Andre Green to Slovan Bratislava

1 hour ago, stocksyuto said:

Clearly couldn’t be arśed attitude to playing for Wednesday then føœk him good riddance 

I don’t think that’s true at all. I don’t think this is a player we need to demonise. Hopefully he does well and hopefully we have a sell on fee due

• Like 2

12 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

A free header at the far post from two yards out following a near post flick on from a corner.

Still, hopefully it gives him the confidence to kick on.

Right place , right time nothing wrong with that. Would class that as good positional play rather than luck. Well done , Andre.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Bit harsh that pal. There was never any lack of effort more a lack of talent/confidence/fitness

I think the talent was there and when he first signed his fitness wasn't at the required level but I think he needed games to build his confidence and never got a proper run of games. Hopefully he does well there and gets a move back to England in the next couple of years. 

• Like 1

According to The Athletic, Moore told Green he wasn't in his plans a few weeks before the move materialised, though it sounds like Green wasn't too keen on a stint in League One, either.

Ruthless management - in the best possible way - if true.

The Athletic understands the 23-year-old was informed he could look for a new club a few weeks before his move came about after a conversation with manager Moore and his recruitment staff.

Though he was subject to interest from Championship and other League One sides, Green wanted the challenge of European football on offer with Bratislava, who play in the new Europa Conference League this season, and had already been considering his future following Wednesday’s relegation.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

According to The Athletic, Moore told Green he wasn't in his plans a few weeks before the move materialised, though it sounds like Green wasn't too keen on a stint in League One, either.

The Athletic understands the 23-year-old was informed he could look for a new club a few weeks before his move came about after a conversation with manager Moore and his recruitment staff.

Though he was subject to interest from Championship and other League One sides, Green wanted the challenge of European football on offer with Bratislava, who play in the new Europa Conference League this season, and had already been considering his future following Wednesday’s relegation.

Makes a lot of sense. Wonder if he was the other player alongside Borner, who gave notice? Wish him luck regardless. No one deserves not to be paid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Funny when players don’t want to play in league one, but don’t do anything special at that level either at least consistently. Did he just score a hattrick over there? Seems like a move to massage some stats and raise profile. 

I guess that’s fair enough though 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Didn’t fancy League 1? Did he need a lower league? Cos there’s no way he’s up for Championship or above. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yet Moore started the season with him?

As for Green, good luck to him but do we need to post whenever he scores. I had almost forgotten about him.

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I mean yeah, but the absolutely f*cking cheek of saying he doesn't fancy playing in League One then going to a league where the top team plays a competitive fixture against a side whose home games are played in the middle of an open field lol

• Haha 1

Interesting views on here as always. Personally I think it’s more evidence of Moore’s progressive style of management. Green may have been surplus to requirements in the long term but Moore by selecting Green was quite prepared to potentially profit by selecting him in the short term.

Other examples for me are of the way he’s used Bannan, Palmer and Paterson even though over the summer, any one of these players could’ve left?

In reference to a post from the boss in another thread, yes I’m still p!$$ed off with Monk as Moore is clearly showing how to manage this club in difficult circumstances by being engaging and flexible, something the Magnificent One clearly wasn’t?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

Interesting views on here as always. Personally I think it’s more evidence of Moore’s progressive style of management. Green may have been surplus to requirements in the long term but Moore by selecting Green was quite prepared to potentially profit by selecting him in the short term.

Other examples for me are of the way he’s used Bannan, Palmer and Paterson even though over the summer, any one of these players could’ve left?

In reference to a post from the boss in another thread, yes I’m still p!$$ed off with Monk as Moore is clearly showing how to manage this club in difficult circumstances by being engaging and flexible, something the Magnificent One clearly wasn’t?

Personally think Moore has gained the trust of the chairman and has been allowed to do what he wants. 

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Personally think Moore has gained the trust of the chairman and has been allowed to do what he wants. 

I think you’re right but isn’t that another example of Moore’s progressive style of management? 

I think he could go and ask the Chairman for anything and he more than likely would get it?

He’s going to get the chance to build this club IMO and this could’ve been Bruce, Monk or Pulis but they obviously didn’t engage with the Chairman in the way Moore has?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It is yeah. Quite a clever move. Maybe his playing style is more suited abroad too. Just interesting he struggled for goals here and then pops 4 in at a supposed better level. 

Hell already be worth more than we fetched so I hope we had some kind of sell on. 

• Like 1