Moore no plan B

The only criticism that I saw from Moores previous clubs. Was that although his plan a, was usually good, he didn't know what to do if that didn't work. 

Now I know its early days, but so far I have only seen the opposite, albeit in small doses last season (where the majority of the team had given up, or didn't want to play for us). His tactical tweaks, have made the difference so far this season. Its bloody refreshing! 

Long may it continue. 

• Like 6

We certainly used plan B yesterday. No playing out from the back right from the off with the big lads on up front.

We set up prepared for a scrap which is not necessarily something we would have been able to do with previous managers/squads.

• Like 5

The refreshing thing was that he was prepared  to ditch what we thought were his principles and go plan B from the start. Did his homework, prepared accordingly, put out a team to nullify the opposition and came away with a win.

There will be more battles of this sort to come in this league and it’s good to know Moore is ready for them.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

The refreshing thing was that he was prepared  to ditch what we thought were his principles and go plan B from the start. Did his homework, prepared accordingly, put out a team to nullify the opposition and came away with a win.

There will be more battles of this sort to come in this league and it’s good to know Moore is ready for them.

Great point and I agree completely. It was so different to what we have been playing like for the other 3 games. We knew what game to expect and the players went out and delivered. 

There are going to be a lot more battles like yesterday. Most team's in this division will up there game when the play Wednesday. They see it as a big scalp to beat the Owls. We have a good squad of players so use them. Uto

• Like 1

The difference is, he has players he trusts and who follow his instructions. Plan A, B and C don’t work when the players you have who cross the white line don’t listen, think they are above instruction or physically incapable of what is needed. Thankfully, they all left in the summer…

Soon as I saw the side I thought 5 changes? ( one forced) but then looked again and realised it’ll be a battle and he picked side accordingly? Wots the point in having a squad if your not going to use it? He not rushing players back who’ve took knocks and isn’t bothered about mixing things up? At last we seem ( still early days) to have a manager who knows how to manage..long may it continue 

He’s definitely coming across as a man with a plan,  meanwhile these managers many on here insisted were the only sensible choices are struggling with there respective sides ..

Hughton 👀

Cook 👀

We've not used Corbeanu or Sow yet, plus we have Windass and Shodipo to come back so certainly players to make an impact. 

Brown hasn't played left back yet, and we haven't involved Gibson yet. 

We've definitely got options to change things and get at teams more if we can't break a team down or are chasing a game. We just haven't had to yet. I think first game of the season, we were just conservative to get off to a decent start and get a good point away from home. 

• Like 1