Mike Ashley

Watching Newcastle fans and supporters trusts, fans group reps etc. on sky sports almost in tears of joy that Ashley has gone after years of running the club down makes me slightly hesitant. 

He is probably the other side of the spectrum to Chansiri, no upkeep of stadium, training facilities, playing squad and just spending enough to hopefully getting by. The one thing they have in common though, is all of this was done whilst charging a huge amount to a very loyal fanbase for a subpar product. 

Isn’t there owners out there that believe in sensible, sustainable investment? 

34 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Watching Newcastle fans and supporters trusts, fans group reps etc. on sky sports almost in tears of joy that Ashley has gone after years of running the club down makes me slightly hesitant

"running the club down"? 

They're in the bloody Premier League, and have been several times under Ashley's leadership. Ashley has also overseen a successful sale of the club.

Them Newcastle fans are bloody lightweights. Try being a Wednesdayite for a day (or a few decades. ffs!). 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Once Ashley buys Derby then they will establish themselves as a PL club sooner than we will ever get there 

I would suggest this ^^^^ 

In a prime position to buy these loads of debt wiped. Championship club. Good fan base. 
Nice modern  stadium. 

13 minutes ago, bobness said:

"running the club down"? 

They're in the bloody Premier League, and have been several times under Ashley's leadership. Ashley has also overseen a successful sale of the club.

Them Newcastle fans are bloody lightweights. Try being a Wednesdayite for a day (or a few decades. ffs!). 

Not invested in stadium or training facilities in years or ever under his tenure was the main gripe. They pay top rate prices for a stadium falling into disrepair, training facilities from the 90s and a team strung together on a shoestring. 

I mean they’re making money or not making a loss, and they’re in the prem for now. But that’s a downward spiral that they were on, similar to what we had not too long ago. 

40 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Not invested in stadium or training facilities in years or ever under his tenure was the main gripe. They pay top rate prices for a stadium falling into disrepair, training facilities from the 90s and a team strung together on a shoestring. 

I mean they’re making money or not making a loss, and they’re in the prem for now. But that’s a downward spiral that they were on, similar to what we had not too long ago. 

What's the problems with the stadium? It looks magnificent every time I've been. 

22 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Ashley is a ruthless businessman. He wants to buy things he can make money on. So for him to come here he would have to be able to buy us for a reasonable price. Our value is rock bottom right now. But no doubt the asking price wouldn’t be rock bottom. So no deal will happen unless Chansiri has literally given up. Which based on the transfer activity this year just doesn’t seem to be the case. 

Dont think Chansiri has given up but the hole gets deeper, new manager and team (virtually) and no improvement, Ashley is ruthless and Chansiri stubborn so no hope of a deal i guess.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I have family who are Geordies  i have texted them how lucky they are ,Also  have had a drink with Newcastle fans home and away in the past ,Great fans good luck to them.

Like winning the lottery for 50k plus geordie fans.

22 hours ago, pioowl said:

No one who has ever spoken to any Newcastle fans would EVER want Ashley i assure you!!

I wonder how many Wednesday fans are happy not being in the top flight for 22 years, being currently in the 3rd division the third time that has happened in the last 10 years, they have had to sell their stadium because there chairman could not run a bath, let alone a football club, i wonder would they be happy paying the most expensive prices in the league to watch a team full of free agents and loans because once again for the 4th year out of 5 the club is under finance restrictions, because some bright spark signed a load of aging players gave the 3 and 4 year deals and they spent most of their time injured but then let their best young talent leave the club on end of contract 

I am sure given the option bottom half premier league team, maintaining their place in the top tier of English football vs 3rd division team struggling to score goals against Morecombe and Plymouth each.

But yeah NUFC are not happy with Mike Ashley because he has not spent £100m a season.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I wonder how many Wednesday fans are happy not being in the top flight for 22 years, being currently in the 3rd division the third time that has happened in the last 10 years, they have had to sell their stadium because there chairman could not run a bath, let alone a football club, i wonder would they be happy paying the most expensive prices in the league to watch a team full of free agents and loans because once again for the 4th year out of 5 the club is under finance restrictions, because some bright spark signed a load of aging players gave the 3 and 4 year deals and they spent most of their time injured but then let their best young talent leave the club on end of contract 

I am sure given the option bottom half premier league team, maintaining their place in the top tier of English football vs 3rd division team struggling to score goals against Morecombe and Plymouth each.

But yeah NUFC are not happy with Mike Ashley because he has not spent £100m a season.

Spot on, were going nowhere fast with the current set up.

12 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Think you need to look at how he financed Newcastle, or rather himself. Anyway he won't thankfully turn up here, DC wants too much and Ashley will be looking for a bargain.

How he financed Newcastle is Upto him, the ground is still in their name and he’s overseen a successful 300M sale. 

Our owner couldn’t run his own bath 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WendyOK said:

How he financed Newcastle is Upto him, the ground is still in their name and he’s overseen a successful 300M sale. 

Our owner couldn’t run his own bath 

Think you will find as DC he saddles the club with loan repayments, rent, shirt sponsorship. People are desperate to get DC out, so much so they are just going to go down the same path we are on now.