Mike Ashley

51 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Whereas DC appears to be a decent human being but a hopeless businessman.

I’d much rather have Ashley!

I don't think Chansiri is a despicable bloke but I do think he lacks respect for the average supporter.

Comes across at times because he is a mega rich bloke that he automatically thinks we should be subservient to him.

49 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

Maybe, just maybe, there's someone out there that is both.

A long shot I know.

Being a successful businessman you are bound to have stepped on a few toes along the way.
The type of personality you sometimes need to succeed isn't always a lovely and cuddly human being.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think Chansiri is a despicable bloke but I do think he lacks respect for the average supporter.

Comes across at times because he is a mega rich bloke that he automatically thinks we should be subservient to him.

Being a successful businessman you are bound to have stepped on a few toes along the way.
The type of personality you sometimes need to succeed isn't always a lovely and cuddly human being.

Well I manage to pull it off, successful, lovely and cuddly, as I always tell my staff.

Or prisoners with jobs as I like to think of them.

• Haha 2

If Ashley wants another club, it will be Derby. Just the type of distressed business he likes. I'll eat my hat if its not them (subject to the rumour he wants another club being true).

The only complication I can see is what Morris wants to do with the stadium he bought. 

3 hours ago, folger said:

I sincerely hope Ashley's helicopter plummets with him inside. I'd rather have Jimmy Savilles gravestone as our owner. 

Would you want the pilot, co-pilot and any other staff to survive the crash or can they perish with him as far as you’re concerned? Just asking 

• Thanks 2

Imagine being a Newcastle fan tonight, knowing your club is now richer than Man City and the success it’s brought them.

I’d imagine it’s a similar feeling to when I learnt Geoff Sheard was buying us with a rich Eastern European consortium who wanted to make us the “Chelsea of the north”…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

"Failed stint at Newcastle"

What was the aim? Win the premier league?

This ^ ask Newcastle fans if they’d like to have swapped Ashley for Chansiri and see how they feel about the guy then. Maybe boring premier league mediocrity wouldn’t seem so bad 

9 hours ago, Nero said:

What's the point? Mike Ashley couldn't bring more money in - nobody can because of the EFL rules - and they are worse in L1. What positives is he bringing to the party?

I think Ashley knows a little more than DC at getting around things and has better lawyers. Quite like the guy, just won't happen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, camffiti said:

From what I hear from NUFC fans, Ashley would be a an Owlstalkers dream 

Snap their hands off for half the price 

Drive him there myself 

Sell Bann0n for £1.5mil and buy a 3 legged Trevor Francis 

... Ashley in yet? 

Bann0n out yet? 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

This ^ ask Newcastle fans if they’d like to have swapped Ashley for Chansiri and see how they feel about the guy then. Maybe boring premier league mediocrity wouldn’t seem so bad 

Newcastle fans would’ve swapped Niall Quinn and Peter Reid for Ashley, they hate the bloke. 

I’d honestly rather have DC. He’s made a right boIIocks of things but I really can’t stand Mike Ashley