Baffled by Moore - Does he know what he is doing?

1 minute ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Having read through social media today and listening to fans at the ground, strangely most seem unanimous in their bafflement of some of the decisions today.

We went to Wigan and beat the league leaders on their own patch. In the process, we looked the most creative we have all season as we played as close to a 4-4-2 as we have all season. Patterson was very close to Gregory all game.

To my amazement Darren Moore, saw this, and for Oxford at home reverts back to the tactics that have started the apathy amongst the fan base, the tactics that have been getting us defeats whilst looking void of any creation. That alone was a joke not playing the same tactics as the last game, when we won!! We were more attacking away at Wigan then at home to Oxford!

Next on my list, Barry Bannan. What on earth was he doing there! That is almost as bad as when Monk played FF at left wing back. It's comical at times, watching Iorfa and especially Dunkley try and play out from the back, hitting the stands whilst Bannan was out on the wing somewhere. The most bizarre decision of the day.

BPF constantly playing out the back to Dunkley. What is this all about. Embarrassing. If I was the opposition watching a video of how we play, it is clear who to press in our team!

Why wait till second half to change? It was clear our tactics were not working. Why was Moore just stood there, looking like he was wondering why he forgot his umbrella. He could have changed the tactics after 15 minutes! Put Bannan into the CM straight away! But no, he has to waste 30 minutes of nothing football.

Taking Gregory off! Leave him on, we are at home! Stick two upfront and put Patterson in behind. No he leave Saido upfront on his own, the exact reason why Gregory was substituted.

The man management of Jaden Brown. What is going on there?

Could go on and on.

It is obvious we are going no where under Moore. He has the lowest win percentage of any Wednesday manager from the same amount of games (needs checking, but sure he does).

History is repeating itself from the Turner/Sturrock era. It was clear Turner improved the squad but had no idea how to manage it and get it functioning. In came Sturrock and we all know the rest. It was around this time.

Chairman over to you. No one would care if Moore went tomorrow. He has had enough time.  

Totally,utterly bang on the money,point by point....  why on earth change a winning side,and systym that just beat the top of the League,away??

We played Qxford at home,Oxford who were 4 first team players down with Covid,and we play one up front,than take him off FFS!!! 

Thats without all the other issues you posted..

Dont 'go again'Just go enough  

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Having read through social media today and listening to fans at the ground, strangely most seem unanimous in their bafflement of some of the decisions today.

We went to Wigan and beat the league leaders on their own patch. In the process, we looked the most creative we have all season as we played as close to a 4-4-2 as we have all season. Patterson was very close to Gregory all game.

To my amazement Darren Moore, saw this, and for Oxford at home reverts back to the tactics that have started the apathy amongst the fan base, the tactics that have been getting us defeats whilst looking void of any creation. That alone was a joke not playing the same tactics as the last game, when we won!! We were more attacking away at Wigan then at home to Oxford!

Next on my list, Barry Bannan. What on earth was he doing there! That is almost as bad as when Monk played FF at left wing back. It's comical at times, watching Iorfa and especially Dunkley try and play out from the back, hitting the stands whilst Bannan was out on the wing somewhere. The most bizarre decision of the day.

BPF constantly playing out the back to Dunkley. What is this all about. Embarrassing. If I was the opposition watching a video of how we play, it is clear who to press in our team!

Why wait till second half to change? It was clear our tactics were not working. Why was Moore just stood there, looking like he was wondering why he forgot his umbrella. He could have changed the tactics after 15 minutes! Put Bannan into the CM straight away! But no, he has to waste 30 minutes of nothing football.

Taking Gregory off! Leave him on, we are at home! Stick two upfront and put Patterson in behind. No he leave Saido upfront on his own, the exact reason why Gregory was substituted.

The man management of Jaden Brown. What is going on there?

Could go on and on.

It is obvious we are going no where under Moore. He has the lowest win percentage of any Wednesday manager from the same amount of games (needs checking, but sure he does).

History is repeating itself from the Turner/Sturrock era. It was clear Turner improved the squad but had no idea how to manage it and get it functioning. In came Sturrock and we all know the rest. It was around this time.

Chairman over to you. No one would care if Moore went tomorrow. He has had enough time.  

Got to agree mate, spot on

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Very good post OP. To me Moore seems so far out of hid depth here, it’s scary. 

Here? how many decent managers are there in football? really? they seem to get rewarded for failure and move from job to job until they drift out of the Industry...

DM tactics are dragging this Club down when we could and should be top of the Divisipn.

You win games by attacking and scoring goals and DM is not setting up to do that...

• Like 4

I’m quite used to feeling angry at Wednesday I’ve shed more than the odd tear at the disappointments down the years, I’ve even found some of our “moments” funny

This is the first time I’ve felt unable to at least try and defend them. WTF is the plan?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

He deserves more time. But he needs a big result and quick. I thought Wigan was that result. Obviously not. I’m convinced the squad is good enough. I’m not convinced we have the tactical nouse to get up. 

And although a cliche, other teams are raining their game. Proper cup final stuff for some and we need to counter it. First goal is crucial and we don’t come out of the traps quick enough. In this league I’m a big fan of method football. Stop fannying around on our own 6 yard box. Play the channels, box em in, loads of crosses. Nail set pieces. This lot look over coached at the minute. 

I don't get how he deserves more time. He's had a lot already, and regardless of the number of new players, he's a serial offender in terms of making very poor decisions all over the place. UTO.

• Like 3

I wouldn't change coach just yet but he needs go find out what his best team is and give them a run of games to build relationships. You can't have a different CB and CM pairing every game at this level. You just simply can't I'm sorry. Successful teams usually have a best 11 and an identity.  We have neither currently. You could pick our midfield and forward options out of a hat at the start of the game it's that random.

• Like 2

Great OP @CourteenerOwl

Changing a winning team is bizarre but it’s the playing out from the back that also needs to stop.

Other teams see the panic it creates.

It’s not something this lot are suddenly going to learn how to do, they’re simply not good enough to play that way.

Moore seems to not recognise this.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

He’s a poor manager who like many that get ‘top’ jobs get them as they are jobs for the boys with the right contacts. 
Is he actually hungry enough? We need a manager who feels it more, who takes it personally when we play as crap as we are doing and getting poo results.Likewise the players. They are over hyped soft centred who can’t handle this league.

Everyone said ‘Great summer recruitment’ when no one had even seen them play a game! Same every year.
Both manager and players are extremely average yet massively overpaid for their skill set.

Edited by GMOwl72
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Terrible, terrible manager

It honestly looks like he’s trying to get sacked on purpose

Surely nobody can be this tactically naive 

I honestly think his objective is to get himself some gardening leave

We’ve had many rubbish managers who don’t know what they’re doing but this guy is a whole new level of sh!t

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2