Mike Ashley

Mike Ashley is already planning to buy an EFL club once a £300m takeover at Newcastle United goes through.

A ‘source close to Ashley’ has informed them that he’s NOT been put off from football despite his failed stint at St James’ Park, stating he’d “love” to invest in a Football League club with a ‘sound fanbase and potential to grow’.

£300m

:Chansiri:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not at all impossible Mike Ashley would be interested in buying Wednesday.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chansiri now thinks owning the club is more trouble then its worth and his family lean on him a little to cut his losses.

£350 M not a penny less.

• Haha 1

Ashley is a ruthless businessman. He wants to buy things he can make money on. So for him to come here he would have to be able to buy us for a reasonable price. Our value is rock bottom right now. But no doubt the asking price wouldn’t be rock bottom. So no deal will happen unless Chansiri has literally given up. Which based on the transfer activity this year just doesn’t seem to be the case. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Mike Ashley is already planning to buy an EFL club once a £300m takeover at Newcastle United goes through.

A ‘source close to Ashley’ has informed them that he’s NOT been put off from football despite his failed stint at St James’ Park, stating he’d “love” to invest in a Football League club with a ‘sound fanbase and potential to grow’.

£300m

:Chansiri:

If I remember correctly didn't DC say he spent around 300 million on us since taking over, which I find hard to believe anyway? He would probably want 150 million from Ashley. Burnley recently sold for 200 million I think. DC: I want 250 now.

lol

2 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Surely he'll be looking at Derby on the cheap

Got to be Derby. His entire model is based on picking up distressed companies on the cheap, sometimes out of administration. 

He's not going to spend what Chansiri wants when he can do a deal with administrators who'll just want to sell at a reasonable price without any emotion involved. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, andrew1974 said:

Got to be Derby. His entire model is based on picking up distressed companies on the cheap, sometimes out of administration. 

He's not going to spend what Chansiri wants when he can do a deal with administrators who'll just want to sell at a reasonable price without any emotion involved. 

Derby allegedly owe £15m to MSD, £25m to HMRC, £6m to Arsenal, £6m to ex players and coaches

Even if he bought Derby for a low transaction fee, he’d be picking a big tab up 

• Thanks 1