Andre Green to Slovan Bratislava

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I had a feeling that Moore didn’t rate him (as I didn’t) even though some fools thought there was a witch hunt against him, it was simply that he isn’t good enough.

We have loads of options out wide. Corbeanu, Shodipo, Windass, Sow, Johnson and even Brown can all play in these positions. To get money for Green after only playing 15 games is class!

Never really done anything, no goals or assists in league games. Didn’t seem capable of being the direct wide player We needed but I wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

potentially opens the door for sims BUT we still have :

Johnson

Sow

shodipo

Windass

Corbeanu

Ok few currently out but still have 3 of those available, with Shodipo back fairly soon , brown can cover out wide and so can Dennis to accommodate more central players ,

we shall see

9 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I had a feeling that Moore didn’t rate him (as I didn’t) even though some fools thought there was a witch hunt against him, it was simply that he isn’t good enough.

We have loads of options out wide. Corbeanu, Shodipo, Windass, Sow, Johnson and even Brown can all play in these positions. To get money for Green after only playing 15 games is class!

Are we getting money tho?

I'm not against selling him - Green's been disappointing thus far.

But I don't think we've got the squad depth to be selling our attacking options.

We need to get out of League One this season.  And Green should've had a part to play, albeit mainly as a bench player.

Green's just turned 23 years old, has a point to prove this season.  Plenty of potential to go onto be a player.

If we sell for anything less than £2 million, it would be pïss-poor business.  And proof that the club isn't learning.

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

But I don't think we've got the squad depth to be selling our attacking options.

We need to get out of League One this season.  And Green should've had a part to play, albeit mainly as a bench player.

Green's just turned 23 years old, has a point to prove this season.  Plenty of potential to go onto be a player.

If we sell for anything less than £2 million, it would be pïss-poor business.  And proof that the club isn't learning.

£2mill !?   Give over 

Bit surprised by this but fair enough, and if he’s maybe going to get Europa League football out of it it’s not inherently a step back for him. I hope he smashes it tbf. Especially if we got a sell-on clause. 

3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Was that 2p you meant ? Not done anything of note while here so get the wages off the books. I would say we are learning.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Your having a larf mate 2 mill😂

To get a return on a player that cost nothing and will probably be warming the bench is good, this may allow his wages to get someone else in that’s of more value to us in a playing sense so why not.

8 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

He played the two opening games .. funny not rating the lad? Clearly Moore wanted to give him the chance to step up whilst at the same time putting him in the transfer window.

I agree it’s a great bit of business and one which will help us a achieve self sufficiency. 
Pick a talented player try and turn him around or take a fee (hopefully with a sell on clause) and cash in! 

• Like 1