Baffled by Moore - Does he know what he is doing?

He's just another manager who plays a nothing brand of football.

We want to play out from the back but half of our team look like they couldn't trap a bag of cement. Sideways passing and then a panic hoof as the opposition close us down or we run out of ideas.

I wasn't shocked at all with yesterday's result. We have looked poor all season and are getting what we deserve: nothing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, parajack said:

Totally,utterly bang on the money,point by point....  why on earth change a winning side,and systym that just beat the top of the League,away??

We played Qxford at home,Oxford who were 4 first team players down with Covid,and we play one up front,than take him off FFS!!! 

Thats without all the other issues you posted..

Dont 'go again'Just go enough  

Spot on analysis agree 100%

I agree with you but asking the chairman who has no idea how to run a football club to get rid of Moore and bring in someone equavilant to sturrock it's just not gonna happen.....I honestly think Moore will be here a few months more regardless of results .

Chansiri didn't act quick enough with Carlos, Jos or monk so he's not gonna all of a sudden sack Moore.

It's only because Darren Moore has this nice man persona that the fans haven't got on his back yet but I do think he's been given enough time to get it right or start looking like he has.

He doesn’t know what his best eleven is, people go on about how we should stick with the same manager now for consistency, how about just having consistency in the starting line up on a Saturday?  Brown was one of the best players on Tuesday and then he doesn’t feature at all in the next game.  Supposedly due to tiredness.  Happens all the time, Salah gets rested by Liverpool for champions league games as he’s tired.  Oh wait a minute.  

We won’t be winning many consecutive games with all the chopping and changing under Moore,  the line ups are as consistent as if we had a new manager every game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Watto said:

I agree with you but asking the chairman who has no idea how to run a football club to get rid of Moore and bring in someone equavilant to sturrock it's just not gonna happen.....I honestly think Moore will be here a few months more regardless of results .

Chansiri didn't act quick enough with Carlos, Jos or monk so he's not gonna all of a sudden sack Moore.

It's only because Darren Moore has this nice man persona that the fans haven't got on his back yet but I do think he's been given enough time to get it right or start looking like he has.

This is where Chansiri’s  lack of football knowledge get us into a mess again ….. if we had a chairman who knew about football he could see the problem ….. 

We don’t want to go long from goal kicks, so we pass it to Dunkley who gets charged down and wallops the ball to wherever. 

Then repeat. 

WTF is the point - to avoid people saying we hoof it ?   If we want to hoof it, flipping hoof it 

We’re not Man City with a £200m back 4. 

Stop flipping about. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A few comments suggesting the fans have not turned yet due to Moore nice guy tag/persona.

I actually think the majority of the fan base has turned. From here, twitter, FB and the pubs, everyone is moaning about the same thing. We will start to see that transfer to the ground next Saturday, if we have to put up with the same nonsense.

Under the other incompetent managers, there was always some support from some sections of the fan base. Even Jos, who people would say was trying to blend the youth in etc.

I see hardly any support for Moore tbh and rightly so.

I think he has Bolton to change our minds. 

7 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Under the other incompetent managers, there was always some support from some sections of the fan base. Even Jos, who people would say was trying to blend the youth in etc.

I think following a relegation Moore isn’t going to have it easy for long. 

He’s largely been excused from the relegation - which does go in his favour though as plenty think this is his first ‘real’ season. 

8 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I think following a relegation Moore isn’t going to have it easy for long. 

He’s largely been excused from the relegation - which does go in his favour though as plenty think this is his first ‘real’ season. 

I think he got us relegated tbh.

All we had to do was beat Derby away, who were awful and he decided to play Dunkley who was at fault for the pen and played dreadfully throughout.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I think he got us relegated tbh.

All we had to do was beat Derby away, who were awful and he decided to play Dunkley who was at fault for the pen and played dreadfully throughout.

Totally agree

• Like 1

We had a good result on Tuesday and yet he couldn't help himself changing the team.

Assume Hutch was injured which is fair enough, but why on earth drop Brown who has been one of our better players? 

What has happened to Byers too? We waited a fair while to get him and now he's not good enough? 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

A few comments suggesting the fans have not turned yet due to Moore nice guy tag/persona.

I actually think the majority of the fan base has turned. From here, twitter, FB and the pubs, everyone is moaning about the same thing. We will start to see that transfer to the ground next Saturday, if we have to put up with the same nonsense.

I see hardly any support for Moore tbh and rightly so.

I think he has Bolton to change our minds. 

Agree it seems that way- it’s a shame from where we were not so long ago when the general view was at last we’d got the proper manager we wanted. I didn’t like the Oxford game and I’m not looking forward to Kieran Lee showing us how to play, but I’d like to stay strong behind DM. It always takes time for the long term managers, a new ‘wonder manager’ isn’t going to appear.

23 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Having read through social media today and listening to fans at the ground, strangely most seem unanimous in their bafflement of some of the decisions today.

We went to Wigan and beat the league leaders on their own patch. In the process, we looked the most creative we have all season as we played as close to a 4-4-2 as we have all season. Patterson was very close to Gregory all game.

To my amazement Darren Moore, saw this, and for Oxford at home reverts back to the tactics that have started the apathy amongst the fan base, the tactics that have been getting us defeats whilst looking void of any creation. That alone was a joke not playing the same tactics as the last game, when we won!! We were more attacking away at Wigan then at home to Oxford!

Next on my list, Barry Bannan. What on earth was he doing there! That is almost as bad as when Monk played FF at left wing back. It's comical at times, watching Iorfa and especially Dunkley try and play out from the back, hitting the stands whilst Bannan was out on the wing somewhere. The most bizarre decision of the day.

BPF constantly playing out the back to Dunkley. What is this all about. Embarrassing. If I was the opposition watching a video of how we play, it is clear who to press in our team!

Why wait till second half to change? It was clear our tactics were not working. Why was Moore just stood there, looking like he was wondering why he forgot his umbrella. He could have changed the tactics after 15 minutes! Put Bannan into the CM straight away! But no, he has to waste 30 minutes of nothing football.

Taking Gregory off! Leave him on, we are at home! Stick two upfront and put Patterson in behind. No he leave Saido upfront on his own, the exact reason why Gregory was substituted.

The man management of Jaden Brown. What is going on there?

Could go on and on.

It is obvious we are going no where under Moore. He has the lowest win percentage of any Wednesday manager from the same amount of games (needs checking, but sure he does).

History is repeating itself from the Turner/Sturrock era. It was clear Turner improved the squad but had no idea how to manage it and get it functioning. In came Sturrock and we all know the rest. It was around this time.

Chairman over to you. No one would care if Moore went tomorrow. He has had enough time.  

Bide your time 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, A47Owl said:

It's been said somewhere before but if his instructions on the training pitch are as errm uninspiring as errm his press conferences then errm the players will errm fall asleep while errm listening to what he errm has to errm say. 

Just errm saying. 

Erm sorry Shakespeare 

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

This is where Chansiri’s  lack of football knowledge get us into a mess again ….. if we had a chairman who knew about football he could see the problem ….. 

if we had a chairman that knew about football someone like Bruce or McArthy would have replaced Carlos and history would be rewritten.