megastores want customers so open at least till 8pm most nights so people are able to go and shop after work. We don't have that option. 

I suspect every Newcastle supporter would drive him down here, pay for the fuel and risk not being able to re fill for the return journey.

He has treated their fanbase with about as much contempt as it is possible to do, yet many on here would welcome him with open arms.

I suppose it just shows us, once again, how bad our current owner is.

• Like 1