Darren Moore's post-Mansfield reaction

Tried to put a positive spin on it as you would expect, lucky we got the win. 

But, my god we are boring to watch, very little attacking threat or coherent play in the opposition half. 

Time and again, you see players look up to see no options, static players and when we do venture forward very rarely complete passes in the final third. 

On the plus side, for a change we were the fitter team and kept going, the bar really has been set that low.

Maybe it's me but don't think I've felt as meh about a win before. Maybe it's the pointless competition, but that performance did nothing to entertain, it was a hard watch.

Edited by striker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

His forced optimism reminds me of Nigel Adkins when at the Lane.

The grunters saw through it and so do we.

I don’t want or expect him to throw anyone under a bus, but explain things properly please.

Many will be content to give him time if he’s more honest and insightful.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

What do people honestly expect him to say, the ground was too drafty and Theo forgot his gloves, Jack Hunt has hair like Forrest Gump and we would have done better but it was quiz night at the Fourty Foot last night so we're a bit delicate.

Tbf, that sounds quite good.

3 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

What do people honestly expect him to say, the ground was too drafty and Theo forgot his gloves, Jack Hunt has hair like Forrest Gump and we would have done better but it was quiz night at the Fourty Foot last night so we're a bit delicate.

I resign

• Haha 1