Andre Green to Slovan Bratislava

34 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The problem is we have so many good options you could find yourself unable to get back in if you don't perform when given the opportunity. 

I think Brown or Paterson will replace him on Saturday. then we also have Sow, Corbeanu, Shodipo and eventually windass waiting to play. Because that is pretty much the only spot up for debate long term I think as the others will be certs pretty much.

It's great to have options and competition for places. I'm expecting a fair bit of rotation as the season progresses, especially on the wings.

Once they're all up to speed, we should be able to pose all sorts of different problems depending on how we set up.

• Like 1

Guest Djclifton
48 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

There's been some unpleasantness aimed at some players at times, but unfortunately non-abusive, rational posters who were simply sharing their opinion have also been tarred with the same brush by certain posters for some reason.

Honest, good-natured debate needs to be encouraged, not stifled.

Great post. 

unfortunately this country gets more like Russia or China everyday. 

anything but the given notion and you’re evil. Rational or not. It’s ridiculous that you can’t criticise footballers now. 

football in Europe is built on Money from the east. Authoritarian, earth destroying oil money, from countries that degrade women and kill non believers. 

they call for inclusivity but put football behind their great paywalls to exclude the poorest. All whilst earning £200k a week. 

then they have the nerve to lecture virtue 

13 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Think he has potential. If this happens it shows how DM sees in the pecking order. 

When we have all options fit and competing for those spaces we will have some real attacking threat

I agree Green has plenty of potential, there's no doubt about that.  

We don't have the luxury of giving Green a regular start week in week out which is what he needs, given the amount of competition for places.  

We could well see a couple more players on their way out. 

• Like 2

Simply hasn’t looked as if he going to do the business? Offered very little in 3 games moore seen him in training probably had the offer and thought let him go? Especially if he has another lined up to come in? Might even be another striker? Also sends message out do the business or your out 

5 minutes ago, Djclifton said:

Great post. 

I love when people post proper over dramatic stuff like this

its always proper funny to see what they can come up with

Tonight it’s that Barnsley is like Beijing 

lol

Classic 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

We haven't got the time or resources to wait for players to get up to speed.

He's had a fair shot and I'm glad that DM agrees with us posters who spotted this early in the piece.

And were vilified as "hater's" and "bullies".

But let's draw a line under that unpleasant and pointless attempt to divide fans and move on together with (often) differing opinions.

Agree, 

Our leader (Neil) says we must all be happy, exciting times ahead.

18 minutes ago, Djclifton said:

Great post. 

anything but the given notion and you’re evil. Rational or not. It’s ridiculous that you can’t criticise footballers now. 

football in Europe is built on Money from the east. Authoritarian, earth destroying oil money, from countries that degrade women and kill non believers. 

they call for inclusivity but put football behind their great paywalls to exclude the poorest. All whilst earning £200k a week. 

then they have the nerve to lecture virtue 

That escalated. 😂

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

You seemed to have a view on these things.

I want all members of the site to be happy and the fanbase in general.

I've never in 20000 odd posts tried to bully correspondents into any sort of mood.

I often don't agree with posters but I'll engage if they're being civil and making good points.

• Like 2

Not everything needs to be over analysed.

Turning players who haven’t hit it off into transfer fees is just to be expected of a functional football club.

I backed him to do something here, but don’t think anybody could argue we’ll particularly miss him. Good business. The club is learning.

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Not everything needs to be over analysed.

Turning players who haven’t hit it off into transfer fees is just to be expected of a functional football club.

I backed him to do something here, but don’t think anybody could argue we’ll particularly miss him. Good business. The club is learning.

There definitely might be a player buried in the injuries and inactivity but it's right that another club takes the risk.

I don't think we're in a position this season to have players sat on the books.