Baffled by Moore - Does he know what he is doing?

23 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We did go 4-4-2 in the second half. But he’s narrowed the pitch so we don’t play with wingers. Which is annoying.

It was Monk that narrowed the pitch. Thought Moore had reverted it back again this summer. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Coventry City finished 8th in their first season back in League One.

Are you really writing Moore off already? I think he needs the season. It’s a tough league and we came down with a lot of issues and baggage. 

Look I am questioning some of his decisions but rather give him time to get it right than just get rid. Sacking managers ended up with us being relegated. 

We are steady mid table at the moment. Plenty to play for.

My point was that Robins took over Coventry City when they were a shambles too, they were in League 2 and he has taken them from League Two to 3rd in the Championship, with hardly any financial support just sound management and recruitment.

I am not writing Moore off completely, I have huge reservations though. 

If we play Bolton on Saturday and we continue as we have with one upfront, playing out to Dunkley to hoof etc, would you still be saying plenty to play for and he needs more time?

All Moore has to do is set this team up correctly and he will give us and himself a chance. But will he? 

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Oh really? I probably didn’t notice. Just looked narrower on Saturday.

It was definitely Monk that had the pitch narrowed:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/big-change-hillsborough-pitch-garry-monk-hopes-can-improve-sheffield-wednesdays-home-record-3027609

Sure I read it had been widened again since but can't find any links. 

3 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

My point was that Robins took over Coventry City when they were a shambles too, they were in League 2 and he has taken them from League Two to 3rd in the Championship, with hardly any financial support just sound management and recruitment.

I am not writing Moore off completely, I have huge reservations though. 

If we play Bolton on Saturday and we continue as we have with one upfront, playing out to Dunkley to hoof etc, would you still be saying plenty to play for and he needs more time?

All Moore has to do is set this team up correctly and he will give us and himself a chance. But will he? 

To be honest, I did get carried away with some pre season signings and predicted a play off finish. But having watched a few games, I think this division is harder than we think.

I personally don’t think we will go up this season. Too much change in a short space of time and I don’t think the players we signed are as good as they look on paper. 

Plenty of time for Moore to try and get it right. So far we’re showing mid table form. If we were tanking and not looking remotely close to winning a game, I’d be concerned. 

Fact of the matter is, we’ve dropped points by fine margins and our soft under belly. This has been a problem for the previous manager and the manager before him. Suggests to me, it’s a huge job to try and change that losing mentality which is seemingly embedded into the psyche of the club. 

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Oh really? I probably didn’t notice. Just looked narrower on Saturday.

DM on changing the pitch dimensions:

I have extended the pitch back out to where I think it should be. It is through choice.

The groundsmen have done a great job with it.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/darren-moore-wednesday-rovers-palmer-21303594

Like a few others have said, I'll give him to the end of this month and hope he can start setting down a few markers.

Unfortunately, the last 18 or so months (probs longer tbh) means I've got naff all patience for us atm. Just bored and sick of watching the same ineptitude again and again.

Winning games at this level can't be so hard, surely? 

• Like 2

Darren Moore was utterly drab and uninspiring at West Brom. They had a strong squad in the Championship and they dropped out of contention under him and it was the right thing to do when they sacked him as he underachieved massively given the resources he had to hand. I can't bear to watch his football, it so often it totally bereft of any decent tempo or pressing and really is dull to watch. Such a shame because when we do up the tempo and get stuck in we look like a decent size but it's like we only try that for about 20 or 30 minutes in a match and then think "that's enough, lets slow it down now".

• Like 2

I think the jobs too big for him, ok were not a force on the pitch but we still have high expectations and in terms of support and history yes we are a big club, we need a manager who can handle that, one of strong character, thats where and Chansiri are failing.